Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, a good fig esp. for the price at the time. TWS and IW are better figs either because of the accessories, dual portraits (TWS) or amazing sculpt (IW). IW has spectacular arm and great costume details.

CW is good, not great, as the portrait is generic; the pants are too short and pull out of boots when posing; and the rounded sole of the boot makes him difficult to stand alone. Rifle and arm are big selling points - plus,ya know, it's a Civil War fig. Body also switches out perfectly with TWS Bucky - did that for one of my TWS to get that shiny, shiny arm:cool:. CW Bucky kinda is like BP #1 to me - good, not great, due to needing more switchouts and accessories and a better sculpt/paint. CW paint is pretty middle of the road; proto paint way better.

IW is a superior release for sure, even if the rifle is a re-use. But if u gotta have a shiny silver arm, then - CW version.

what did you do to BP

His look in this weeks episode was way better honestly. Still kinda bland but better.

First figure was definitely the best but that doesn't mean they should reissue it.

Yeah they should with the Fury scene jacket and the Gerber Mark II, with a scorched shield from the teaser (not in the film, but cool scene).

And a new sculpt. It's not like they don't have the molds for the rest of the weapons.

what did you do to BP

Nothing except pick up the OSK sculpt, at the time. BP V#1 is holding up great; and a lot of folks prefer the more beefy suit and mask.

Like CW Bucky tho, BP #1 is a pretty stripped down release. I think there are 3 total pairs of hands; some of the CW figs came with an extra tiny Antman - but Bucky and BP didn't. Since T'challa spent a lot of time unmasked, it would have been good to have a sculpt.

Good, not great releases IMO. But - aside from the Winter Soldier being my fav MCU character anyway:cool: - I am very happy I own them. Solid feeling figs that pose well; and carefully done. HT really did a nice job on the iconic silver WS arm. The whole group of CW releases - from the IM 46 to Cap to WS and Falcon, Nat and Wanda are outstanding. Was the last film I blew a lot of money on for figs as a group - good times!:cool:

Except, FWS may end up straining the budget, maybe. Falcon + Bucky + Zemo at least $$$$$$

at this point, the only bucky I would take is from TWS.

Yeah, but unlike the other two, u gotta watch those weapons popping off...i took to using some putty to stay on the safe side. HT parts are too pricey to replace.

Tho I bought Nat and Bucky an entire extra arsenal, over time, anyway. TWS Bucky NEEDED that Barrett:monkey3

Can HT please reissue the original -- and BEST -- Winter Soldier please?

That's OK, I'm good. :nana:

Just kidding! Still TWO of my favorite figures...

WS1.jpeg
WS3.jpeg

But they still should anyway.

Nope. Watering down any hobby eventually destroys. Integrity is important. Need to focus on all the worthy figures that haven't yet been made and making new content better. If you want an older figure go find it and buy it.

If they did rerelease the figure, it would probably cost $320+ if it came with the same accessories. Probably more because of how intricate the outfit was.

Nope. Watering down any hobby eventually destroys. Integrity is important. Need to focus on all the worthy figures that haven't yet been made and making new content better. If you want an older figure go find it and buy it.

I don't want the older figure though, I want a better version.

HT should def put out a 2.0 of TWS especially since his look/character is featured in episode 1.

That said, the only figure I'd be interested in the most so far would be Zemo. The baller jacket and the face mask would make it stand out quite a bit.

HT should def put out a 2.0 of TWS especially since his look/character is featured in episode 1.

That said, the only figure I'd be interested in the most so far would be Zemo. The baller jacket and the face mask would make it stand out quite a bit.

Yeah, I hear you about Zemo that mask and coat combo is sick ...if HT announces that figure I’m pre-ordering end of story!!!!

I realize that a lot of people have understandably expressed skepticism about preordering lately, however for me when it’s a figure that I want like Scarlet Witch or Zemo (hopefully) I like to order then forget about it.

Maybe I am being naive or putting too much faith in Hot Toys but I have yet to feel let down by any of the figures I have received from them. That said I realize that relatively speaking I’m pretty new to the hobby (4yrs) and only have a modest collection (34 figures) so I may have a lot to learn but as things stand I don’t mind these companies “holding my money” for quite some time. For me unless it is money that I was planning on investing it doesn’t matter to me where it “sits”

Yeah, I hear you about Zemo that mask and coat combo is sick ...if HT announces that figure I’m pre-ordering end of story!!!!

I realize that a lot of people have understandably expressed skepticism about preordering lately, however for me when it’s a figure that I want like Scarlet Witch or Zemo (hopefully) I like to order then forget about it.

Maybe I am being naive or putting too much faith in Hot Toys but I have yet to feel let down by any of the figures I have received from them. That said I realize that relatively speaking I’m pretty new to the hobby (4yrs) and only have a modest collection (34 figures) so I may have a lot to learn but as things stand I don’t mind these companies “holding my money” for quite some time. For me unless it is money that I was planning on investing it doesn’t matter to me where it “sits”

What bothers some people being disappointed in a fig doesn't bother others, so there's that. Like I read a comment someplace - not on this board - that called the TWS Bucky a POS. Since it was one of the highlights of my collecting life the day I got a NIB Winter Soldier in hand, I don't get that. Still don't, but I got into it late and paid upmarket prices. So I wasn't around for whatever hand wringing went on. Same for the SSC Jawa pair.

Also I'd rather eat an NRD than have a fig I don't like; thanx to some great vids there's plenty of warning.

My concern is the constant delays that are getting out of hand. I've bought almost my entire collection from Sideshow, save one or two, and usually did the pre-order installment plans. And that was fine...but this Endgame Cap debacle has more than soured me on the process.

What bothers some people being disappointed in a fig doesn't bother others, so there's that. Like I read a comment someplace - not on this board - that called the TWS Bucky a POS. Since it was one of the highlights of my collecting life the day I got a NIB Winter Soldier in hand, I don't get that. Still don't, but I got into it late and paid upmarket prices. So I wasn't around for whatever hand wringing went on. Same for the SSC Jawa pair.

Also I'd rather eat an NRD than have a fig I don't like; thanx to some great vids there's plenty of warning.

Wow! To hear anyone call TWS Bucky a POS seems pretty outrageous to me but as you point out subjectivity and diversity of opinion is a reality of life.

Btw I agree with you about the option of eating an NRD (although I have never had to) and the fact that there are so many previews and fast reviews of the figures now we are able to have a really good idea of what we are going to get with this figures quite a while before they arrive here in the US

My concern is the constant delays that are getting out of hand. I've bought almost my entire collection from Sideshow, save one or two, and usually did the pre-order installment plans. And that was fine...but this Endgame Cap debacle has more than soured me on the process.

I hear you, it has been a long time with this figure and I wish I had mine in hand as well. That said, while it is not at all my place to tell others what they should find unacceptable, however with all of the things that have happened over the last year and a half or so I have personally decided to temper my expectations regarding any items that need to be shipped. I don’t know how long I waited for Gamora to arrive (it was a looong time) that I resolved myself that she would “get here when she gets here” when the figure did finally arrive I was more than happy with it and the wait was certainly worth it.

Ultimately even though a long wait is frustrating, if I want a figure I still want it rather it arrives in January or July.

Yeah, I hear you about Zemo that mask and coat combo is sick ...if HT announces that figure I?m pre-ordering end of story!!!!

I realize that a lot of people have understandably expressed skepticism about preordering lately, however for me when it?s a figure that I want like Scarlet Witch or Zemo (hopefully) I like to order then forget about it.

Maybe I am being naive or putting too much faith in Hot Toys but I have yet to feel let down by any of the figures I have received from them. That said I realize that relatively speaking I?m pretty new to the hobby (4yrs) and only have a modest collection (34 figures) so I may have a lot to learn but as things stand I don?t mind these companies ?holding my money? for quite some time. For me unless it is money that I was planning on investing it doesn?t matter to me where it ?sits?

I've been collecting for twice as long and barely even have 20 figures, so 34 sounds like a lot to me. Then again, I may also be an outlier on the low end...

There was a time when collectors were making/cancelling preorders everywhere (myself included), so NRDs make sense as a commitment device to weed out the non-serious preorders (otherwise, there's a bunch of excess inventory being made/floating around, which doesn't help HT or its retailers... it's just wasted resources that could be better spent elsewhere). I know a lot of collectors want to avoid NRDs or wait to preorder, but that deflates preorder numbers... which in turn deflates the size of final production runs... which might be partly why so many figures are skyrocketing in aftermarket value. Not saying there's a direct causality, but I do find it curious that so many figures are rising in value when the number of collectors seems to be bigger than ever (or people are just more willing to pay those prices than before). Anyways, that's just the economist in me. :lecture

Back to complaining about toys! :lol

Back