Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been collecting for twice as long and barely even have 20 figures, so 34 sounds like a lot to me. Then again, I may also be an outlier on the low end...

There was a time when collectors were making/cancelling preorders everywhere (myself included), so NRDs make sense as a commitment device to weed out the non-serious preorders (otherwise, there's a bunch of excess inventory being made/floating around, which doesn't help HT or its retailers... it's just wasted resources that could be better spent elsewhere). I know a lot of collectors want to avoid NRDs or wait to preorder, but that deflates preorder numbers... which in turn deflates the size of final production runs... which might be partly why so many figures are skyrocketing in aftermarket value. Not saying there's a direct causality, but I do find it curious that so many figures are rising in value when the number of collectors seems to be bigger than ever (or people are just more willing to pay those prices than before). Anyways, that's just the economist in me. :lecture

Back to complaining about toys! :lol

At least some of that I think is the "10-year MCU thing". I started late into the MCU; definitely own a few that I paid upmarket prices for after the fact - within reason. But I'd hate to try to source "10-year figs now" - TWS Bucky included.

Re newer figs - prices seemed to climb after Civil War - at least for me at this point, every purchase has to be very carefully considered. Took me forever to pay off Infinity War War Machine.

I'm guessing one of the Toy Fair exclusives will be a WS figure this year.
I'm really hoping they do a non-cap Falcon. Or maybe an IW/EG Falcon.

At least some of that I think is the "10-year MCU thing". I started late into the MCU; definitely own a few that I paid upmarket prices for after the fact - within reason. But I'd hate to try to source "10-year figs now" - TWS Bucky included.

Re newer figs - prices seemed to climb after Civil War - at least for me at this point, every purchase has to be very carefully considered. Took me forever to pay off Infinity War War Machine.

I get earlier MCU figures going up in value (though the extent of it now is still surprising), but I was also thinking of newer figures from the past 5 years or so- diecast IM figures, Yondu, soon to be Gamora- whose values jumped after selling out. Five years ago, I couldn't imagine figure values doubling or even tripling for newer, non-exclusive releases (a 50% increase was at the high end), but that happens a lot more often these days.

For new releases, I've accepted rising prices at this point (increased costs of doing business, inflation, etc), but I can see how that's negatively affecting preorder decisions. It's definitely harder to make an impulse/non-essential purchase at $300 than at $200 (and IM/WM figures are even worse for that).

I get earlier MCU figures going up in value (though the extent of it now is still surprising), but I was also thinking of newer figures from the past 5 years or so- diecast IM figures, Yondu, soon to be Gamora- whose values jumped after selling out. Five years ago, I couldn't imagine figure values doubling or even tripling for newer, non-exclusive releases (a 50% increase was at the high end), but that happens a lot more often these days.

For new releases, I've accepted rising prices at this point (increased costs of doing business, inflation, etc), but I can see how that's negatively affecting preorder decisions. It's definitely harder to make an impulse/non-essential purchase at $300 than at $200 (and IM/WM figures are even worse for that).

That's for sure. Way back I grabbed BP V1 at the last minute, he was getting sold out; but that was when basic fig were at ~220$ (not saying that is cheap; but it was bearable).

I dunno - between the high cost and long delays - yeah, 300 is not an impulse buy. Like, I'd like the Avengers EG Cap. A few years ago, he would have been ordered, a while ago. Now I'm more hesitant and haven't even ordered yet. For long POs I start asking - "do I REALLY want this fig, or not?"

But not to sound all negative - everyone's got their *standards*. For me now that figs seem to regularly approach the 300$ mark - it's time to pull up and think about it more. For others it's not a problem.

Jedha says Falcon is next.

Bet the price is going to be absolutely painful.:lol:horror

RRMZU9z.jpg

That's for sure. Way back I grabbed BP V1 at the last minute, he was getting sold out; but that was when basic fig were at ~220$ (not saying that is cheap; but it was bearable).

I dunno - between the high cost and long delays - yeah, 300 is not an impulse buy. Like, I'd like the Avengers EG Cap. A few years ago, he would have been ordered, a while ago. Now I'm more hesitant and haven't even ordered yet. For long POs I start asking - "do I REALLY want this fig, or not?"

But not to sound all negative - everyone's got their *standards*. For me now that figs seem to regularly approach the 300$ mark - it's time to pull up and think about it more. For others it's not a problem.

I get how it is- I bite the bullet for the figures that I know I'll really like (and then hem and haw over the rest), but I'm definitely getting picky now too. Between the higher costs and not having enough shelf space, I can't pick up every figure that looks cool. It has to have enough meaning/personal value to replace something I already own, and that bar gets higher with each new addition.

As for the new Falcon, as long as it's lower than the aftermarket price for the CW Falcon, that's technically a win. :lol

I get how it is- I bite the bullet for the figures that I know I'll really like (and then hem and haw over the rest), but I'm definitely getting picky now too. Between the higher costs and not having enough shelf space, I can't pick up every figure that looks cool. It has to have enough meaning/personal value to replace something I already own, and that bar gets higher with each new addition.

As for the new Falcon, as long as it's lower than the aftermarket price for the CW Falcon, that's technically a win. :lol

Truth! And 4 episodes in, now kinda feeling I gotta bite the bullet for the THREE. Or 4. Falcon, Bucky, Zemo.:cool:

Truth! And 4 episodes in, now kinda feeling I gotta bite the bullet for the THREE. Or 4. Falcon, Bucky, Zemo.:cool:

I'm not on the Zemo train, but I'm leaning towards adding a Falcon figure to the collection now. The problem is that I like the CW design the most so far, and I'm not paying aftermarket prices for that.

I have the TWS Bucky, and that's still my favorite look for him (even as the suit is disintegrating). But I would like a short-haired Bucky one day (preferably the Howling Commandos look).

I didn't buy the CW falcon because I thought he would sit like the WS one I regret buying CW antman instead

Ditto on passing on the CW Falcon (and CW Cap and IM Mark 46 and Scarlet Witch and....). The others were all great designs, there were just other versions I liked more as a "definitive" figure for the character.

I wouldn’t feel bad. I had the entire Civil War lineup and have sold them off aside from Iron Man and War Machine.

As much as I loved the movie and as strong as those figures were, it seems like we’re moving into a golden era of costumes that retain the grounded look of the MCU but take increasing inspiration from the comics.

Whether Hot Toys can deliver quality figures based on the new costumes still remains to be seen, but the costume designs have only gotten better for the most part.

910BD561-E241-4383-AD92-D113EC2E4EFC.jpeg

Obviously not Hot Toys’ fault, but this outfit is much better and Marvel should have gone with it. I think maybe they thought it was too red white and blue lol

View attachment 510951

Obviously not Hot Toys’ fault, but this outfit is much better and Marvel should have gone with it. I think maybe they thought it was too red white and blue lol

I'll be interested to see if we end up with a similar look to this down the line after Sam becomes Cap. Bucky doesn't have the white star on his arm in the show either so it could be interesting to see this look appear when he starts working with SamCap.

I think it is pretty clear that most people want more Bucky. Falcon is fine, but Bucky is just more interesting and has more to gain on his comeback trail. And I don't know if anyone has really thought about it, and I didn't until recently, but if Sam is the PTSD counselor that he is, why does he have the smart *** comments towards Bucky and not being the helping hand?

I think it is pretty clear that most people want more Bucky. Falcon is fine, but Bucky is just more interesting and has more to gain on his comeback trail. And I don't know if anyone has really thought about it, and I didn't until recently, but if Sam is the PTSD counselor that he is, why does he have the smart *** comments towards Bucky and not being the helping hand?

To be fair Bucky does owe Sam a car, and did almost kill him a couple of times. And apparently Bucky was blowing Sam's texts off, so....it's gonna take some time, that's all.:cool:

Meanwhile, I've already got Season 2 written in my head; hope the actors enjoy filming on location in Africa.:lol $$$$$

I wonder if HT are waiting for Falcon Captain America to be revealed before releasing him. They could just release two versions his outfit now and his CA one after I mean we got that with Mando from S1 in his first armour and now his Beskar Armour.

Back