Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have we even seen footage of him in this outfit with that gun in any of the trailers? All I?ve seen is a pistol.

No. But guess that HT gets designs pretty early on and just winged it - no pun intended. Maybe he saved it from the EG battle.:dunno

Announced tonight.

164149089_10157910440907344_5702334360389531203_o.jpg

163959969_10157910440962344_2179712254013995840_o.jpg

163295475_10157910440967344_4016417245186574970_o.jpg

163499251_10157910441222344_2543766131041071576_o.jpg

163591563_10157910440947344_7297376061108698062_o.jpg

As expected based from the WV show, another D+ series release! I think the figure overall looks very good, the head sculpt looks very good. Nice to see he keeps the vibranium arm too.

Weeelllll - this is my fav character. I like the outfit; but the sculpt seems oddly off to me. Weird 'coz the IW version is eerie it's so perfect. I even saw some knockoff poster on Amazon that used the HT fig instead of Sebastian Stan.:lol

Will probably pick up to represent; but not as enthused as my other WS figs. Not to mention prefer long-hair Bucky. With lots of weapons:monkey3. I'd like a re-release of TWS that includes the knife this time.

It's the superhero life:lol. There's probably some grubby shop in the NY garment district where u go to a back door, and give the password. Then a mysterious figure looks u up and down, and tells u to come back tomorrow. Then u go back and get a tailored superhero outfit.:cool:

Guess the strap might be useful - fashionable, but if u need a quick sling u rip it off and do - whatever. Like, ur supposed to wear a strong belt into the wilderness, 'coz u can use a belt if needed for all kinds of stuff - keeping ur food bag off the ground, for one thing. Tho here I suppose it's a nod back to the WS history. Plus u could use it as a garrote.:monkey3

Sassafras you mention the Winter Soldier is your fav character, so I presume you're going to go all in on this one too? :wink1:

I like WS/Bucky, and I think this one's another good figure of him, but of course would like it if Marvel made a bit more iconic look. I'm really happy with my IW Bucky, looks so good and it encapsulates his overall arc in the MCU. (Oh shoot - noticed he is sold out at BBTS :horror last time around they seemed to have a good amount, but I guess with hype he went out lol) Sometimes I still bash myself for missing the TWS figure :banghead since I think that would be my most preferred look, as it's so inspired by its sources. (Would be down for a 2.0 :pray:)

Sassafras you mention the Winter Soldier is your fav character, so I presume you're going to go all in on this one too? :wink1:

I like WS/Bucky, and I think this one's another good figure of him, but of course would like it if Marvel made a bit more iconic look. I'm really happy with my IW Bucky, looks so good and it encapsulates his overall arc in the MCU. (Oh shoot - noticed he is sold out at BBTS :horror last time around they seemed to have a good amount, but I guess with hype he went out lol) Sometimes I still bash myself for missing the TWS figure :banghead since I think that would be my most preferred look, as it's so inspired by its sources. (Would be down for a 2.0 :pray:)

TBH a lot is gonna depend on 1) Falcon and 2) whether I have some RPs to knock the cost of this Bucky down some. In the show the Winter Soldier is fine; wouldn't expect the character to look tactical or look grunge (Civil War).

As a fig - IMO this is a boring release, after looking at it for a while. Kinda looks like he should be hitting the clubs with a beer in hand. I'm already seeing ordering accessories like a duffle coat, shield, pistols and that's over 100$ easy. Not sold on the sculpt - in theory it should be the same as the IW Bucky but - you never know with HT.

So not gonna race to order - waiting to see what they do with Falcon and other characters. I wouldn't put it past HT to re-release the classic TWS look, either.

I dig it. I've been waiting for this version of Bucky for a while. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a reissue or a 2.0 version of Flashback Winter Soldier. (It's possible we're going to see a few more of those.)

Agreed. The pleather on the original Winter Soldier is disintegrating and a re-release with better fabric material, even if it had fewer accessories (just the handguns and knives perhaps?) would sell like crazy right now. Bring it on Hot Toys.

TBH a lot is gonna depend on 1) Falcon and 2) whether I have some RPs to knock the cost of this Bucky down some. In the show the Winter Soldier is fine; wouldn't expect the character to look tactical or look grunge (Civil War).

As a fig - IMO this is a boring release, after looking at it for a while. Kinda looks like he should be hitting the clubs with a beer in hand. I'm already seeing ordering accessories like a duffle coat, shield, pistols and that's over 100$ easy. Not sold on the sculpt - in theory it should be the same as the IW Bucky but - you never know with HT.

So not gonna race to order - waiting to see what they do with Falcon and other characters. I wouldn't put it past HT to re-release the classic TWS look, either.

Ahhh ok gotcha! I can see where some would think the fig is a 'boring' look/release, but for me it looks great. I only have the IW Bucky so I welcome this F&WS figure.

Ahhh ok gotcha! I can see where some would think the fig is a 'boring' look/release, but for me it looks great. I only have the IW Bucky so I welcome this F&WS figure.

He does look great; but the price with no real accessories - not even an interesting stand or alternate jacket IMO is pretty high. IW Bucky wasn't that cheap either; but the arm was new; lots of detail in the jacket, new sculpt, etc. (I never use the extra arm tho).

For me it would be one thing if this new Bucky was at 220$ - but he's not. Am sure the body, arm, and rifle are the same as IW Bucky. So I feel like I gotta knock the price back, for the FWS Bucky, even if it's my fav character. Coz I am *awash* in Buckys and Caps (including the CW civvie version).

But I feel like if I get Falcon, I gotta get this Bucky. AND if HT releases a new TWS Bucky, I'd get that too, depending:cool:. So far my TWS Buckys are holding up OK. Depends on what HT does - plus who knows what will come out of the Loki series.

I'm just not racing to PO...plus the delays now, it'll be a while before any of these are in hand.

He does look great; but the price with no real accessories - not even an interesting stand or alternate jacket IMO is pretty high. IW Bucky wasn't that cheap either; but the arm was new; lots of detail in the jacket, new sculpt, etc. (I never use the extra arm tho).

For me it would be one thing if this new Bucky was at 220$ - but he's not. Am sure the body, arm, and rifle are the same as IW Bucky. So I feel like I gotta knock the price back, for the FWS Bucky, even if it's my fav character. Coz I am *awash* in Buckys and Caps (including the CW civvie version).

But I feel like if I get Falcon, I gotta get this Bucky. AND if HT releases a new TWS Bucky, I'd get that too, depending:cool:. So far my TWS Buckys are holding up OK. Depends on what HT does - plus who knows what will come out of the Loki series.

I'm just not racing to PO...plus the delays now, it'll be a while before any of these are in hand.

:goodpost:

The head sculpt looks good, and i'm sure it will look great in-hand when released. As for the paint application, it is ridiculously good.

Overall however, it is a pretty boring figure, but that's Marvel's fault. Bucky/Winter Soldier is such a good character, in all honesty, better and cooler than all the Avengers by a long stretch, but after TWS and CW, they've given him nothing to do. He's just been brushed aside. They made him look so bland in Infinity War, replacing his shiny arm with a boring grey one. Since the end of CW as well, he's always got a gun, as if it's a requsite for him to fight, not that he even fights anymore. He's been transformed from one of the coolest action characters with a great backstory, to just a guy with a gun.

I don't think the tv show will do much to bring out the epicness of the character either, atleast from what i've seen from the first two episodes. This short-hair look is cool, but there's just nothing to the character, he doesn't fight or do anything cool anymore. They've grounded him way too much.

What's people's opinion on the Civil War figure these days?

Overall, a good fig esp. for the price at the time. TWS and IW are better figs either because of the accessories, dual portraits (TWS) or amazing sculpt (IW). IW has spectacular arm and great costume details.

CW is good, not great, as the portrait is generic; the pants are too short and pull out of boots when posing; and the rounded sole of the boot makes him difficult to stand alone. Rifle and arm are big selling points - plus,ya know, it's a Civil War fig. Body also switches out perfectly with TWS Bucky - did that for one of my TWS to get that shiny, shiny arm:cool:. CW Bucky kinda is like BP #1 to me - good, not great, due to needing more switchouts and accessories and a better sculpt/paint. CW paint is pretty middle of the road; proto paint way better.

IW is a superior release for sure, even if the rifle is a re-use. But if u gotta have a shiny silver arm, then - CW version.

Thanks Sassafras. It's the Civil War factor that attracts me to it, love the film and may want to represent it someday. Currently I'm working on Infinity War. Just got Thanos today.

Problem with IW Bucky is that he's not terribly important in that movie, great though the figure is and with undeniably the best likeness.

After seeing the last episode I'm convinced HT could've given us more. Another jacket, weapons, etc. This level of laziness is getting ridiculous. The recent BB release is just laughable.

What's people's opinion on the Civil War figure these days?

It's a great figure, despite the lack of accessories. The Civil War head sculpt has actually gone under the radar, it's actually really detailed and well sculpted. I just wish they made a version of him in the red jumper and blue jeans from the prison break-out scene, that was such a cool and iconic look personally.

I would say that Sebastian Stan's face looked quite different in each of the movies, and that Hot Toys managed to capture his looks in each very well. The Infinity War sculpt may be great, but they did his character such a disservice in that movie, that I just can't buy it. More than happy to keep TWS and CW versions, they're great figures themselves.

Having watched episode 3 of the show, I think they're starting to do justice to his character again, hopefully that continues. If it does, I will get this new one. The short-hair is quite unique and cool. Having said that, Hot Toys could certainly have added black leather jacket, hoodie, and gloves to the set, but that's too much to ask for considering he's not a main Avenger character.

Thanks Sassafras. It's the Civil War factor that attracts me to it, love the film and may want to represent it someday. Currently I'm working on Infinity War. Just got Thanos today.

Problem with IW Bucky is that he's not terribly important in that movie, great though the figure is and with undeniably the best likeness.

Welcome - also note that since WS/Bucky is my fav character, I'm gonna be pretty picky. Don't get me wrong; it's a quality fig like BP (seeing as I own more than one CW Bucky:monkey3). Detailed jacket and pants; rifle is a work of art; arm has held up great; even better IMO if u can source a shield.

Hot_Toys_CW_wintersoldier.jpg

A WORTHY fig if u can pick up at reasonable price. Looks spectacular with the all-black concept Cap too.

LOL don't get me started on what I think Team Cap SHOULD have been doing re Infinity War:google. TWS and CW remain my top fav MCU films.

It's a great figure, despite the lack of accessories. The Civil War head sculpt has actually gone under the radar, it's actually really detailed and well sculpted. I just wish they made a version of him in the red jumper and blue jeans from the prison break-out scene, that was such a cool and iconic look personally.

I would say that Sebastian Stan's face looked quite different in each of the movies, and that Hot Toys managed to capture his looks in each very well. The Infinity War sculpt may be great, but they did his character such a disservice in that movie, that I just can't buy it. More than happy to keep TWS and CW versions, they're great figures themselves.

Having watched episode 3 of the show, I think they're starting to do justice to his character again, hopefully that continues. If it does, I will get this new one. The short-hair is quite unique and cool. Having said that, Hot Toys could certainly have added black leather jacket, hoodie, and gloves to the set, but that's too much to ask for considering he's not a main Avenger character.

Well, I've got the ACPlay version and another version of the civvie clothes - all need tweaks to match the hiking boots and some other details. The ACPlay civvie version - not being an HT - has its issues.

Re the series - Yep. Episode #3

:blissy

Guess I'll probably be getting this version after all, 'coz I won't be able to stand not to. After picking up bits and pieces of 1/6 stuff over the years, hope I can bash the latest Bucky with some more accessories. Back to being poor again.:lol
But luv my collection and aftermarket prices for MCU seem to be insane; so might as well get retail.

After seeing the last episode I'm convinced HT could've given us more. Another jacket, weapons, etc. This level of laziness is getting ridiculous. The recent BB release is just laughable.
I would have been satisfied with a decent likeness over any additional accessories.

CW Winter Soldier is a nice figure. Pants ride up around the ankles, but otherwise, I had no issues. His costume is very dark, so it needs lighting to display well, otherwise details just get lost. Articulation is unhindered by the costume, and his hair is short enough to allow for decent head movement. The likeness is pretty good, but not quite IW level.

Back