Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bit big at 6.5 heads tall, but I think the small torso doesn't help either. His thighs look huge.

View attachment 509304

It looks like they gave him a skinny waist. Thicker thighs and ass vs the usual flat ass they give male figures. Head size looks normal to me. Maybe it is just looking off since he is back with the short hair vs the usual long hair around his face and neck.

163295475_10157910440967344_4016417245186574970_o.jpg

It's a bit big at 6.5 heads tall, but I think the small torso doesn't help either. His thighs look huge.

What looks like thinner material for the pants isn't helping...but, in the end, will probably pick him up; it's part of Bucky's arc on the shelf, and sure they are gonna release Falcon. Wish they had at least given him some sort of background base like a bit of Madripoor.

I think this one is going to come down to how much I like the show.

I have the Infinity War Bucky and that is a surprisingly great figure. This looks like it's using that same basic headsculpt, only with new hair.

This figure looks great from the waist up, those boots covered with that fabric looks ridiculous. But with the lack of any sort of arm features or blurred out pics of a potential accessory, this does little for excitement. Just really a bland figure for anyone who already owns an Infinity War Bucky I feel. I can't really blame Hot Toys for the design, but they could have made up for it by adding accessories to bolster it up a bit. That saying, if I didnt own the IW Bucky, I would be more inclined to pick him up. Now they remake the actual Winter Soldier figure and I would be down for that in an instant!

This figure looks great from the waist up, those boots covered with that fabric looks ridiculous. But with the lack of any sort of arm features or blurred out pics of a potential accessory, this does little for excitement. Just really a bland figure for anyone who already owns an Infinity War Bucky I feel. I can't really blame Hot Toys for the design, but they could have made up for it by adding accessories to bolster it up a bit. That saying, if I didnt own the IW Bucky, I would be more inclined to pick him up. Now they remake the actual Winter Soldier figure and I would be down for that in an instant!

I like the spats - the more I look at the jacket, the more it reminds me of the moto jacket blow-up-Fury TWS scene (which was a custom jacket - studied it for a long time when I was gonna try to either buy or make one)

But - it's a pretty stripped release. I get it, Bucky re-integrating into society isn't gonna be running around in tactical gear (not without getting arrested anyway) so this is a compromise look. But HT could've beefed the release up.

But *sigh* my fav MCU character and there'll be Falcon; so can't see not picking this up. Throwing some RPs at it will take some of the sting out.

I think this one is going to come down to how much I like the show.

I have the Infinity War Bucky and that is a surprisingly great figure. This looks like it's using that same basic headsculpt, only with new hair.

Yep. IW Bucky is awesome. I'm gonna guess the show remains as good or better re the first episode, just based on comments from the director and writer and all the money that was poured into this one. Anyway, I already picked up a small show poster for display background art.:cool:

That strap across his chest would look better if it were part of a shoulder holster rig.

I actually like it, more so than the Infinity War version. His jacket is cool. Shoulder strap is weird but that's the designers.

The original Winter Soldier is the best. Wish I didn't sell it. I did hold onto my Civil War version and glad I did.

I'm not a big fan of the black and gold Vibranium arm. The gold color just doesn't vibe with the palette of the character (dark tones, plus red, white, and blue once he becomes "good" again) and I wish it was silver instead or had some more silver highlights in it. I get that there is a "story" behind this arm (Wakanda forever and all) but ehhh...it just contrasts with the rest of the design. There's some art around where it's blue-ish in tone with a white star. It looks better that way.

I will pre-order, but I might "wait" in case the character changes his look later in the series. I don't think it will be a "Captain-ish" look but we'll see. The fact that he doesn't come with a shield and they put this up for pre-order already is very telling.

I actually like it, more so than the Infinity War version. His jacket is cool. Shoulder strap is weird but that's the designers.

The original Winter Soldier is the best. Wish I didn't sell it. I did hold onto my Civil War version and glad I did.

I'm not a big fan of the black and gold Vibranium arm. The gold color just doesn't vibe with the palette of the character (dark tones, plus red, white, and blue once he becomes "good" again) and I wish it was silver instead or had some more silver highlights in it. I get that there is a "story" behind this arm (Wakanda forever and all) but ehhh...it just contrasts with the rest of the design. There's some art around where it's blue-ish in tone with a white star. It looks better that way.

I will pre-order, but I might "wait" in case the character changes his look later in the series. I don't think it will be a "Captain-ish" look but we'll see. The fact that he doesn't come with a shield and they put this up for pre-order already is very telling.

Tamashii Nation's S.H.Figuarts comes with the shield but they've removed the promo photos. Maybe they've done the same with the Hot Toys?

I dig it. I've been waiting for this version of Bucky for a while. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a reissue or a 2.0 version of Flashback Winter Soldier. (It's possible we're going to see a few more of those.)

I listen to a podcast by a guy who used to work in Hollywood. He?s always talking about how the biggest movie stars have gigantic heads in real life! I guess it helps them photograph better on camera. He said Leo has a HUGE noggin!

Amazing sculpt. They even added tiny freckles he has on his left side in real life.

It's a great sculpt but weirdly somehow don't feel it's dead-on, like the IW Bucky, tho assume this is just a redone version of that sculpt. Maybe that hair style doesn't translate well into vinyl; or it's the expression.:dunno

The costume looks good, but I really can't get behind this sculpt. Just really not feeling it. I'll stay satisfied with IW Bucky

It's a great sculpt but weirdly somehow don't feel it's dead-on, like the IW Bucky, tho assume this is just a redone version of that sculpt. Maybe that hair style doesn't translate well into vinyl; or it's the expression.:dunno

Agreed. Technically awesome sculpt but iffy likeness at the same time.

Back