Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for fun I checked evilbay. They are all over $400 now! :horror Glad I bought mine from SS back in Feb. I think I paid $250 shipped with a gift card.

Really? I had no idea! I still have mine MISB, along with my Tumbler that's also never been displayed. Was thinking of selling it as I might not know where to put it with an 1989 BM on the way, but after seeing the "looking for: Bat-Pod" locally I thought I'll hold on to it.

Thanks very much, appreciate it! :hi5:

Can't wait for the Cat to arrive, she's going to look great with the Pod.

I had TDKR Batpod in my pile o loot at BBTS when they first got it and it just arrived but I hadn't open it yet. Besides scrolling back to find the answer, what are the things to watch out for? Defect or fragile parts? Thanks.

Handle bars are the equivelant to the spoilers from the tumbler?

Did people get it broken or they broken it when putting the hands on it?

Not broken there just real tricky to keep them on, they like to fall off alot. Other than that the batpod is great. Just tricky to keep the handlebars on the pegs. Just handle the pod with care it feels real fragile

' Ok kids off daddies bike' :lol

DSCF1583_zpsca37f7fa.jpg
DSCF1582_zps1d80fb4c.jpg
DSCF1581_zps6acd2ec7.jpg

Could you guys give me an advice please:

I could get my hands on a mint original release Bat-Pod for $320 from a friend of mine.
Really iked the original release's matte / gunmetal finish but is it a big difference in person and would you say it's a good deal?

Any disadvantages at the original release?

I could get my hands on a mint original release Bat-Pod for $320 from a friend of mine.
Really iked the original release's matte / gunmetal finish but is it a big difference in person and would you say it's a good deal?

If it comes with the wired cape get it!

If it comes with the wired cape get it!

Yes it shall be complete. Do you think it's a fair price?
Don't know what these are going for atm as I couldn't find any that recently sold.

Is there a comparison between both somewhere? Couldn't find one as well. :dunno
If not, I'll probably make one if I get it!

Edit: Just found this one by Kicker773

Here are comparison pics.

The 2nd version as you can see banks to the left compared to the first version which is fine.

Comparison1.jpg

There are some noticeable differences between the first gen and 2nd release. I've highlighted them in red.

Comparison2.jpg

Parts of the front guns are black and darker. Also parts of the 2nd gen are more black at certain points and the silver is more cleaner and stands out more.

Comparison3.jpg

The seat and inside wheel/brake cover is silver on the 2nd release

Comparison4.jpg

Comparison5.jpg

Sorry I didn't feel like taking the plastic out until catwoman has arrived since that's her bike.

Think I'll pm him to ask if he still has the pics somewhere. :pray:

Last edited:

$320 is a great price for the original batpod. I just recently purchased the 2nd gen for around that price as well.

Go get it.

Many thanks for your advices so far!

I'm still torn between getting it and passing it. Thing is, I'm not a completist when it's about previous releases and from what Kicker773 wrote, I think the 2nd release has the better painting.

Once compared how it really appears in the movie and even though I like the matte look of the first version better, the second is more accurate when you compare it with some production or exhibition shots of the Bat-Pod.
But in some scenes it looks more like the matte 1st release due to the lighting.

I'd have a good use for both Bat-Pods for some of my dio work and Catwoman could keep her's in the shelf then, but do I really need a second, is it such a big difference with advantages on both versions to have both?

:panic: Not an easy decision.

Back