Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this from SSC for $144 shipped after using reward points, cant wait to put it with my Tumbler.

does the v2 have more metal parts than v1? how accurate is the paint of v1 to its screen counterpart? is there even any difference between the batpod in movie 2 and movie 3, paint wise?

does the v2 have more metal parts than v1? how accurate is the paint of v1 to its screen counterpart? is there even any difference between the batpod in movie 2 and movie 3, paint wise?

I think someone posted that the V2 has a more metallic paint-job and the paint on the canons is slightly different. I have never seen the V1 in person but V2 will be arriving soon hopefully with no issues.

I think someone posted that the V2 has a more metallic paint-job and the paint on the canons is slightly different. I have never seen the V1 in person but V2 will be arriving soon hopefully with no issues.

i understand that the v2 has more metallic paint, but what i meant was, does the less metallic v1 accurately reflect the batpod in movie 2? is the batpod in movie 3 more metallic than in movie 2, or are they exactly the same?

i understand that the v2 has more metallic paint, but what i meant was, does the less metallic v1 accurately reflect the batpod in movie 2? is the batpod in movie 3 more metallic than in movie 2, or are they exactly the same?

The funny thing is, that to me the Batpod's paint in TDK movie seems to be more shiny than in TDKR, while it seems to be the other way around with the Hot Toys releases.
But it could still be a question of lightning.
Anyway, I think both models are the same, only with two slightly different paintings, but both are nice in their own way. Only the cape holder of the first release is much better in any way.

Screenhot from TDK:

tdk-dec11-batpod-promo-dark-knight.jpg

Source: https://www.moviechronicles.com/batman-dark-knight/batman-images/bat-pod/

TDK Batpod photos:

arclight-batman-dark-knight-batpod-prop.jpg

Source: https://www.originalprop.com/blog/2008/07/28/original-dark-knight-props-costumes-on-display-at-arclight-theater/

Screenhot from TDKR:

Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Latest-Anne-Hathaway-Catwoman-.jpg

Source: https://wallpapersstore.net/wallpaper/batman-the-dark-knight-rises-latest-anne-hathaway-catwoman/

TDKR Batpod photos:

batpod-image-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Source: https://collider.com/dark-knight-rises-tumbler-batpod-images/167067/

dark-knight-rises-set-photo-catwoman-anne-hathaway-02.jpg

Source: https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2012/03/dark-knight-rises-batpod-motorcycle.html?m=0

Last edited:
:rotfl. Very true!

congrats! It's an awesome piece, I had a minor issue with mine, but I'm working with sideshow to correct.

I like it so much I couldn't resist the dx12 with gohastings promo code as well!

I almost got a second DX12 but went with the Batpod. It's something that I wanted for a while and couldn't pass up with the savings on it. I would have bought it later anyways but $70 saved right now can go towards Bane or Joker that are coming out soon.

Ordered mine today. Broke down and bought it as one of the members of this forum posted in the Batman DX12 thread shared awesome info. Ordered it on gohastings.com with a promo code. Paid $236 shipped! Hope it gets here soon!

Me too. :hi5:
Just ordered one.

I've been hoping for some kind of sale on this before they sell out everywhere. Told myself that that was the only way I'd break down and get one. My shipping must've not been as much; mine was $221.04. Still only would've been $226.88 if I had selected expedited shipping.

Anyway, this'll be my first (and probably only) 1/6 vehicle. Can't wait to display it behind my Batsuit Begins and DX12. Really can't wait to get Catwoman on it.

Me too. :hi5:
Just ordered one.

I've been hoping for some kind of sale on this before they sell out everywhere. Told myself that that was the only way I'd break down and get one. My shipping must've not been as much; mine was $221.04. Still only would've been $226.88 if I had selected expedited shipping.

Anyway, this'll be my first (and probably only) 1/6 vehicle. Can't wait to display it behind my Batsuit Begins and DX12. Really can't wait to get Catwoman on it.

Yeah me too. I thought that almost $300 was a little high for this piece but $236 is a fair price I think for this. Hoping there are no flaws though because I don't know how good the customer service is for gohastings.com.

My shipping and my tax ended up about the same, around $15. I think I should have splurged the extra $5 for expedited though, the wait is already killing me lol I have the Tumbler so this will be my last 1/6 vehicle. Space isn't really the factor but price is. Catwoman needs a ride though :wink1:

I've only bought one other thing from them (HT Iron Man Mk IV), but I had no issues. It does say in the customer service info section that you can return items if defective so...

I have heard that they sometimes sell items that they had out of the box and on display in one of their brick and mortar stores. Don't know if they still do that though.

P.S. Don't forget to take "The Bat-pod" out of your "Looking For" section of your sig. ;)

I've only bought one other thing from them (HT Iron Man Mk IV), but I had no issues. It does say in the customer service info section that you can return items if defective so...

I have heard that they sometimes sell items that they had out of the box and on display in one of their brick and mortar stores. Don't know if they still do that though.

As long as it's not in pieces and in good condition I'm ok with it being opened really. That's good about the return policy about defective items though because of so many things I've read that have been wrong with this, I'm not sure my luck is good enough to survive 2 perfectly fine vehicles lol

EDIT: "P.S. Don't forget to take "The Bat-pod" out of your "Looking For" section of your sig." Thanks! Almost forgot -_^

Ordered mine today. Broke down and bought it as one of the members of this forum posted in the Batman DX12 thread shared awesome info. Ordered it on gohastings.com with a promo code. Paid $236 shipped! Hope it gets here soon!

Thanks for the heads up! Couldn't turn it down at such a spectacular price! Ordered!:clap

I've had mine for 2 weeks now, and I still walk up to my cabinet and stare at it. The Bat-Pod really is a great piece! I had second thoughts about getting it, but I'm SO glad that I did!

Back