Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they inspect it to make sure the wheels are aligned before sending the replacement. It would make sense.

I'm betting that they do as I'm sure they would hate having to make a second exchange. I sure wish Hot Toys would have checked them to begin with though, especially considering how common this issue is. I love hot toys product, but its becoming very apparent to me that the quality is only skin deep. These things are being held together with the cheapest adhesive i think they could find. And QC? ..forget about it! I honestly thought about keeping it despite the flaw since everyone else seemed to have the same problem. Every time I looked at it though, I couldn't help but notice the tilt. Decided to go ahead and exchange before my 30 days are up and it's no longer an option.

-I can't get the engine cover to fit securely on the body (the one that also conceals the screw-on battery compartment, and where the saddle is also attached --which by the way, is not screen accurate in color this time: why's the saddle silver?!). It's so loose the right side pops out. Is this a common concern? I did some backtracking of pictures on this thread and I noticed in Agen's as well as Toys210's pictures that the protrusion on the engine cover wasn't clipped on to the part where I think it should be as per the actual movie bat-pod.

I highlighted in red the part in question on Toys210's photo as reference (my apologies to you, brother!). I hope you guys can help me shed some light on this.

Thanks! :)

Yeah they're all like that. Even the proto pics. We're talking about the little faux hinge thing right?

Yeah they're all like that. Even the proto pics. We're talking about the little faux hinge thing right?

Yeah, that's it. Thanks for clarifying, man. It's sad to hear that at this price we get QC issues that could've been improved upon this being the second release and all. :dunno

And I'm pretty certain they don't check before sending replacements. They just send you an new unopened one.

I think all the Bat Pods have some level of tilt/non exactly aligned wheels.

just got my Bat-pod !! man the box is WAY bigger than i expected but surprisingly its very light, gonna unbox it later and post some pictures here :)

The beginning of the end of my wallet.

t5SnV.jpg

How do I get the battery cover off? The lever thing is in the way?

Yea the lever thing is somewhat making the battery cover difficult to take out, but it can be done. Give a little shake to the battery cover, it should be able to lift up. IMO, once you took out the screw, don't bother screwing back. The cover by itself will not pop off.

Sideshow has it back in stock @ $274.99 + shipping.

With all the issues, QA of the product and overall look...is it honestly worth it?

If we put face to face the Hot Toys Sam Flynn with Light Cycle vs. Hot Toys the Bat-pod which one is best for the buck?

I know this question an ultimately a personal choice, but some feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I only can see only one picture from the BATPOD in the firts page the same happens with other threads... is my computer?? or something else?? :(

Do you think it's even worth asking for an exchange?

Depends... if the wheels are very crooked, I would probably try. And if there are other issues with the Pod along with it, I would definitely try. If the wheels are only slightly crooked and only noticeable if you look for it (and there are no other issues), I wouldn't risk it.

Quick, question. Is this worth getting? I have never bought a vehicle from hot toys, so hows its quality? Worth the price? I really want to get this, but I want it to be worth the hefty price.

Quick, question. Is this worth getting? I have never bought a vehicle from hot toys, so hows its quality? Worth the price? I really want to get this, but I want it to be worth the hefty price.

In my opinion, no. I bought mine from AE and had numerous QC issues including the handle bars, suspension falling off and an exhaust pipe snapping off. Don't get me wrong. It's a great looking piece and many got them in perfect condition. But I think there is a really good chance you will have QC issues. I'd recommend the tumbler if you have the funds and room. I have that and I had no issues and it is really an awesome piece.

Na, unfortunately not enough funds for tumbler. Plus, pod is the only thing available locally for me.

Back