Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick, question. Is this worth getting? I have never bought a vehicle from hot toys, so hows its quality? Worth the price? I really want to get this, but I want it to be worth the hefty price.

the batpod is definitely worth getting. i've had two now (the first one was stolen - true story!). and neither one had any QC issues. they were both perfect. the only issue i had were the handles that didn't fit very snugly but those are design flaws rather than QC-related. and this thing has got presence in spades. it looks great on its own or with a batman figure posed next to it. if you can afford it, get it.

the batpod is definitely worth getting. i've had two now (the first one was stolen - true story!). and neither one had any QC issues. they were both perfect. the only issue i had were the handles that didn't fit very snugly but those are design flaws rather than QC-related. and this thing has got presence in spades. it looks great on its own or with a batman figure posed next to it. if you can afford it, get it.

sucks about your first batpod...personally I would have bought the batpod if I didn't overspend on The Avengers...this year was good for superheroes and their movies...not good for starving collectors

very well said. and i totally agree :hi5:

Can't wait to get this. Already at my brothers house with Rescue Cap in the UK. Just have to wait til I can afford to ship it to the Middle East

My Batpod is awesome- alot of posts make it to be a QC nightmare- most of those things are barely noticible if you have it in hand..accentuating the smallest problems like this is junk...far far from it

I guess I'm one of the lucky few without any noticeable issues and what seem to be correctly aligned wheels.

My only disappointments would be how the bike came with this cheep plastic thing for the cape rather than the wire cap provided with the original release and the handlebars fall off easily but I understood that was the same as before.

Also the DX12 batman took me at least an hour to get on the bike and still isn't perfectly on it which is more the DX12s fault not the bike.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few without any noticeable issues and what seem to be correctly aligned wheels.

My only disappointments would be how the bike came with this cheep plastic thing for the cape rather than the wire cap provided with the original release and the handlebars fall off easily but I understood that was the same as before.

Also the DX12 batman took me at least an hour to get on the bike and still isn't perfectly on it which is more the DX12s fault not the bike.

my wheels are aligned as well.

they gotta give the owners of the initial batpod some edges now, come on :pfft::lol

got the batpod yesterday, love it.
but only issue is the handle bars are flimsy and not very secure. i think others have had the same issue?

hs anyone tried securing them into place in the holes with some glue or something to make them sit more securley?

got the batpod yesterday, love it.
but only issue is the handle bars are flimsy and not very secure. i think others have had the same issue?

hs anyone tried securing them into place in the holes with some glue or something to make them sit more securley?

Yea, the unsecure handlebars are a given. Poor design as opposed to an issue. I'm sure glue would work very well in securing them but it would be a pain if you ever have to box it up again.

i might just use a bit of blu tac to hold it in place, at least that stuff easily comes off if u want to pack it up

I know this isn't the ride thread but . . . I have one extra for sale that I want to sell to a boardie at cost + shipping. If anyone is interested PM me please.

yeah I am thinking of gluing my handlebars on. I don't imagine why I would ever take them off unless I'm putting the bike back into the box.

Honestly, minus the DX12 batman not wanting to flex very well, the handlebars falling off while trying to mount him on the bike was the largest pain in the ass haha.

8276305986_89201cd43e_c.jpg

8276305872_4e4f9b68c4_c.jpg

8276305654_a99559054e_c.jpg

8276305728_a5cfdf67c8_c.jpg

8275240861_c33ecb7874_c.jpg

8276306172_92151058a2_c.jpg

8275241185_6a17005f71_c.jpg

This thing is awesomeeeee

Those are some fantastic pictures. :clap modelzone have changed their ship date from 17 dec to 1 jan, which is actually a relief as I couldn't have afforded it at the minute. But really can't wait to get this. Looks stunning.

Posted by someone in One Sixth Republic.

548796_142222212593896_1088183994_n.jpg

Poster mentioned something about him getting another body.
Not sure if he meant a different body or just another Dx12 stock.

Back