Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one had to many issues: :(

RIP

picture.php

Credits: A friend of mine.

I see you got the battle damaged version. :lol

Damn. What issues did it have?

As far as I know it had at least badly crooked wheels, a lot to much visible glue at some areas and and the battery cover didn't fit.
He was told to destroy it in order to get a replacement. Think it was handled like that as it went to the EU and it would'n be reasonable to send it back for a lot of money. :dunno

Even though it's of course sad it's a good service by Sideshow I think.

I just opened my second pod up, and saw the alter ego reciept clearly state, open and inspect promptly, returns or exchanges within seven days..i got this pod two weeks ago. It litteraly felt like i was gambling because either way I was acrewed with it, but luckily, no issues.

Got both my batpods in from Sideshow today, both look awesome, though I have the same problems with the engine cowl popping off too easily, but it looks amazing and am loving them :)

RIP

picture.php

If I was told to destroy mine I'd make sure in every way possible it was repairable :lol Could not take a hammer to anything of mine

Believe me, it wasn't easy for him as well.
But of course I understand that one comes to the point to at least think about faking such an image :lol, think everybody would think about it. But in the end, it's about being honest or not :dunno. He is honest.

I know me too lol. I would take hours unscrewing everything and making sure I know how to put it back together again

From what I know it's not only screwed but additionally glued in many ereas, which was visible quite well after destroying it.
I'm also sure they would realise the difference between unscrewed and cracked pieces.

Sad waste- I would have taken a fuzzy pic of the small moebius models Tumbler model kit busted up and sent it to them..........

Don't think they're stupid at Sideshow's so they would probably notice that...

Last edited:
I finally got around to opening up my Batpod, pretty damn cool. I'm impressed.

Yeah, the battery/engine/seat compartment pops off too easily, the handle bar, specifically the right one pops off too easily and the alignment of front and back tires are slightly, slightly off, but that seems to be a problem with everyone's.

No glue marks, nothing broken, good vehicle. I had fun unboxing it and setting it up. The cape attachment thing is cheap and not as good as the original, but eh, I can live with it.

Glad I got this. Almost cancelled when I heard everyone having problems.

But you are now glad you didn't cancel...
My only concern was loosing the outer package as it got soaked on the way home from the shop!!
The vehicle itself is really cool. Pity the Bat can't sit on it properly, but my Bruce can, and Im sure the Cat will sit purfectly.

RIP

picture.php

I see this photo and I can't help but wonder why this thing is $250+ ? It is literally two wheels held together by a few fragile plastic bits. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome, but jeezus is it overpriced.

Yeah, it is overpriced. No argument there.

All these things are.

When I first got the box I was like, "woah, this thing is huge". Then when I got it out of all the boxes (I'm surprised how many layers and wrapping there was), it is essentially just that, two rubber wheels with some plastic and metal. Oh, and lights.

Still glad I got it, though, It could have been $50 or $100 less.

just submitted a return request from to SSC... mine is misaligned.... i thought i can live with that.. but NO.... after seeing the posts iin this thread..i want mine to be perfect...

Can you post a pic of the alignment by any chance? I want to see how bad it is.

Back