Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batpod get!!!

I am now a proud owner of the batpod!!! I paid over retail, but it wasn't astronomical. Nonetheless, I finally have batmans vehicles.

Sadly, no place to put them, so in the boxes they stay for now.

Btw, anything I should look out for? I inspected it, seems fine, although a bit lighter than I expected. And feels a bit fragile.

So QC wise, anything I should be aware of?

Btw, anything I should look out for? I inspected it, seems fine, although a bit lighter than I expected. And feels a bit fragile.

So QC wise, anything I should be aware of?

Crooked front wheel.

Marks of glue on tyres.

Handlebars that can't fit.

Parts that fall off.

can someone tell me the dimentions of batpod in cm???
thanks a lot!

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Bat-pod Sixth Scale Collectible from the upcoming blockbuster release The Dark Knight Rises, the much anticipated sequel to Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008), featuring the likeness and details of the Bat-pod from The Dark Knight Rises
Three (3) AAA Batteries Required (Not Included)
The The Bat-pod Sixth Scale Figure Related Product features:
Authentically Detailed 1:6 Scale Collectible
Accurate Scale to Hot Toys' Batman Sixth Scale Collectible figure
Features Light-Up Headlights
Machine Gun, Grappling Hook, and Wheel with Hub-Mounted Engines
License:
DC Comics
Product Type:
Sixth Scale Figure Related Product
Product Size:
6.5" H (165.1mm) x 7.00" W (177.8mm) x 25.00" L (635mm)*

Box Size:
9.00" H (228.6mm) x 10.00" W (254mm) x 26.00" L (660.4mm)*
Est. Shipping Weight:
8.00 lbs (3.63 kg)*
Dimensional Weight (DIM):
8 lbs *
Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
18 lbs *

Source: Sideshow Collectibles

Looking at all these pictures has me impatient. I probably won't get mine til January. I ordered off popcultcha.com.au as I had a 10% off coupon and they have free domestic shipping. Sadly, they seem to get their stock well after everyone else.

Delivered yesterday! May open them later while I watch DKR. :yess: hopefully it doesn't have any QC issues. Was thinking about waiting until Xmas but just too much anticipation waiting for these all year.

I put my Bat-Pod together today. I think the first release was better. The handlebar things on that one seemed a lot sturdier.

Hi guys! I finally got some time to check mine. I'm fortunate enough to get properly-aligned wheels and working lights, but I wasn't spared from a few QC issues too. Here are the things that I was able to observe (basically the things I wasn't really happy about):

- The right armguard that covers the handle bar and throttle doesn't fit well, unlike the other side (left)

- The faux piston attached to the diagonal part of the fork holding the back wheels was not glued properly. The glue was strong, but the piston was not aligned to the fork. I carefully removed the piston and had it re-glued on its proper position. Funny thing is that there's an indentation where the piston's peg should go but they missed it.

Now my biggest concern:

-I can't get the engine cover to fit securely on the body (the one that also conceals the screw-on battery compartment, and where the saddle is also attached --which by the way, is not screen accurate in color this time: why's the saddle silver?!). It's so loose the right side pops out. Is this a common concern? I did some backtracking of pictures on this thread and I noticed in Agen's as well as Toys210's pictures that the protrusion on the engine cover wasn't clipped on to the part where I think it should be as per the actual movie bat-pod.

I highlighted in red the part in question on Toys210's photo as reference (my apologies to you, brother!). I hope you guys can help me shed some light on this.

Thanks! :)

I put my Bat-Pod together today. I think the first release was better. The handlebar things on that one seemed a lot sturdier.

I just picked mine up and I have to agree. Overall, the first release seemed heavier and more "solid" than this one. I could be completely wrong, since it's been a while since I sold the first one off.... Wish i didnt need the money back then and just kept it...

They should exchange it. I just sent mine back on Saturday due to the same issue. Hopefully my new one won't have the same issue...or worse lol.

Back