Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With two wheels being rounded the way they are its going to fall on its heaviest side. That slight twist is intentional to keep it from falling to the side. Hot Toys can take it to the limit and have them all placed a high tech scale that show weight distribution and have the workers add weight to make it even. This would take too much time and money. Then we place our selina kyle or bruce on it and its going to fall sideways again. Waste of time!

One thing Hot Toys could have done is maybe make the treads of both wheels FLAT and leave the curve of the sidewall on. Then they wouldn't have to twist the bat-pod slightly and it wouldn't fall on its heaviest side so easily even with the Bruce/Selina on it. Problem with this is some people will complain that the treads don't look round enough like in the movie when viewing the treads that aren't in contact with the road.

I finished my grinding on the Bat-Pod to make the seat cover fit easily. Going to upload it as soon as I can find the darn transfer cable and get home.

Got my replacement today. definetly better. Both guns and wheels are aligned. But still have very minor banged to the left. hardly noticed on this one. I went to Discount Tire and ask for a few weight stickers, the ones they use to balance the wheels. i sticked a couple under the right guns, next to the wheel lock, one inside the gas tank and one underneath the right knee holder(painted black). and problem fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered this today and Sideshow upgraded it to two day shipping at no extra charge so I'll get this before Christmas :)

Got my replacement today. definetly better. Both guns and wheels are aligned. But still have very minor banged to the left. hardly noticed on this one. I went to Discount Tire and ask for a few weight stickers, the ones they use to balance the wheels. i sticked a couple under the right guns, next to the wheel lock, one inside the gas tank and one underneath the right knee holder(painted black). and problem fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats a weight stickers? can i see it?

oh great so im missing that as well,wat all extra parts are there in the box apart from the cape holder, can someone put up pic if they have

- Cape attachement

- Cape back strap

- Directions (in a plastic sheet)

(these are all found on top of the Styrofoam underneath the tray)

In the actual Styrofoam box,

- Batpod

- two red pins, one on the front wheel and one on the back wheel

- rectangular plastic container that holds two bar rods to be put on the arm shields, handle bars

Found a vid to help you out,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hpzzl-a7zA&list=UUzOyrWXJL0KBq1GPYITqyDg&index=5[/ame]

The cape attachment is that big, black, plastic thing that you first see when you lift up the white card board triangle.

The cape back strap is the small piece of elastic with hooks that's in the plastic pouch. This goes on Batman's back (then you place the cape attachment under it0.

Here,

https://youtu.be/RtIhiIQ8Uxk?t=6m1s

whats a weight stickers? can i see it?

Weight sticker is a tiny weight piece that sticks on the wheel, usually on a aftermarket wheel, behind the spokes, everytime you mount a new tire on it. It is to balance the wheel. It is a small regtangular piece. I think it is 1/4 oz each. I put total of 1oz on the right size of the Bad Pod to make it sits balance.

Received my replacement yesterday and it's perfect!! I was really on the fence about exchanging it, but I am glad I did!

I found out how to fix the issue where the body (engine cover/seat) doesn't snap on properly and the faux piston doesn't align.

Remove it, when putting it on, instead of putting it on from the top downwards, align the faux piston first then put the cover down as if the faux piston were held into place. :D

My batpod wheel looks pretty aligned. But the seat is little off. But one thing that bothers me is that its tilted towards the right side and I could never get it to display it without leaning. Anybody have similar issues?

The real thing isn't aligned either. Even the guns are lopsided. I think we're being a little **** here. I doubt any of them are perfectly dead on straight. The vehicle itself isn't even symmetrical.

:monkey3

36043c4e-640b-4a68-87d3-0f50f8d53604.jpg

I found out how to fix the issue where the body (engine cover/seat) doesn't snap on properly and the faux piston doesn't align.

Remove it, when putting it on, instead of putting it on from the top downwards, align the faux piston first then put the cover down as if the faux piston were held into place. :D

Yeah you gotta play around with it a little I found. If you press it down straight and completely connect the tabs, it won't align... gotta keep it slightly lifted in the back. Once you do this however, the seat looks slightly slanted when viewed from behind.

Back