Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice :rock I just got my provisional, hoping to get motorbike license within a year

Sweet.
I went from never having been on a bike in my life to passing my test in two weeks. Direct access is the way to go. But if you are young you'll have to do it the long way round...
Here's my most recent one:

04082010388.jpg

Sweet.
I went from never having been on a bike in my life to passing my test in two weeks. Direct access is the way to go. But if you are young you'll have to do it the long way round...
Here's my most recent one:

04082010388.jpg

:drool:drool it's beautiful! How much did it cost?

Wow for a bike that's quite expensive, but then again it does look top notch, very impressive

I'll probably get something under 2-3 grand, at least as my first one

:drool:drool it's beautiful! How much did it cost?

Wow for a bike that's quite expensive, but then again it does look top notch, very impressive

I'll probably get something under 2-3 grand, at least as my first one

That's sensible.
If you are under 21, the regulations restrict you to 125cc and 11KW engine output.
But you can still have a lot of fun on a 125. The Yamaha R125 is a fast bike. Even an Aprilia RS125 will do 70mph and give you superbike looks.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/...ia/RS125/2009/_/R-NXGN-2219674?mfy=196.493584

Just ordered the Tumbler yesterday. I'm interested in this as well but I'm going to take a wait and see approach before pulling the trigger. I hate preordering and want to see if I'll be able to accommodate this, size wise, as well. Though, I'm a motorcycle guy too. Yea, I'll buy this lol.

Freaks!!! It is ok to get both this and the Tumbler!! You can love both at the same time ;) We are legally allowed to do so :panic:

:borg

Freaks!!! It is ok to get both this and the Tumbler!! You can love both at the same time ;) We are legally allowed to do so :panic:

I like them both. The Tumbler was impresive on Batman Begins and the Batpod was awesome on The Dark Knight Rises... overall I like the Tumbler most anyway :monkey3

1/6 doesn't do anything for me that 1/18 doesn't re: the tumbler. It's an imposing thing and unless I had the space to display it without detracting from my other collectibles it'd just dominate the place.

1/6 doesn't do anything for me that 1/18 doesn't re: the tumbler. It's an imposing thing and unless I had the space to display it without detracting from my other collectibles it'd just dominate the place.

Do you mean the 1/18 HotWheels Tumbler? I own the one from Batman Begins, the one with the black exhaust pipe. And that one is nowhere near as accurate as the 1/6 Hot Toys Tumbler. The front wheels on the 1/18 Tumbler are too big compared to the rear wheels. And the interior is just a piece of black plastic. Besides you can tell by only watching the car is made from two different materials metal and the roof of the car is made from plastic !!..

And the 1/6 Tumbler can fit a 1/6 Batman :monkey3 .. which is the best part.. I always wanted an accurate Batmobile where my batman figure could fit. I remember my Kenner Batman & Robin Batmobile, and my batman figure wasn't able to fit inside the car with the cape and it's arms didn't fit well too. :monkey2

Do you mean the 1/18 HotWheels Tumbler? I own the one from Batman Begins, the one with the black exhaust pipe. And that one is nowhere near as accurate as the 1/6 Hot Toys Tumbler. The front wheels on the 1/18 Tumbler are too big compared to the rear wheels. And the interior is just a piece of black plastic. Besides you can tell by only watching the car is made from two different materials metal and the roof of the car is made from plastic !!..

And the 1/6 Tumbler can fit a 1/6 Batman :monkey3 .. which is the best part.. I always wanted an accurate Batmobile where my batman figure could fit. I remember my Kenner Batman & Robin Batmobile, and my batman figure wasn't able to fit inside the car with the cape and it's arms didn't fit well too. :monkey2

I agree with you, fans looking for the definitive Tumbler can't go past the 1/6 version. But when you consider everything the casual fan has to sacrifice to display that beast - the cash, the space and the fact that it is so imposing and dominating - the 1/18 is an adequate alternative. Some folks love the imposing and dominating aspect, but personally I wouldn't want it in the same space as my other stuff.

As for putting Batman inside, it would add another dimension to the vehicle, but I prefer the figure displayed in its own right. I guess the point I'm making is that the batpod for me is fine as a 1/6 vehicle because it doesn't take up the space, costs about the same as a 1/6 figure and doesn't dominate the collection.

It's a personal choice - when the '66 batmobile comes out, I won't mind a bit that it dominates the room, and I'll probably be seating Batman and Robin inside of it :)

My 1/18 will go to my office while the overbearing 1/6 will be forever an eyesoar right in my living room underneath the TV in very near future again so it can dominate as much as it wants :yeah
Right now it's off to the side and just don't feel right lol

can't wait to put catwoman on the batpod and display batman with the tumbler. btw... i'm not wearing hockey pants!!!!

A batpod showed up for pre-order at BBTS earlier, but it was for $274, same as SS. Did they raise the price?

BBTS must have realized the huge demand for the TDKR and Avengers line and raised PO prices on some of them..they did the same for Loki and Cap

Back