Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks but i took Lejuan's advice and went ahead and preordered from sideshow using flexpay so im happy now that i've secured one. :) the reason i wanted to preorder from ae, bbts, or csc is because i had the funds and would have liked to pay in full for it and not worry later on.

Oops didn't know where that raspberry face came from lol, must have smacked it on my phone. But okay np, glad you secured one! I would order from SS too if I didn't live in CA :monkey2!!

Oops didn't know where that raspberry face came from lol, must have smacked it on my phone. But okay np, glad you secured one! I would order from SS too if I didn't live in CA :monkey2!!

why cant you buy it because your in CA?

Does anyone know the length of the 1/6 Batpod from rear wheel to front wheel (discounting the guns)?

They get stung with taxes I think.

Yea :/. If I didn't live in CA I'd probably purchase from SS regularly, but instead only use them when they have exclusives. SS does have a better rewards program than most places, gets their figures earlier, and has good customer service though.

But unfortunately, having to pay a bit more than competitors at the beginning and paying CA taxes kinda ruins the rewards point system for me. :monkey2

Yea :/. If I didn't live in CA I'd probably purchase from SS regularly, but instead only use them when they have exclusives. SS does have a better rewards program than most places, gets their figures earlier, and has good customer service though.

But unfortunately, having to pay a bit more than competitors at the beginning and paying CA taxes kinda ruins the rewards point system for me. :monkey2

:goodpost:

It never made sense to me why their reward point system was 5% back when most other retailers can sell for 10% less than SS's price. If it at least matched the 10%, I'd use SS a lot more often.

:goodpost:

It never made sense to me why their reward point system was 5% back when most other retailers can sell for 10% less than SS's price. If it at least matched the 10%, I'd use SS a lot more often.

That is why I only order from Sideshow if it is free shipping or it's a must-have exclusive, which it rarely is. They've got me hooked on the alternate portrait kick though :|

This is why Sideshow offers free shipping on non-exclusive items, but not the exclusives.

I'm not even sure how may rewards points I have saved anymore? :thud:

I was so paranoid with getting this, i currently have two on preorder....

I had no clue about hot toys and I found about this along with the new DX figures, so I quickly went to preorder the Batman, Joker and Batpod from AlterEgo because, as much as I like SS, I live in CA, and our taxes are brutal. So, back to my story, i po'd the batpod in august, then it disappeared off AE's website the next day. I wasn't aware this was available for preorder since JUne. .. Of course i panicked and me being super paranoid thinking I wouldn't get it, then went to SS and PO'd it with them and used flex play....So now.....I have two batpods on PO and two DK Batmans on PO and the Catwoman.....paranoia got the best of me...Now i just hope to get the damn thing...

Uh... Did you actually want two of those? Cause won't you get hit by the nonrefundable deposit if you cancel after getting one of each?

Actually, i passed it by my better half and she really doesn't care....So that means If i get two, I get two..If I get one, I get one..If i get zero, I'll be a very sad man.....

To be honest, since i po'd one at AE, a NRD wasn't required, it was required at SS. We shall see in November how this goes, because I may have lucked out with getting the last PO at AE and i live in CA so i got it without taxes...The difference from AE and SS is about $50

I was an idiot and cancelled this po with BBTS for $255, and I have since reordered paying that NRD in the process and a much higher price at $275. At this point just glad to be getting one of these babies it will be my first and last Hot Toys vehicle because it's about the only one I can afford or have room for!

I really think the Bat-Pod is better than the Tumbler...and the fact two characters can use it, it was a done deal....

I really think the Bat-Pod is better than the Tumbler...and the fact two characters can use it, it was a done deal....

Same for me, I liked the Tumbler in BB but ever since I saw the pod in TDK I've been in love with it ever since :drool guess it makes sense since I'm a sucker for motorbikes :lol

Back