Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that guy actually has the actual figure in hand, more like he has access to promo pics or what not.
Actually Tom is the photographer who shoots most of the toys in Hong Kong, I strongly believe that he is shooting some promo pics for HT...

ap_20080923035856445_jpg.jpg

This is the best picture so far, goo viewing angle, lighting aids the piece instead of hurting it.

I'm very eager to see how this figure's put together, is the top made of pieces like the prob, is it a body suit, the legs seem to be a single piece like the Begins figures, but I can't figure out the upper body on this one.

It would seem that the head articulation is very good...

What's giving you that impression?

Not saying it looks bad but I haven't seen a shot that looks different from other HT figures with the same neck joints.

I can't figure out what's tweaked on the Bale head, but I know it's not fixing the mouth and nose.

hmmmm i'm really not sure on those new pics, the cape looks too short and what is with the massive pointy out upper torso, it almost looks like he has boobs under there? Looks really overly buff, almost fat. i hope they were just articulating the body out and it wasnt the actual armour per-se. Eh, ive already pre ordered it and paid, just have to wait till it gets here before i judge. Nothing to worry about i suspect, HT always come through.

hmmmm i'm really not sure on those new pics, the cape looks too short and what is with the massive pointy out upper torso, it almost looks like he has boobs under there? Looks really overly buff, almost fat. i hope they were just articulating the body out and it wasnt the actual armour per-se. Eh, ive already pre ordered it and paid, just have to wait till it gets here before i judge. Nothing to worry about i suspect, HT always come through.

I wanna say it's the figure's pose, it doesn't seem as strong in the picture I posted a couple posts up, but in the white shot with both versions of the figure side by side, they both seem like militantly posed with chests pressed out, the distance between the neck and the front of the chest seems goofy, but it doesn't look bad in the overhead shot in the "scene" with the pod, so I think it was just how they posed him in the white promos.

Yep i'm thinking the same, i dont think Hot Toys would've changed anything for the worse, i have confidence we'll get a top figure

I hope the eye sockets are deep so photos will have that almost no-eyes showing look like the interrogation scene, between squinting and lighting, his face just looked almost inhuman when he's sitting at the table listening to Joker.

I know this is a small pic but if I'm being honest, I'm not digging it too much. I still don't think the cowl looks right, and the body proportions look odd, and the Bale sculpt is just as poor as the first....

1tsmrr.jpg

I know this is a small pic but if I'm being honest, I'm not digging it too much. I still don't think the cowl looks right, and the body proportions look odd, and the Bale sculpt is just as poor as the first....

1tsmrr.jpg

Looks like the old version of the right and the newer version of the left. The left one definately looks a lot better. You can see they adjusted the shoulders on the body so they are not as broad. And the cowl definately looks A LOT better.

Uh we need some big high res pics already, like those but bigger ^ looks alright there, but again, what is with the pose on the right, its like he is thrusting at something this time. ''Duff man is thrusting in the direction of the problem'' :p
EDIT - oh so wait, thats the old version on the right? still, funny pose :D

Can't really see what cowl changes there are yet really, plus don't like the shorter cape. Will not hang as good most likely.

My biggest issue is that as the chest is so 'buff' the head looks too far set back and this upsets the entire structure.

Last edited:
The cape looks significantly shorter on the left (which appears to say "after" in the caption underneath). Yeah, hi-res pics of that comparo would be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back