Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the cape is short in the film, I don't have a problem with that. The cape is long in a lot of promo shots, but if you look at the film cape it's pretty accurate. My beef is the cowl sculpt and the akward upper body proportions.

MAN!!!, this thing looks perfect. I don't know how some of you guys can still have issues with this figure. HT improves on everything that we griped about. I am glad I went with HT on this and really can't wait to get my hands on this figure as early as next week!!!

Yeah, the cape is short in the film, I don't have a problem with that. The cape is long in a lot of promo shots, but if you look at the film cape it's pretty accurate. My beef is the cowl sculpt and the akward upper body proportions.

I had a problem with the original sculpt. But not now. We need better photos to judge properly (or have it in hands). The cape is like in the movie, but some promo shots (eith grey background) used the Begins longer cape. I guess the changes made it really good. I guess the chest might still be a litle odd, but the main standing picture seem's perfect. We need better pictures. but for what I'm seeing, I'm really happy!

Agen, I updated your pic

Comparison MEDI VS. REAL VS. HT

batscompare.jpg

Overall, I think Medi's looks the best...

Well I for one am very pleased with HT's new version. Granted it does appear to be a tad buffer than in the film but since I grew up on the animated series, I don't really mind a slightly buffer Bats. Just my opinion of course.

Looks like they he has the standard True Type body, but with slimmer shoulders. Nice.

If only they'd permanent switch all of their figures to that design, let's hope.

As for this Batman, the newer images look fantastic to me, this figure can't come soon enough.

The legs are noticeably changed as far as fit, nice and snug more like the Begins figure instead of baggy looking sweat look.

This figure looks perfect with all the changes, man there can't more complainers than the TDK Batman fans. :D

I admit though, the Medi version does look pretty nice, now lets just see what the final piece looks like. Wouldn't buy it anyway but still curious to see if the quality (Medicom) changes in the end.

Here's a comparison of Medi, screenused and HT's new version.
batscompare.jpg

Sorry it's not the best picture out there but I hope this will suffice at the moment.

Yeah that cowl is horrid. It's certainly an improvement from the old though. I'm actually hoping for a double dip of this one. They need to have another go at it.

agreed voorhees. also, are the medicom figures the same size as the hot toys ones? i was under the impression that they were a bit shorter.

agreed voorhees. also, are the medicom figures the same size as the hot toys ones? i was under the impression that they were a bit shorter.

You can't tell for sure with Medi. Old Snake is the same size as HT Leon for instance, but Raiden is much taller.

I dunno, their recent clone troopers were perfect in scale next to a Hot Toys piece so I would assume this one will be too.

Looking at all 3 pics side by side i'll say this neither of them look like the real thing, the HT's upper body looks better than the Medi one but the legs on the Medi one look better than the legs on the HT one.

Plus did anyone else notice that both companies versions left out Bale bulged package? :naughty

Could just be bad lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back