Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly doubt this figure has as much articulation as the medicom one will have maulfan. but hey I'm just speculating.

Well my assumption is that Medicom's will be some sort of bodysuit, I've never had a Batman from them so I don't know what sort of mobility their suits allow, and like Hot Toys, they've likely changed their ways since 2005 to offer a better figure. Not saying Medicom will suck or anything, I just imagine because of the Pod, extra articulation will go into this figure that even HT wouldn't have done if they didn't make the Pod.

Well my assumption is that Medicom's will be some sort of bodysuit, I've never had a Batman from them so I don't know what sort of mobility their suits allow, and like Hot Toys, they've likely changed their ways since 2005 to offer a better figure. Not saying Medicom will suck or anything, I just imagine because of the Pod, extra articulation will go into this figure that even HT wouldn't have done if they didn't make the Pod.

if it follows the old suits pattern, it will be on a pleather/vinyl wet suit that looks the part and on sperate rubber/plastic pieces.

If I remember correctly, it was called "Keysi" or something like that. Need to watch Disc-2 of the Batman Begins DVD again :p

There were alot of usage of the arms for that fighting style. Elbows, forearms etc.

But talking about the belt etc. I don't remember him using his Batarangs at all in "The Dark Knight". Did he? I know he did place them into the slots of his armory/storage cage in his hideout/basement before he decided to reveal himself the press.

If Hot Toys are going to include the Batarangs, is the clip going to be at the back of the belt, hidden?

I'm still waiting for my figure Hot Toys!

I know on the new pics if the figure the batarang holder is missing

I know on the new pics if the figure the batarang holder is missing

It shouldn't be there on the Batman Begins suit version either. So why did they put it there? should it not also be around the back?

batman-begins03.jpg

I wish more work went into these belts so they looked better on these figures. That kind of matte gold metal bronze look but not all that shiny, and not toy like.

Not only that look at the center piece compared to the figure belt. Lot's of inaccuracies. Hot Toy's seems to have made it stick out. Where the real thing is like in a recess area and somewhat flush...

bale-costume-1.jpg

I wish the belt looked that good.
utilitybeltra8.jpg
utilitybelt2ne8.jpg

Last edited:
The batarangs clip is never visibly on the belt in either film, it's only seen in the gearing up scene before he goes out to save the city from rhas, where he's picking up things, you see him pick up the clip with batarangs in it, and then a batarang he folds up. But you never see it on the belt.

I ended up using parts from my v1 begins with the belt on my v2 to make the belt more movie accurate, but ended up keeping the batarangs, just snuck into the back area and out of the way.
htbeltfix2.jpg

damn! toys2 wont be getting tdk bats this month as i was told....seems that "sometime" in October........for now. i really hate waiting, even more for figs this awesome!

i wonder when BBTS will have theirs in, I have all my pre-orders with them. New suit, bank Joker, and MK 3 Iron Man, really hyped playin the waiting game

2721336317_035bc802df_b.jpg

It's interesting, it never occurred to me, but a big factor in why Batman looks slimmer and the shoulders "fixed" in this image is the arm pose. I can tell looking at this shot that it's the TrueType shoulders being posed towards his back that's slimming things down, does it on regular figures too. His shoulders/upper body may still look broad like the prototype images when the arms are posed normal. Sure you can pose them like this too, but I'm not sure any change has actually been done in that area, perhaps just the cape, cowl and belt.

Yes, the way it posed as shown in the pic certainly play tricks on me too.
Unlike the Medicom body, the HT got a wider shoulder.
Plus the armor, it makes the upper body more wider when the arms are posed normal.
There's one thing that keeps bothering me though,
this new costume Batman, especially the cowl, doesn't it looks like original costume cowl?
Any of you notice that?

It shouldn't be there on the Batman Begins suit version either. So why did they put it there? should it not also be around the back?

batman-begins03.jpg

I wish more work went into these belts so they looked better on these figures. That kind of matte gold metal bronze look but not all that shiny, and not toy like.

Well, I guess the Batarangs are Batman's trademark in terms of his arsenal so it makes sense to include it.

Anyway, I've mentioned it somewhere (not sure if its this board) but it would appear that the belt (in movie) is customizable.

If you watch TDK carefully in the scene after he's been mauled by the tiger, I mean dog, big dog, Batman climbs onto the ledge and times his jump to land on the van Scarecrow is driving in. In that scene, the grappling gun is just dangling on the side of the belt/hip area and not attached to his belt. Kinda like how a lightsaber dangles off the Jedi's belts in Star Wars.

Anyway, not that concerned if the clip for the Batarangs are/aren't on the belt. Just occurred to me that he didn't use it in TDK.

The belt's magnetic, so he could stick anything to it anywhere he felt like in theory.

The belt's magnetic, so he could stick anything to it anywhere he felt like in theory.

Imagine if the belt really was metal on these figures and magnetic, the realism it would add would be really nice, but I do believe it would probably hike up the price.

Imagine if the belt really was metal on these figures and magnetic, the realism it would add would be really nice, but I do believe it would probably hike up the price.

Depends, if they just put magnets at various locations instead of making the whole belt magnetic, I don't think it would add that much to the cost. The only trouble is, what would you do if they ever become demagnetized or anything.

I think you'd make the items magnetic and the belt with metal in it. Magnets don't really become demagnetized.

the way the 1/6 industry is improving i wouldnt be surprised in 5 years if the ones HT makes are completely accurate and articulate

ill be going with the medicom version of the dark knight suit batman. I cant stand how the hot toys one looks like hes wearing sweatpants.

yeah medicom looks more accurate but i am boycotting medicom after experiencing loose joint syndrome and HT has never let me down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back