Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20080625_a616c2c28212c48f4e90usHWLqPb1ytY.jpg

feels like HT has gone overboard with the skin texture on this, and the neck is starting to look outta place. I guess the next area HT can work on is paint and sculpt the neck too. hopefully that's just the proto and not the final.

I just wanted to confirm this is a HONG KONG ONLY figure (same as the Tumbler and Pod) or is Sideshow going to carry this? Want to make sure i get my orders in....

feels like HT has gone overboard with the skin texture on this, and the neck is starting to look outta place. I guess the next area HT can work on is paint and sculpt the neck too. hopefully that's just the proto and not the final.

All of the HT Protos have HEAVY skin texture, the production piece is much more natural and looks great, the neck doesn't matter on the production figures. I think they have to go over the top on the proto for when the molds are made or something. I have several textured figures now that all look more textured in the protos but the figures look fantastic.

I just wanted to confirm this is a HONG KONG ONLY figure (same as the Tumbler and Pod) or is Sideshow going to carry this? Want to make sure i get my orders in....

I think it'd be safe to say all things Hot Toys TDK will not be through Sideshow because of DC and all that. Wherever you got the first pieces from, if any, that's the place to get all your HT TDK stuff from.

I cannot believe how my views on the new figure have completely swung 180 degrees. First I thought it was too busy, and preferred the old one because it was darker, simpler, more classic. Now, I suddenly love the new suit, and the old one doesn't look so cool to me anymore. It just seems subtler and better defined.

WTF??? I never normally change my mind like this. It's not like its even 'grown' on me or anything - I went from hating it to loving it. Crazy.

The cool thing is, if they do a Wayne figure, we ought to get a 3rd headsculpt. The 2 Batman portraits have hair like he took the cowl off, it'd be nice to get one with natural hair flow too.

I cannot believe how my views on the new figure have completely swung 180 degrees. First I thought it was too busy, and preferred the old one because it was darker, simpler, more classic. Now, I suddenly love the new suit, and the old one doesn't look so cool to me anymore. It just seems subtler and better defined.

WTF??? I never normally change my mind like this. It's not like its even 'grown' on me or anything - I went from hating it to loving it. Crazy.

flipflopper :lol:lol:lol

The cool thing is, if they do a Wayne figure, we ought to get a 3rd headsculpt. The 2 Batman portraits have hair like he took the cowl off, it'd be nice to get one with natural hair flow too.

that would be nice and all, but at this point i would prefer a gordon or alfred or just someone else. :D

I'd be down for a Gordon. And they will make Two-Face for sure.

I imagine he's already done even, but his reveal is probably the greatest secret of all with this movie, so no peaks until after the U.S. premier, possibly even some global premiers.

I imagine he's already done even, but his reveal is probably the greatest secret of all with this movie, so no peaks until after the U.S. premier, possibly even some global premiers.

Yep! July 18th can't come soon enough :chew
Hopefully they'll release him next year though...

Yep! July 18th can't come soon enough :chew
Hopefully they'll release him next year though...

I think that's safe, I'm hearing November slated for TDK suit, Batpod and Tumbler, I'd imagine Two-Face and others will be Q1 2009. Could be wrong though, if it's like Wayne, Gordon and Two-Face, the costumes might be easily enough done they can come sooner than the pod and stuff. Time will tell, but very exciting times to be Bat freaks though.

I'm still kinda on the fence with thise one.. the new suit was made more slimmer for bale and more agile.. this still looks bulky... medicom is starting to look real good to me...

so many people were knocking the new suit when pics originally surfaced, and now it seems that more people like the new suit (Hot Toys version) than the original.

Interesting.

Original suit only for me. That head rocks though. I imagine it will be the same one for both figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back