Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some actual pics of the TDK costume I got late last night.

batman1yn6.jpg

batman2nt5.jpg

batman3ow6.jpg

batman4dv4.jpg

batman5xb8.jpg

I waited too long with the TDK figure,had my doubts and now that its out at toys2 its easy to regret not ordering it:lol

Toys2 could very well get in more shipments later on of both figs like they did with supes.

goodshipped on ebay has several up for order. has anyone dealt with them before??? they have good feedback so i might just jump. $180 shipped is about what i'd pay from toys2

Thanks for those pics spoongirl, from a tailoring and engineering point of view it seems to show the new suit is far more mobile, if you've ever worn a full latex body glove you'll know what I mean... if you haven't ... well, you aint lived! (sorry I'm in the jurasic period here... sorry I mean the UK, so we have to wait A WHOLE NOTHER WEEK TO SEE THE FREAKIN MOVIE! so you may have a whole different perspective on the suits performance in the movie IF YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN IT!, I'm guessing/hopeing this might transfer to the figures mobility. But to be fair the mixed media ain't gonna work too well in 1/6 scale, but I can hope!

PS

Love your Mooltyparse avatar!

Last edited:
lets make some people nuts by putting these pictures online :)

dk05vj0.jpg

dk06qe3.jpg

Cool shot. Too bad the HT version doesn't have the chainmail knees like that.

I'm liking the chainmail more and more -- the dark "knight".

I don't really think this is that much of a spolier, but just in case:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you read the posts before, the boss of HT already said he will make changes to the shoulder blades. For the lower body, if you see the real product, I do not think there's a problem at all. BUT, even so, the boss said that he will make changes before the product is released, so dont need to worry too much. In any case, i've ordered it already .... hahahah

I qouted some guy from toyworld forum and I am indeed please I'm going to look for a preorder now!

Hi everyone here!! Like G'c, I also can only do the English. Want to tell U guys something from Hottoys!! A couple of days ago, I bumped into Hottoys' Boss (Howard) as he was busy with his Batmobile n batpod display. He promised that the cowl (esp. mouth part) and the shoulder will definitely be modified as close as to the movie version. He admitted that the cowl was totaly wrong when it was sculpted by the Korean artist for the licensee approval. He was also awared of the noise from different chatrooms and foreign threads that the ppl were so much concern of those inaccuracy. After from his confirmation and certainty, I was end up paying him the deposit for ordering all three TDK's
Don't worry guys. Looks like we are gonna be all happy with the final version !!!!

https://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5345&extra=&page=10

I found the actual qoute!! YES I'M SO HAPPY NOW!!

Cool. So I take it the shoulder pads will be smaller?

This was in your link, also.

Damn! I forgot to ask him on that cape. Hopefully we don't have to use our own wiring system to float the cape in the air (je...gotta be awful...how can i get a wire hanging down from a 8ft ceiling high????). But he did mention abt the pants. They intended to get the figure that is able to spread the legs wide enough ( OOoo..it hurts...) to fit on the pod but ending up of losing the thickness of the pattern on the thigh....We thought so too, right?....He said he will try to do something on it. He is really nice and sincere. The figure is gonna be awesome. HOTTOYS rocks!! Right Dude....
Plus,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I honestly think there won't be any changes in the final production version DK. Despite what HT boss said it's already July now and the figure is supposed to be out by August. In mass manufacturing, you can't just make sudden changes (the cowl, shoulder pads, and pants will all need new molds which will take time) and then still expect to make the release date.

The pattern I noticed with HT is that their proto pic tend to be extremely similiar to the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back