Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR CRAP SAKES! I am stuck with the stupid Joker now.... the first one. I don't need him.. I already have a DarkArtist Joker coming to me, with a superior face sculpt. That, and it's made by a fellow Freak I really like and respect.

My LCS guy said that you have 1 month to decide whether or not to keep an order. I procrastinated with the idea that DC Direct wouldn't take on the Bank Robber Joker, and I wanted to save on shipping because his prices are pretty much at the US listed price. Well, low and behold, it is in the new Previews magazine this month.. argh! Now I am stuck with the version 1 Joker.

I hope I can get rid of him at cost (180 US) when he arrives in December.

btw That Batman is killer! So happy to have him coming!

So how did that guy Widen the head? I see the pic, but i dont understand what he did?
If it's simple (as it seems) It will be the only mod i attempt.

It looks like he just stuffed some sort of padding material in the cavities between the inner sides of the cowl and the area with the ball joint. I'm not too sure because I don't have the figure in-hand yet, but it seems relatively easy to do considering the plastic used for HT head sculpts are fairly soft.

Eli26, i have a solution for ya, wait till the v2 comes out and buy the head sculpts from ebay unless its not only the head sculp that you want

The bickering on these boards is amazing! It's funny how just 5 years ago, movie collectors would've sold a kidney to own one of these because the workmanship and detail was rarely seen other than Sideshow. Now no matter how perfect a 1:6 scale representation someone isn't gonna be happy. If you don't think it's a decent figure because of an extra seam stitch on the glove on the left pinky finger then don't buy it. That's it.....it's that simple. If you don't like it don't get it....but please don't try to justify the reason YOU hate the figure to everyone else when 99% of the rest of the people can't wait to get it in their hands. It's like what I tell my students in karate, if the rest of the room is doing the same thing and you're not, chances are you're not correct.

Hot Toys DOES read here at SSF, I just hope they don't read this thread. It all started with the stupid cowl (which I KNEW they would fix) then the colour was too grey on his armor (which I KNEW they would fix) then it was "Medicoms looks WAY better" (Which I knew WOULDN'T be the case) now its "TOO BULKY" ??????????????

WTF!!!! :google

Ya know having an opinion is your God given right but am I blind? Do I not see straight? Is this not the most amazing piece Hot Toys has produced to date?

I REALLY can't wait to get this piece so I can forget this thread ever existed.

I find this thread embarrissing to Hot Toys.

Hot Toys DOES read here at SSF, I just hope they don't read this thread. It all started with the stupid cowl (which I KNEW they would fix) then the colour was too grey on his armor (which I KNEW they would fix) then it was "Medicoms looks WAY better" (Which I knew WOULDN'T be the case) now its "TOO BULKY" ??????????????

Ya know having an opinion is your God given right but am I blind? Do I not see straight? Is this not the most amazing piece Hot Toys has produced to date?

i agree, we should delete this thread and use the photo thread for now on... and yes this is a gorgeous piece of work and i cant wait much longer!!

i also agree with voorhees, we better pray hot toys doesnt stop making figures for us nitpickers! its a collectible man.......and a very badass one i might add!!!jeeezzz.......i hope they get michael jacksons skin color right!!!

I moan now and then about the occasional thing but I have to agree this thread is both embarrassing and hilarious to read. When I have read some of the comments posted I just know for a fact the guy sat behind the keyboard somehow relates to this guy.

143331__virgin_l.jpg

I think its safe to say this figure is looking amazing.
If you don't like something and it bothers you enough to moan all the time surely you wont buy it ?.
Unless you want to buy it to moan even more about it when you receive it .
:lol:lol
Seriously !. Theres only one thing to say right now.

couldn't have said it better myself. :rock:lol

No one is nitpicking. They are understandable and justifiable issues. The character in that suit shouldn't look that big, and goofy. This would be the same complaint all of you would have with say ... a DC Direct TDK Batman. Why is it forgivable here?

Nitpicking would be pointing out how they got the size and shape of the chest symbol all wrong.

This is the pure and simple definition of "Anal Retention." You're exactly what I was referring to with my Annie Wilkes post. If the figure doesn't suit you and is THAT bad, don't friggin' buy it man. Save your $175 for a case of Costco sized boxes of Tampax. You obviously need them. If I were HotToys, I'd give a big FU to every crybaby here and charge an extra $19.99 @$$hole tolerance fee for the U.S. market based on what I've seen. You guys should really be ashamed of yourselves. It's not like it's a @#$%ing $300 EnterBay Batman....Jesus! You're definitely getting your money's worth on this one!

In my opinion this is the only guy so far that we are getting that can compete with Iron Man.

I'm intentionally not going into that thread because of this one. "OMFG! The MK1 SUCKS! They got that one rivet on his head totally wrong! It should be .00009mm to the left of where it is!"

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

amen brother, can't wait for mine to arrive

i also agree with voorhees, we better pray hot toys doesnt stop making figures for us nitpickers! its a collectible man.......and a very badass one i might add!!!jeeezzz.......i hope they get michael jacksons skin color right!!!

Well, worst case scenario, you could always buy the 12" Powder doll and swap them out.:p

Preach it, brother. Some people are never happy.

TDKM.jpg

I like that mod.. it's just I don't like how it puffs out the cheeks. Just the head needs to be wider not the cheek/jaw area. But imo it does look better. It's personal taste.

wow,havent seen such ^^^^^ing since the Michael Jackson thread...

TDKM.jpg

I like that mod.. it's just I don't like how it puffs out the cheeks. Just the head needs to be wider not the cheek/jaw area. But imo it does look better. It's personal taste.

Original ftw!

Bat really looks stupid with that mod imo.

Yep, the original head looks way better, after seeing this pic:

_MG_5168.jpg

That's too round, like an alien. But the neck and chest mod is still fine. I'm only waiting for my batman to decide if I should modify the chest and neck. Here in this pic the body is really perfect:

_MG_5166.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back