Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be a trend for quite a few figures now. Is there perhaps another underlying issue that we are not aware of. Surely they are not tweaking all the figures that have been pushed back?

Got the delay email too. I bet the figure will look exactly the same when it releases, but a handful of people will say it "looks better".

Thank you Hot Toys, very cool!

Terrible customer service from Hot Toys. Zero communication. Tell us why such a long delay!

I'm really happy about it, this means improvements! Why? Because both this and Batman were displayed at the same time, Batman released as he was shown, they've barely marketed this version of the Joker with no presence at any of their recent shows, apart form one, where they didn't even put official pictures of it up on the instagram or Facebook. I think the less than lukewarm reception for BB has helped probably. Hopefully a slightly revised sculpts and the bloody base is changed. Can't wait to see the changes!

I'm really happy about it, this means improvements! Why? Because both this and Batman were displayed at the same time, Batman released as he was shown, they've barely marketed this version of the Joker with no presence at any of their recent shows, apart form one, where they didn't even put official pictures of it up on the instagram or Facebook. I think the less than lukewarm reception for BB has helped probably. Hopefully a slightly revised sculpts and the bloody base is changed. Can't wait to see the changes!

But they did make a post about it on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/58690437343/posts/10154723351667344/

I think what he meant was the figure has not been displayed at SDCC 2018 or many recent events since last years annoucement and reveal.

I think what he meant was the figure has not been displayed at SDCC 2018 or many recent events since last years annoucement and reveal.

Exactly.

If I remember correctly at one event it didn't turn up at all, but both (or was there three?) Hot Toys didn't show ANY pictures of it via their official channels, almost like it wasn't there. Hardly any bloggers took any photos of it neither.

You can go back through their display photos just even on their Facebook page, and you'll see almost every figure they have a photo of, but not this.

The only time I’ve seen the figure this year was at ACGHK 2018. Toys TV posted a video

It’s exactly the same Sculpt that was revealed last July.

With this long delay. Surely it must be getting improvements done. (I hope!)

https://youtu.be/oaXN-6EkHVM

I guess this figure will be released end of next month at the earliest in HK because it take about 2 months to ship across the ocean to SS. I think so anyway!

Seems like hot Toys is lacking on communication for this figure.. for all we know it can be delayed due to them just wanting to push other figures ahead do to the Luke warm reception of the begins figure :/

Yeah. The Begins figure is pretty underwhelming, especially when compared to the Enterbay. I would’ve canceled had it not been for the NRD, but maybe I’ll flip it in a year or two if it gains any value. I’m not cancelling Joker though since I want him to go with QS001.

I really think this will look the same when it’s released, despite the delay. I just don’t think Hot Toys cares enough about this franchise anymore to warrant halting production to revise the sculpt, especially when the figure is already selling decently.

Last edited:
Yeah. The Begins figure is pretty underwhelming, especially when compared to the Enterbay. I would’ve canceled had it not been for the NRD, but maybe I’ll flip it in a year or two if it gains any value. I’m not cancelling Joker though since I want him to go with QS001.

I really think this will look the same when it’s released, despite the delay. I just don’t think Hot Toys cares enough about this franchise anymore to warrant halting production to revise the sculpt, especially when the figure is already selling decently.

Yeah the joker figure is pretty much sold out or on the way to selling out preorders.. if I had the 1/4 TDK I would deff buy this joker regardless of final release. But to me this joker is underwhelming and not worth me to buy-Then to go and buy the 3rd market value TDK figure...and the begins suit is meh as well so it’s not even worth to go that route.. ehh kinda feel like I’m in an awkward place in my life.. as a kid I loved batman.. I feel like I’m changing and becoming more of an iron man fan.. not understanding what’s happening to my tastes. Hahaha

Back