Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As already said, if Hot Toys released this today then it still wouldn't arrive in time for Sideshow in September, so the time is just wrong anyway.

If that post that was shared if from an official Hot Toys channel then I guess I've no reason to doubt it... still, for me it won't be confirmation until Sideshow officially changes the date.

Perhaps Hot Toys saw the less than lukewarm reception BB got, and hopefully they'll change that crap base.

But a part of me still thinks this is it, what we'll get.

Why do people still assume Sideshow know anything? They are as in the dark as we are. If it released tomorrow in Hong Kong it still wouldn't reach Sideshow by September so that estimate isn't gonna happen.

I'm on the fence on this. Part of me want's this yesterday, the thought of another six month wait isn't appealing, but at the same time I want the best possible figure. If HT feel it needs improving I'd rather wait....reluctantly. :lol

I don’t know why people think Sideshow doesn’t communicate with HT.

If anyone has been paying attention to the ESB Vader thread. It clearly shows that they share info with each other and hold that info back from the customer.

But we all knew that.

This is going to probably be a sudden release like Vader. Maybe even a new norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know why people think Sideshow doesn’t communicate with HT.

If anyone has been paying attention to the ESB Vader thread. It clearly shows that they share info with each other and hold that info back from the customer.

But we all knew that.

This is going to probably be a sudden release like Vader. Maybe even a new norm.

So that post from the previous pages is all fake about the delay?

Hot Toys need to change the goofy "HAHAHA" stand/base and the hands should have paint on it as if he applied his own make-up...like in the film. What's the point of making a 1/4 scale if you are not going to add the appropriate details?

I'll make a prediction. If Hot Toys do not make some significant changes and improve the likeness, then this figure will sit in Sideshows warehouse for well over a year before it sells out. That would be a same considering it is such a popular character.

That would be a same considering it is such a popular character.

Was.

latest

I'll make a prediction. If Hot Toys do not make some significant changes and improve the likeness, then this figure will sit in Sideshows warehouse for well over a year before it sells out. That would be a same considering it is such a popular character.

except that the exclusive is sold out and the regular version is on "low stock" status, pre-order sold out at most retailers too.

It’s going to do well regardless of the nit pickers

It’s the only thing out Joker for Christ sake. And it does look bad ass for what it is.

It’s going to to do well.

It’s going to do well regardless of the nit pickers

It’s the only thing out Joker for Christ sake. And it does look bad ass for what it is.

It’s going to to do well.

It's going to do well, regardless of what it looks like.

Nitpicking ≠ having standards

Any HT Ledger Joker is going to do well. Doesn't excuse them releasing it with a sub par head sculpt. With the delay they appear to have realised that and we can hopefully look forward to a better figure next year.

here is a new video that was posting today of the figure with the exclusive head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWEGSDn3U7M

Watching that video only re-emphasises just how bad those sculpts are...and the spin their giving them ain't much better..

If they ARE the sculpts that's being released...they should add "Artistic interpretation" to the advertised figure....cause it ain't no Heath ledger/Joker..

That is an old video recording from ACGHK2017 - you can see a valerian hot toys display case behind the joker figures.

Watching that video only re-emphasises just how bad those sculpts are...and the spin their giving them ain't much better..
If they ARE the sculpts that's being released...they should add "Artistic interpretation" to the advertised figure....cause it ain't no Heath ledger/Joker..

Seriously?
I think you’ll find every rendition of a hot toys is an artistic representation-cuckoo

Any HT Ledger Joker is going to do well. Doesn't excuse them releasing it with a sub par head sculpt. With the delay they appear to have realised that and we can hopefully look forward to a better figure next year.

Is this delay certain will we see email from sideshow?

Is this delay certain will we see email from sideshow?

No one knows. Since it came from one of Hot Toys own stores I'd be inclined to believe it but certainly not 100%.

Sideshow will have to send a delay email soon, they can't meet their September estimate when the figure still hasn't released in Hong Kong. Whether they delay it all the way until next year or just move the date back a month or two remains to be seen.

No one knows. Since it came from one of Hot Toys own stores I'd be inclined to believe it but certainly not 100%.

Sideshow will have to send a delay email soon, they can't meet their September estimate when the figure still hasn't released in Hong Kong. Whether they delay it all the way until next year or just move the date back a month or two remains to be seen.

Can anyone direct me to the actual url link regarding that statement from the Hot Toys online store?
Would be nice if HT got their PR crap together and give us an informative statement on other social platforms just for peace of mind.

Back