Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will the definitive Ledger for me...for now at least. Never know what the future may bring but I missed the DX11 and the 1/2 scale Prime 1 is too big for my display...so this is it.

I know many will turn their noses up at this but for a combined price of $180 (90 for body and clothes/accessories/headsculpt each) this will work fine for me without spending $550+. This Max Toys ver. is a knockoff of the Mom Toys which in turn was a Enterbay knockoff. The NECA one was nice and cheaper but this easily has better face-sculpt and actual clothes.

I definitely plan on repainting the face. But need a decent tutorial.

GVdhGJM.jpg

Cqi1EDI.jpg

JP2pycQ.jpg

Any update on this guy? Is it being released this month in Hong Kong? Waiting to see the head sculpt.

Any update on this guy? Is it being released this month in Hong Kong? Waiting to see the head sculpt.

Unlikely now. Not that they always get things right by any means but it's slipped to June on OSR's release schedule.

I hope they listened to some of the criticism and reworked the sculpt too. They can push it to Q4 for all I care if it means getting a more accurate ledger sculpt.

Agree on the wait, if it means getting a better product then I'm all for it. An update to confirm that, as Prime 1 do, would be nice though.

My "contact" in Hong Kong that overcharges me out of the ass just to have things early and be the "first" to post amazingly crappy pics of an item I will later sell at a loss because debt says this will eventually come out.

I hope they listened to some of the criticism and reworked the sculpt too.

We can only hope.

They can push it to Q4 for all I care if it means getting a more accurate ledger sculpt.

I am not naive, I know no matter how much time they get to sculpt Ledger it will never look as good as Adams. However, I don't think it's too much to ask for them to enlarge the eyes, fix the drooping right nostril and have a closed mouth expression.

Agree on the wait, if it means getting a better product then I'm all for it. An update to confirm that, as Prime 1 do, would be nice though.

Yeah it would be, speaking of Prime 1, here is how it looks with mob make up.

29102178_1610201789057220_4548005337193512960_n.jpg

Not for me either. I want to like it, but it's not even close when compared to EB

Yeah the only major thing wrong with EBs was just the head shape, everything else was pretty close to being spot on. The head shape on this is actually better than EBs but the jaw line too defined, cheeks need to be puffier but that's about it. If you could combine the pros with this sculpt with the pros of the EB sculpt you would have a pretty good sculpt.

We can only hope.

I am not naive, I know no matter how much time they get to sculpt Ledger it will never look as good as Adams. However, I don't think it's too much to ask for them to enlarge the eyes, fix the drooping right nostril and have a closed mouth expression.

Yeah it would be, speaking of Prime 1, here is how it looks with mob make up.

View attachment 400954

Yeah the only major thing wrong with EBs was just the head shape, everything else was pretty close to being spot on. The head shape on this is actually better than EBs but the jaw line too defined, cheeks need to be puffier but that's about it. If you could combine the pros with this sculpt with the pros of the EB sculpt you would have a pretty good sculpt.

Damn that looks good. Rethinking the QS HT for P1 Now. Would sit nice right next to P1 DKR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledger must be really tough to get right if all these companies continue to struggle. The galling thing is HT absolutely nailed the Leto Joker's that no one wants, truly some of their best work of recent times.

Looking through all these images again I do agree HT should have the mouth closed giving him that instantly recognisable pout he had in many scenes. At some point I'm hoping there is a custom laughing sculpt similar to the DX11 alternate head.

Back