Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, haven't really noticed pers issues before. What do you make of the DX08 sculpt? I think it's one of HT best and the pers seems to work pretty well on him.

It looks ok on the shelf but close up the eyes look plastic and fake looking, but unlike the Ledger Joker PERS sculpts, the eyes do not look oversized. I would just think that the plastic fake look that Hot Toys PERS has would be very noticeable at such a large scale like 1/4. Even the eyes are oversized on the QS001 but they look small like Bale's eyes because they are deep set within the cowl. Nevertheless, they still do not have that distinguishing squint look to them like Bale's eyes have.

With painting I wouldn't know where to start. How would you get the colours to match those on the painted part of the sculpt?

The red might be hard to match with 100 % accurately but the white and black areas shouldn't be too hard. Only problem I can see is getting the shading to look identical both in detail and style to the shading of the make up on the right side of the face.

I'm in the same boat! I had already submitted a return form to Sideshow but now I'm starting to have a change of mind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I’d definitely recommend waiting til u have him
In hand, true the suit restricts movement a bit but with patience you can achieve most iconic wick poses.
I’m fine with the headscuplt & it pretty easy to darken his beard if that’s what’s bothering you.
From what iv seen most people have different variations of the dark facial hair straight out the box.
I can’t praise his suit highly enough tho-it’s amazing-like next level hot toys tailoring.
That & he has a tonne of accessories!
Iv got mine posed basic museum pose with his beagle puppy I got from mr z about 6 months before the figure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks ok on the shelf but close up the eyes look plastic and fake looking, but unlike the Ledger Joker PERS sculpts, the eyes do not look oversized. I would just think that the plastic fake look that Hot Toys PERS has would be very noticeable at such a large scale like 1/4. Even the eyes are oversized on the QS001 but they look small like Bale's eyes because they are deep set within the cowl. Nevertheless, they still do not have that distinguishing squint look to them like Bale's eyes have.

The red might be hard to match with 100 % accurately but the white and black areas shouldn't be too hard. Only problem I can see is getting the shading to look identical both in detail and style to the shading of the make up on the right side of the face.

I would agree the eyes on the QS001 are lacking that squint, definitely too wide and the wrong colour.

Probably easier to remove the paint from the face(apart from the eyes) and start again.

I would agree the eyes on the QS001 are lacking that squint, definitely too wide and the wrong colour.

Probably easier to remove the paint from the face(apart from the eyes) and start again.

Yeah thinking about it as much as I like pers on my 1/6 scale, they probably would look odd in 1/4.
Enterbay were the best with their begins batman, that beast came with 3 suited up headsculpts & it still outstanding now.
I don’t even think the eye plates they used in the 1/6 batman would work with this scale either.
They should have just added another fully painted headscuplt with the full smeared make up look and changed the direction of the eyes on one of them & the exclusive should have came with an extra 3rd half painted sculpt.
But that’s wishful thinking.
Still though I’m really glad I have this in my collection & you will be too sj2106.
My mate came round last night who has no interest in anything like this, he loves my batmobile tho & I told him I got a joker & he was blown away by it.

Yeah I’d definitely recommend waiting til u have him
In hand, true the suit restricts movement a bit but with patience you can achieve most iconic wick poses.
I’m fine with the headscuplt & it pretty easy to darken his beard if that’s what’s bothering you.
From what iv seen most people have different variations of the dark facial hair straight out the box.
I can’t praise his suit highly enough tho-it’s amazing-like next level hot toys tailoring.
That & he has a tonne of accessories!
Iv got mine posed basic museum pose with his beagle puppy I got from mr z about 6 months before the figure!

I actually have him in hand already. I recieved him last week and messed around with different poses. I even posed him on a 1/6 scale motorcycle and shared that pic on here(and reddit) but I didnt really like that pose either, which is a drag because I spent quite a bit of time customizing that motorcycle by taking it apart, airbrushing it with a matte black paint and installing led lights in the headlight assembly. So I'll probably end up canceling my return with sideshow, do the beard mod and give him another shot.

But back on topic, I couldnt be happier with my 1/4 joker. I'm just waiting for my 1/4 scale chair and table to arrive so i can try new poses.[emoji846]
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah that's why Sideshow's PF head sculpt destroys Hot toys one for likeness.

Yeah that would be the best solution, but you could do the same with the mob painted one, if u were able to pick up a spare one of those on ebay.

Yeah thinking about it as much as I like pers on my 1/6 scale, they probably would look odd in 1/4.
Enterbay were the best with their begins batman, that beast came with 3 suited up headsculpts & it still outstanding now.
I don’t even think the eye plates they used in the 1/6 batman would work with this scale either.
They should have just added another fully painted headscuplt with the full smeared make up look and changed the direction of the eyes on one of them & the exclusive should have came with an extra 3rd half painted sculpt.

But that’s wishful thinking.
Still though I’m really glad I have this in my collection & you will be too sj2106.
My mate came round last night who has no interest in anything like this, he loves my batmobile tho & I told him I got a joker & he was blown away by it.

All good points, but if they were offering a 3rd sculpt, I would prefer they did one that captured the essence of Ledger's Joker like a laughing one or smirking one, even if the likeness wasn't as good.

Took him out of the box just after reading some having collar issues. Looked at mine and the collar's fine. The only issue I have is one of the magnet's not sticking. Anybody have the same issue?

20190809_060805.jpg

Took him out of the box just after reading some having collar issues. Looked at mine and the collar's fine. The only issue I have is one of the magnet's not sticking. Anybody have the same issue?

View attachment 464062

Happened on my replacement coat. Take a large magnet and see if it’s at the bottom of the coat. Most likely glue came loose and it’s at the bottom stitched part of the coat. I slowly slid it up to match the lapel.

I got the Ex not long ago and also lost interest long ago, so if anyone wants it for what I paid from SS, let me know.

Kinda meh
Looks like a caricature more than a sculpt based on the joker

Back