Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad your getting yours too mate.
Yeah the sparkle has definitely gone a bit from this figure for me.
Mine shipped from Hong Kong so think we must be in the last released batch.
Just about to open him up, hopefully it’s all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad your getting yours too mate.
Yeah the sparkle has definitely gone a bit from this figure for me.
Mine shipped from Hong Kong so think we must be in the last released batch.
Just about to open him up, hopefully it’s all good!

Hope you like it and get none of those collar issues some have been having.

Hope you like it and get none of those collar issues some have been having.

Think I got lucky both collars are the same length, gone over it all and it’s pretty much perfect.
The coats a bit too puffy, maybe just need more futzing out of the box but I’m not too sure about it the colour seems off too.
Might look at getting a custom.
Biggest thing iv found is
He really had no chance of standing up without a stand.
His ankles are so soft and he’s pretty top heavy he just can’t stand unaided.
Only figure il have that il need to use a stand

I got my one today & I’m really happy with it. When I 1st opened it up & see it lying in it’s box I wasn’t to sure on the sculpt if I’m honest but now it’s set up, them doubts have gone. One thing thing I do wish HT did, was to give this figure PERS, I really think it would of taken the sculpt up another level. Tailoring wise I’m happy, no collar issues. One gripe I had was I really disliked the stand but fortunately I won’t be using it so I won’t get into that. I go on holiday soon but once I’m back I’m definitely going to look into getting the 2nd sculpt re-painted but overall I’m really happy to have this in my collection & with Batman they look great together.

b2240ce501d8a37165eea60e72d0cb8f.jpg

Should be getting it today. Actually super excited even though I'm packing to move to a new place. Going to be the first Heath Ledger Joker for me!

Wow. Just opened him up. Was smiling ear to ear.

It's simply phenomenal, would definitely wait the two years again for it. Think I've got the dodgy collar issue, will see if it can be fixed. I'm blown away by everything at first site. Automatic favourite piece in my collection for sure now. No issues with the purple coat either, think it looks near enough spot on.

Absolutely happy with it. This piece has definitely suffered from the amount of customs of the Joker deflating how good this actually is with all of the comparisons and wishes put upon it, of why doesn't it look like this custom or that custom. And, although opinions are opinions, I'm now led to believe anyone who thinks the DX11 headsculpt is superior are on some type of drug. The headsculpt is phenomenal, even the special headsculpt with the myriad of smudges under his chin etc. looks great.

Sidenote: apologies in advance for being completely happy with this piece. Worth the wait in my opinion.

Got to pack up to move so won't be able to play much with it. But seriously blown away. I've watched a lot of videos for this piece, particularly Deans first videos. I just don't understand at all the negativity surrounding it. The purple coat drapes beautifully and looks perfect, even playing around with it shortly, tugging here and there gently it opens up enough. It actually drapes and doesn't sit. The lapels look fine, they magnetise well. The tailoring is just phenomenal, and that headsculpt for a commercial mass produced piece is the best I think we're going to get.

I won't split hairs and cause an argument, everyone thinks differently. But even out of customs, but definitely out of mass produced pieces, this is one of, if not the best head sculpt. In hand I'm actually extremely happy there's no hair draping over his face. I don't think it suffers from having sculpted hair, and the expression is bloody beautiful and piercing. So happy it doesn't have PERS also. Having the DX12 Batman and another PERFS figure, I think it ruins the sculpt, you can tell the eyes are balls behind a face. Whereas sculpted eyes add to the realism. And for me Heath's Joker was a type of guy who always had a sort of hunched look so having him facing down is naturally in character.

I don't know, this is 10/10 for me. I'm trying to take a photo and in camera it 100% does not pick up its presence. This is also a hundred percent a piece that I will never sell, which I can't say for any other piece in my collection. This reminded me why I spend hundreds on Hot Toys, and has excited me like no other Hot Toys has since my first purchase of the Crow. And I've had some miserable experiences trying to buy pieces. Worth the wait 100%.

Gushing over.

Wow. Just opened him up. Was smiling ear to ear.

The piece is phenomenal, would definitely wait the two years again for it. Think I've got the dodgy collar issue, will see if it can be fixed. I'm blown away by everything at first site. Automatic favourite piece in my collection for sure now. No issues with the purple coat neither, think it look near enough spot on.

Absolutely happy with it. This piece has definitely suffered from the amount of customs of the Joker deflating how good this actually is. And, altohugh opinions are opinions, I'm not led to believe anyone who thinks the DX11 headsculpt is superior are on some type of drug. The headsculpt is phenomenal, even the special headsculpt with the myriad of smudged under his chin etc. looks great.

Sidenote: apologies in advance for being completely happy with this piece. Worth the wait in my opinion.

Got to pack up to move so won't be able to play much with it. But seriously blown away. I've watched a lot of videos for this piece, particularly Deans first videos. I just don't understand at all the negativity surrounding it. The purple coat drapes beautifully, even playing around with it shortly, tugging here and there gently it opens up enough. It actually drapes and doesn't sit. The lapels look fine, they magnetise well. The tailoring is just phenomenal, and that headsculpt for a commercial mass produced piece is the best I think we're going to get.

I won't split hairs and cause an argument, everyone thinks differently. But even out of customs, but definitely out of mass produced pieces, this one of if not the best headsculpt. In hand I'm actually extremely happy there's no hair draping over his face. I don't think it suffers from having sculpted hair, and the expression is bloody beautiful and piercing. So happy it doesn't have PERS also. Having the DX12 Batman and another PERFS figure, I think it ruins the sculpt, you can tell the eyes are balls behind a face. Whereas sculpted eyes add to the realism. And for me Heath's Joker was a type of guy who always had a sort of hunched look.

I don't know, this is 10/10 for me. I'm trying to take a photo and in camera it 100% does not pick up its presense. This is also a hundred percent a piece that I will never sell, which I can't say for any other piece in my collection. This reminded me why I spend hundreds on Hot Toys, and has excited me like no other Hot Toys has since my first purchase of the Crow. And I've had some miserable experiences trying to buy pieces. Worth the wait 100%

Gushing over.

Glad you like it buddy. I thought I had a dodgy collar when I 1st see my one but the shirt was just caught between the joint of the body & the neck.
I was a little put off by some of the negative reviews I see on this figure but now I’ve got it & seen it in hand, I’m really happy with it. I know some collectors wanted rooted hair but I’m glad HT didn’t go that route personally judging by the figures there made with rooted hair so far. It isn’t a perfect figure but what figure is? The more I look at it the more I seem to like it. Like you, it was well worth the wait [emoji4]

Glad you like it buddy. I thought I had a dodgy collar when I 1st see my one but the shirt was just caught between the joint of the body & the neck.
I was a little put off by some of the negative reviews I see on this figure but now I’ve got it & seen it in hand, I’m really happy with it. I know some collectors wanted rooted hair but I’m glad HT didn’t go that route personally judging by the figures there made with rooted hair so far. It isn’t a perfect figure but what figure is? The more I look at it the more I seem to like it. Like you, it was well worth the wait [emoji4]

I'm glad I like it too. I went this best part of a year feeling like I probably wouldn't or it wasn't worth it. Especially when all the negative reviews were coming in then people cancelling it. Combine that with Hot Toys seemingly not even bothering to promote it much, it sort of killed it for me.

So happy that in spite of it all and the long delay, it turned out to be this great and that I genuinely love it. The only way I could see Hot Toys rooted hair working is if they did something like they did with the new DX Jack Sparrow, but even then not sure how much it would work with this. Glad you like it more now also.

And no, perhaps not perfect, but I learned long ago chasing perfection leads to nowhere. So I'm judging it in terms of am I happy with everything overall in regards to the price and within resonable expectations of a mass produced figure, and 100 percent yes I am, therefore 10/10. Just looking at it every now and then... wow. For me this figure is the reason why people would start collecting toys that cost hundreds of pounds and then literally a hundred pounds on top to even ship it from another country.

I don't think many were asking for sculpted hair, we all know how bad mass produced rooted hair is. Customs are the only route for quality rooted hair. They should have sculpted the hair better though and I still don't understand not having moving eyes.

KG Hobby have the regular in stock now if anyone is interested. Around £420, closer to £450 after postage but still cheaper than anything I've seen on eBay.

https://www.kghobby.com/hot-toys-qs010-the-joker-1-4-scale-collectible-figure-the-dark-knight/?setCurrencyId=3

I don't think many were asking for sculpted hair, we all know how bad mass produced rooted hair is. Customs are the only route for quality rooted hair. They should have sculpted the hair better though and I still don't understand not having moving eyes.

KG Hobby have the regular in stock now if anyone is interested. Around £420, closer to £450 after postage but still cheaper than anything I've seen on eBay.

https://www.kghobby.com/hot-toys-qs010-the-joker-1-4-scale-collectible-figure-the-dark-knight/?setCurrencyId=3

You mean you don't think many were asking for rooted hair on it? I guess not, I did see some people say, though. I think I was with you in regards to how they did the sculpted hair, didn't think it looked overly great, but in hand I'm perfectly fine with it, doesn't annoy me, doesn't overly excite me, just looks good. I agree with you about customs with hair. Although like I said in another thread, I think JL WW's hair is fine also, it's done a lot, and I mean A LOT better than BVS WW. Got some natural waves in it already. I think we'll agree to disagree with the moving eyes haha. Don't get me wrong, I really like it with the DX Jack Sparrow, but at the same time I think it takes away from the realism of the overall sculpt as you can tell that they're balls not attached to anything, but it's swings and roundabouts with that.

I will say, to provide an exclusive sculpt and not give at least one of them PERS is silly, in fact, they should have just done it how DX JS is. I really like the exclusive sculpt, but do I wish it was an interrogated Joker sculpt instead? Hell yes.

How's everyone finding it? Creasy you got yours in, how you feeling after the wait mate?

Also hope you enjoy yours sj when it arrives from KG!

John Wick coming next for me in a week or so, think we had the reverse order of arrivals creasy. :rotfl

It was one of my least exciting unboxings iv had, mostly because of the wait from release to now & reading everyone’s opinions on it. It was hard to look at it unbiased by what I had read.
But after having it a couple of days-I like it.
The coat has started to drape more naturally now it’s been posed out of the box&i think my 1st thoughts off the colour of the coat being off are more to do with that it could use a bit of subtle weathering more than anything else at this scale.
The main headsculpt I think is great have no problem with how it’s painted whatsoever, same with his hair.
Definitely hot toys best effort at heath as the joker to date.
I agree with you tho the 2nd head should have had pers or just the full make up as that would have made more sense to have two options.
Don’t really understand the thinking behind the partial make up. I may sell the exclusive sculpt as o don’t see me using it.
But he’s really grown on me, iv been goin back & forth for a look at him a lot over the last couple of days.

Ul love John wick mate, I don’t know how they’ve managed to make his suit so realistic in 1/6-i think it’s hot toys best tailoring iv seen!
It’s like a shrink down tailor fitted suit.
My 2nd one should be here next wk & I’m having a nightmare trying to find a white shirt that will look so crisp on it

I opened up my regular edition yesterday from Timewalker. I think this guy is awesome. I’m not a hardcore enthusiast any more, meaning I don’t get notice minor inaccuracies or little nit picks. It looks like the Joker. It looks great on my shelf. I got him into an expressive pose.....

I love this thing.

You mean you don't think many were asking for rooted hair on it? I guess not, I did see some people say, though. I think I was with you in regards to how they did the sculpted hair, didn't think it looked overly great, but in hand I'm perfectly fine with it, doesn't annoy me, doesn't overly excite me, just looks good. I agree with you about customs with hair. Although like I said in another thread, I think JL WW's hair is fine also, it's done a lot, and I mean A LOT better than BVS WW. Got some natural waves in it already. I think we'll agree to disagree with the moving eyes haha. Don't get me wrong, I really like it with the DX Jack Sparrow, but at the same time I think it takes away from the realism of the overall sculpt as you can tell that they're balls not attached to anything, but it's swings and roundabouts with that.

I will say, to provide an exclusive sculpt and not give at least one of them PERS is silly, in fact, they should have just done it how DX JS is. I really like the exclusive sculpt, but do I wish it was an interrogated Joker sculpt instead? Hell yes.

How's everyone finding it? Creasy you got yours in, how you feeling after the wait mate?

Also hope you enjoy yours sj when it arrives from KG!

John Wick coming next for me in a week or so, think we had the reverse order of arrivals creasy. :rotfl

Thank's, hopefully he'll show up sometime next week.

Yes, I think most accept mass produced rooted hair isn't usually great. It's mostly that big lump of hair at the front of his head that puts me off but I'll see it in person soon enough.

TDK Batman works well with moving eyes so don't see why this Joker couldn't have had a similar system. The eyes are in a pretty good position for how I plan to pose him sitting down in the interrogation room though. Still might try and get hold of an additional body and clothing set to make use of all the weapons this guy comes with but no rush.

creasy said:
It was one of my least exciting unboxings iv had, mostly because of the wait from release to now & reading everyone’s opinions on it. It was hard to look at it unbiased by what I had read.
But after having it a couple of days-I like it.
The coat has started to drape more naturally now it’s been posed out of the box&i think my 1st thoughts off the colour of the coat being off are more to do with that it could use a bit of subtle weathering more than anything else at this scale.
The main headsculpt I think is great have no problem with how it’s painted whatsoever, same with his hair.
Definitely hot toys best effort at heath as the joker to date.
I agree with you tho the 2nd head should have had pers or just the full make up as that would have made more sense to have two options.
Don’t really understand the thinking behind the partial make up. I may sell the exclusive sculpt as o don’t see me using it.
But he’s really grown on me, iv been goin back & forth for a look at him a lot over the last couple of days.

Ul love John wick mate, I don’t know how they’ve managed to make his suit so realistic in 1/6-i think it’s hot toys best tailoring iv seen!
It’s like a shrink down tailor fitted suit.
My 2nd one should be here next wk & I’m having a nightmare trying to find a white shirt that will look so crisp on it

Selling the Ex sculpt would be a good way of making back that import fee if you have no plans for it. I'm tempted to get mine repainted and maybe even haired at some point so I'll probably hang onto it.

Damn, I was all set to sell my John Wick as soon as got here(statues to pay off) but you are two are making me rethink that. :lol Might have to keep him after all.

Damn, I was all set to sell my John Wick as soon as got here(statues to pay off) but you are two are making me rethink that. [emoji38] Might have to keep him after all.

I'm in the same boat! I had already submitted a return form to Sideshow but now I'm starting to have a change of mind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TDK Batman works well with moving eyes so don't see why this Joker couldn't have had a similar system. The eyes are in a pretty good position for how I plan to pose him sitting down in the interrogation room though. Still might try and get hold of an additional body and clothing set to make use of all the weapons this guy comes with but no rush.

The reason the eyes look ok on the QS001 is because they deep set within the cowl, thus, you can't see them all that well. If they put PERS on the Joker sculpt, they would be very noticeable, which is a bad thing. I agree with what GaryPool says PERS reduce the realistic look of the sculpt and the reason for this is because of the hard plastic look they have.

Selling the Ex sculpt would be a good way of making back that import fee if you have no plans for it. I'm tempted to get mine repainted and maybe even haired at some point so I'll probably hang onto it.

I am surprized nobody has yet to repaint the EX sculpt, I think it would look good, heck I tempted to touch up mine.

I'm in the same boat! I had already submitted a return form to Sideshow but now I'm starting to have a change of mind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I planned to just sell him on but might have to take a look at him before making a decision now. :lol

Darkavatar said:
The reason the eyes look ok on the QS001 is because they deep set within the cowl, thus, you can't see them all that well. If they put PERS on the Joker sculpt, they would be very noticeable, which is a bad thing. I agree with what GaryPool says PERS reduce the realistic look of the sculpt and the reason for this is because of the hard plastic look they have.

Interesting, haven't really noticed pers issues before. What do you make of the DX08 sculpt? I think it's one of HT best and the pers seems to work pretty well on him.

With painting I wouldn't know where to start. How would you get the colours to match those on the painted part of the sculpt?

Back