Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, was supposed to have gotten a shipping email and also stock was supposed to have reached their warehouse by now, was told this twice.

Hmm, was supposed to have gotten a shipping email and also stock was supposed to have reached their warehouse by now, was told this twice.

Yeah I wouldn’t take much notice of that-I was told 5weeks ago it would be shipping in 2 weeks. Live chatted to sideshow last night to be told it would “hopefully be before the end of August”.
Even though I pre ordered day one 26 July, they don’t honour pre orders in that way.
International customers aren’t treated the same way as American customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I wouldn’t take much notice of that-I was told 5weeks ago it would be shipping in 2 weeks. Live chatted to sideshow last night to be told it would “hopefully be before the end of August”.
Even though I pre ordered day one 26 July, they don’t honour pre orders in that way.

What a terrible way to treat customers! I'm still waiting to, starting to wonder if I'll ever get mine at this stage.

So they've still not received the batch I was told about yet. And this is the response to the question I asked about is there an order to them sending pieces out, howcome waitlist conversions are being fulfilled above first orders:

Unfortunately, I do not see any indication of how they are determining what order to fulfill those in. Sometimes they go in order of the date the orders were placed, or by full-pay or Flexpay, etc. It is not always determined in the same way, so I'm unable to say at this time. I dop understand how frustrating it is to wait (I have a few pieces on order as well) and see others receiving theirs already. However, I can assure you that we will get him out to you as soon as we are able :)

Just got mine but the base is terrible for the figure. He is pretty easily top over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I feel for the most part Momtoys is a nicer set the tailoring is amazing! In saying that I haven't seen hot toys in hand.

I’m on the other side, have HT coming and want to buy the Momtoys set just for the coat. Once I have in hand I’ll make the call. Jumped back in on a custom clothing run for 1/6 so now I’m debating even keeping this and QS001 and just going straight 1/6 for Nolan Bats. It seems for the most part, this should’ve been a home run but seems very lackluster. Shame really.

I’m hoping this week we see more pictures and opinions. I switched mine to two payments right before being charged as my car decided now was a great time to need work.

Seriously, it’s astonishing how little hype there is on this figure right now.

Same for any figure really, the hype dies down once the initial release pics and early reviews hit. That's why most of the YouTube reviewers get them early from Hong Kong or the interest is lost.

Most hype for figures are during pre-order stage.

But damn, I noticed this guy has no suspenders! The 1/6 has them.

Nevermind I'm blind, he does have them.

Last edited:
Can anybody recommend a good stand to use for him?

I’m making one for him. Basic black and a street style to begin with. Would a crotch cradle work or does he need a waist grabber?

I’ll have the style below in 1/4 scale ready this week. I’ve already got one done in basic black. Just waiting on my figure to arrive so I can snap some pics.

772094A5-644F-466F-8D87-B1E76C4ADCA4.jpeg

Back