Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke to Sideshow and they said I should expect a shipping notice in the next couple of days. They really don't have any method in line with first come first serve. Just a bout 2 more weeks until it marks exactly two years since this was ordered. I'm going to avoid looking at anything more to do with this piece as I don't want to receive it and have the underlying grievance of I waited this long for this and it has x problems...

Hopefully it has no problems and I'm still looking forward to getting it, it's just been such a hassle.

Joker 1.jpg
Joker 2.jpg
Joker 3.jpg

Definitely one of the hardest Figure to come by for me .
But it was worth it for sure.
ONLY thing I didn't like was the stand.
other than that. glad I got it

Just spoke to Sideshow and they said I should expect a shipping notice in the next couple of days. They really don't have any method in line with first come first serve. Just a bout 2 more weeks until it marks exactly two years since this was ordered. I'm going to avoid looking at anything more to do with this piece as I don't want to receive it and have the underlying grievance of I waited this long for this and it has x problems...

Hopefully it has no problems and I'm still looking forward to getting it, it's just been such a hassle.

Very much a hassle! Just got latest reply from KG Hobby...still waiting, they can't give me any idea when they will get my figure. Not sure I even care anymore. :dunno

Very much a hassle! Just got latest reply from KG Hobby...still waiting, they can't give me any idea when they will get my figure. Not sure I even care anymore. :dunno

That’s the way I’m feeling now too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bit of a shame with the production of this figure. I mean I'm one of the few I guess who thinks it looks great and I'm sure once I have it I'll be extremely happy with it. I'm not one that will look at it under a x15 magnification and note that his lower lip is a slightly darker shade of red than how it appears 2 hours 15 minutes into the film.

But for this figure to have been under a 2 year wait without any changes and then released in batches is absurd, even moreso for there being no rhyme or reason in the order of this being dispatched depending on order date through Sideshow. I've no doubt that this was to cater to the Infinity War line to rush those out. Just a bit of a shame as it sort of takes the excitement out of the figure. It's almost like when you try to get something from your brother or a friend and have to fight and argue to get it, then when you finally do you don't really want it anymore because it's just a reminder of the hostility it took to get it in the first place.

That’s the way I’m feeling now too

Yeah it's frustrating to put it mildly.

GaryPool said:
It's a bit of a shame with the production of this figure. I mean I'm one of the few I guess who thinks it looks great and I'm sure once I have it I'll be extremely happy with it. I'm not one that will look at it under a x15 magnification and note that his lower lip is a slightly darker shade of red than how it appears 2 hours 15 minutes into the film.

But for this figure to have been under a 2 year wait without any changes and then released in batches is absurd, even moreso for there being no rhyme or reason in the order of this being dispatched depending on order date through Sideshow. I've no doubt that this was to cater to the Infinity War line to rush those out. Just a bit of a shame as it sort of takes the excitement out of the figure. It's almost like when you try to get something from your brother or a friend and have to fight and argue to get it, then when you finally do you don't really want it anymore because it's just a reminder of the hostility it took to get it in the first place.

Really don't think you are one of the few who think's it looks great. Seen lots of others say how happy they are with the figure and let's not forget the vast majority of buyers will never post on a forum like this. People are always more likely to post complaints than praise, same with any product or service.

That's a good analogy, each time I look at this figure I'll remember the hassle it took to get it. Not to mention it will feel like seeing the movie everyone was talking about three months ago but have now moved on.

One of my friends is getting his exclusive on wednesday so the other batch has probably arrived. None for me on the regular version yet.
FYI, today I checked with Peter from Maybang collectibles about the figures we preordered through his shop and he confirmed sideshow emailed him today that his orders will process next week. So if not by the end of next week then more than likely we should get ours the week after. [emoji846]

Update another shipment email has been sent to another friend of mine also wednesday for the exclusive thanks for the update on the maybang site, but my sideshow order of the regular version has no shipment email yet.

Got creative when I reposed Joker today. I am super happy with the final result, probably not going to touch the figure for a while now because I love what I did with the cards so much. No photoshop!

IMG_3769.jpgIMG_3766.jpgIMG_3767.jpgIMG_3765.jpgIMG_3775.jpg

I wish now I bought the exclusive from sideshow, and not just the regular because by now I would have maybe gotten mine.

Back