Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bad boy just arrived today. Not one sixth, of course, but worthy of a few photos here i hope.

I took some comparison shots with the Enterbay version.

Overall im a big fan of the new Hot Toys. The body is shorter, but this is more in scale with the QS001. The body is much better proportioned than the Enterbay, and the actual body itself is much better and high quality in terms of posability.

The clothing is very nice on both, but with the better proportions of the Hot Toys they look much better.

The head sculpt is... its a bit neutral. It resembles Ledger but unfortunately i don't think it nails it. It looks better from the front whereas the Enterbay has a better profile.

The shoes are cloth on the Hot Toys, sculpted on the Enterbay. I actually think the shirt pattern is a little nicer on the enterbay but haven't removed the coat to look closely.

The paint app on the Hot Toys is a bit cleaner whereas the Enterbay almost looks thicker, like real makeup applied.
9487dcde796f2bca1e97e78ee601a849.jpg
f44b710e9f6f7c22e00e8d224a85a03d.jpg
8f85c6e3004de390ddf878f776cc668a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice comparison...if you were new to the hobby you'd be hard pressed to know which one was new and which one was made nearly ten years ago.
The more i see of the HT head sculpt the more disappointing it looks...the coat isn't very well executed either...besides the color being inaccurate the lapels are way too big...shoes too are over scaled and too light in color...as are the laces.

Screen used..
View attachment 458323View attachment 458324

I think the Enterbay (while still a great figure) is definitely showing its age. It's a shame they aren't doing a 2.0 for Joker and Bats as I am sure it would blow HT out of the water. I would love to see them do a TDK suit Batman too.

I think the Enterbay (while still a great figure) is definitely showing its age. It's a shame they aren't doing a 2.0 for Joker and Bats as I am sure it would blow HT out of the water. I would love to see them do a TDK suit Batman too.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Enterbay doesn't even have the license anymore.

Yeah, they lost it a couple years back. That's how Hot Toys was able to make this 1/4th scale Joker.

No worries, Tim.

Here’s from FB

『 The Dark Knight, 2008 - The Joker 』
Blitzway is thrilled to announce that we will be collaborating with Prime 1 Studio again on another exciting project, the second installment of Christopher Nolan’s remarkable film trilogy, The Dark Knight.
Work has already started on the first collectible from this popular license, the Joker 1:3 Scale which will be designed by our artist team.
As this will be a worldwide license, fans of The Dark Knight everywhere will be able to own a piece of this amazing sculpt of the legendary Heath Ledger by Blitzway.
Stay tuned for further collaboration with Prime1 Studio!
www.blitzway.com
www.prime1studio.com

Really wish KG Hobby would hurry up and get send this to me! Bats is getting pretty impatient waiting for Joker!

bats1.jpg

Really wish KG Hobby would hurry up and get send this to me! Bats is getting pretty impatient waiting for Joker!

View attachment 458417

Epic shot. I presume that's a custom 1/4 diorama. I wonder if there are 1/4 tables around lol

But yeah I wanna pose the Joker next to the QS BM RIGHT NOW

Awesome pic. My QS001 is waiting impatiently too. Great figure. I wish I had the exclusive empty cowl.

The cowl is great, it makes me want to get a 1/1 replica lol

Fresh off the box, and the collar was already off. Deteriorated rusted magnet on one collar, pristine intact silver magnet on the other. Hoping SS sends a new one.

457F5B21-6C5B-490F-903E-9104B8D2A31C.jpg

This is my Joker pose until I get the jacket situated:

29747409-3A80-457C-A151-618F185ABA3E.jpg

Back