Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, thanks for the link! He's done some fine work. :)

You welcome and yes he does. :wink1:

Just picked up a Mom toys 1:4 Joker for $200 - decent knock off after a paint up.

Personally I think the stock sculpt on this is better than the KO EB sculpt overall.

For those who don't know Greg is offering his joker heads unpainted bald and haired on his facebook page if anyone is looking to upgrade.

Creg told me he is was waiting to get the Hot Toys Joker, to see how big he should make the head. I think his current ones are just for the EB Joker.

Seems after the initial batch secret base is really slow getting these out. Still waiting on mine, I paid a larger deposit to KG Hobby to get mine quicker and usually get them a week to 10 days after release. Dean Knight hasn't been able to get his for review yet either.

Wow I thought you preordered yours from Sideshow? Apparently only 100 pieces of Batch 1 were made, hence why it sells for over 1 K on ebay.

You can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You actually can, ONCE your waitlist status converts. Once you log-in, you can go to the item and preorder. The option for Flex Pay will be there. The option for 2 payments was there. I chose not to do payments.

You actually can, ONCE your waitlist status converts. Once you log-in, you can go to the item and preorder. The option for Flex Pay will be there. The option for 2 payments was there. I chose not to do payments.

Every waitlist that converted for me was never able to flex. When I called and asked one time, long a go, they say they don’t do it because the item is limited and they can sell them easily with the single payment option. Having it flexed at that point means they got to wait around 3 months to get the money.

Unfortunately that is incorrect. The option is there, but if you try choosing flex pay you get an error message saying that the item is not eligible.

I’ve had 3 waitlist figures convert recently and it has been that way for each of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow I thought you preordered yours from Sideshow? Apparently only 100 pieces of Batch 1 were made, hence why it sells for over 1 K on ebay.

No, anything with Sideshow leads to customs charges for me. Only thing I've got from them is the Prime 1 Hush Batman.

I'm getting the exclusive from KG Hobby who are not far from Secret Base. Instead of the standard deposit I paid £100 up front for what they call 'quick batch'...way back in 2017 lol. The total cost is the same though, £400.

Unless I'm mistaken even local distributors don't get their stock for a while. KG literally send someone to stand in line and pick up figures from Secret Base for the quick batch sales. Same as eBay and Facebook sellers like TimCent.

I'm shocked that anyone would pay $1k for this. Even if they don't have a pre-order locked in those eBay prices will drop once more of the stock is released.

Unfortunately that is incorrect. The option is there, but if you try choosing flex pay you get an error message saying that the item is not eligible.

I’ve had 3 waitlist figures convert recently and it has been that way for each of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You may be correct. I didn’t choose to try and Flex Pay, so I didn’t get an error message.

No, anything with Sideshow leads to customs charges for me. Only thing I've got from them is the Prime 1 Hush Batman.

Ahh I see.

I'm getting the exclusive from KG Hobby who are not far from Secret Base. Instead of the standard deposit I paid £100 up front for what they call 'quick batch'...way back in 2017 lol. The total cost is the same though, £400.

Unless I'm mistaken even local distributors don't get their stock for a while. KG literally send someone to stand in line and pick up figures from Secret Base for the quick batch sales. Same as eBay and Facebook sellers like TimCent.

Yeah I have heard that to, so you are you saying the quick batch sales are the ones limited to low numbers but there will more special editions once local distributors get theirs in?

I'm shocked that anyone would pay $1k for this. Even if they don't have a pre-order locked in those eBay prices will drop once more of the stock is released.

For the special edition?

Last edited:
You may be correct. I didn’t choose to try and Flex Pay, so I didn’t get an error message.

Yeah, and it really is a tease. There’s not supposed to be an option to begin with, but their website is pretty screwed up with the new design. For example, I bought a couple of digital gift cards couple weeks ago and one of them never got emailed to me so I had to contact CS to get them to resend it. They said they’ve been having all sorts of issues with the site.

Ahh I see.

Yeah I have heard that to, so you are you saying the quick batch sales are the ones limited to low numbers but there will more special editions once local distributors get theirs in?

For the special edition?

I think KG Hobby only had the regular edition for sale on their website but I could be wrong. I had to email them to get an exclusive.

They'll probably get their regular stock around the same time as Sideshow. Not sure if they'd be able to get more of the Ex. That whole system with Secret Base sounds really complicated.

Well if only 100 have released that would explain them selling for $1k. When theres a few thousand in circulation you'd expect that price to drop at least a couple of hundred?

Hong kong sellers have it at $700 now-compared to $1000 last wk.

Only 100 pieces is surprising. Were preorders really that low for this?

Don't think its how low the pre orders were, I just think Hot Toys didn't plan to make many of these 1/4 scale Jokers, hence why even the regular is sold out worldwide.

I think KG Hobby only had the regular edition for sale on their website but I could be wrong. I had to email them to get an exclusive.

Ah I see.

They'll probably get their regular stock around the same time as Sideshow. Not sure if they'd be able to get more of the Ex. That whole system with Secret Base sounds really complicated.

Hmm interesting.

Well if only 100 have released that would explain them selling for $1k. When theres a few thousand in circulation you'd expect that price to drop at least a couple of hundred?

Yeah you would, well the EX has dropped by that much, however, it still around the 900 to 1 K price point on ebay. It was originally around the 1200 mark, so it has dropped by a couple of hundred but doesn't mean much when the price was over 1200 to begin with.

Don't think its how low the pre orders were, I just think Hot Toys didn't plan to make many of these 1/4 scale Jokers, hence why even the regular is sold out worldwide.

Ah I see.

Hmm interesting.

Yeah you would, well the EX has dropped by that much, however, it still around the 900 to 1 K price point on ebay. It was originally around the 1200 mark, so it has dropped by a couple of hundred but doesn't mean much when the price was over 1200 to begin with.

The regular doesn’t seem to be out yet

Back