Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there differences between the two sculpts...other than the paint I mean?

Pretty sure there isn't and it's just the paint as the head shapes are the same, but a different paint job can make a sculpt look like a different sculpt, especially when one is covered up with with dark large black triangular circles, hiding the likeness of the eyes. The mob make up hides the likeness to Ledger quite well, so in order to see Ledger in that sculpt, everything has to be accurate, not just the facial features.

It's still only really the hair that I dislike. Wish they'd have sculpted some strands coming forward over his face and made the green more vibrant.

So will you get yours customized to adding hair to that area?

How much did it cost you? I can't find it in stock anywhere now. Really regret not ordering a second so I could display both looks now.
I did a lot of online searching to try and find preorders for this figure and found maybang.com. I saw the preorders were available for $504.99. I never heard of this store before. Did research and saw that this was an official Sideshow retailer and was a reputable seller. So after calling the store and speaking with Peter, I paid and secured my preorder. The only other place i know of with open preorders is Man Of Action Figures BUT... for $699. It was at $599 a few weeks ago.

Yeah, I saw that! Were you having it shipped outside the U.S.? When I paid through the site, I had few different shipping options for carriers and delivery date and I went with the least expensive which was USPS priority mail for $12. After everything I paid $516 and some change.

Yeah, I saw that! Were you having it shipped outside the U.S.? When I paid through the site, I had few different shipping options for carriers and delivery date and I went with the least expensive which was USPS priority mail for $12. After everything I paid $516 and some change.

Yeah I was, it was like $130 USD for shipping, I think it was a good site but only for US buyers. I knew when you posted it on here I was like dam this is going to sell out quickly, so I was not surprized it sold out within a few hours.

Yeah I was, it was like $130 USD for shipping, I think it was a good site but only for US buyers. I knew when you posted it on here I was like dam this is going to sell out quickly, so I was not surprized it sold out within a few hours.
Damn! That stinks. International shipping prices are always a kick to the nutz. Sorry man, I hope you're able to find a preorder without having to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Pretty sure there isn't and it's just the paint as the head shapes are the same, but a different paint job can make a sculpt look like a different sculpt, especially when one is covered up with with dark large black triangular circles, hiding the likeness of the eyes. The mob make up hides the likeness to Ledger quite well, so in order to see Ledger in that sculpt, everything has to be accurate, not just the facial features.

So will you get yours customized to adding hair to that area?

If it's possible yeah I'd like to...not even sure where I'd go for that though.

Justin Collection review is up. I really would have preferred an expressive alternate sculpt instead of the Ledger version. Costume looks great, the sculpt will of course be divisive. The wait for this has been very unacceptable:mad:

Justin Collection review is up. I really would have preferred an expressive alternate sculpt instead of the Ledger version. Costume looks great, the sculpt will of course be divisive. The wait for this has been very unacceptable:mad:

Surprized you didn't upload here, well here it is.

Nothing but praise for it as usual like with most of his reviews, although he wishes it has PERS but he thinks the hair looks fine.

Someone like Jacob Rahmier, he did a great job adding the hair on Primes, not to mention the repaint.

How would one contact him, through Facebook? I think the hair needs to be a little more green to and obviously that missing part of his face painted.

I enjoy Justin's reviews but yeah he does tend to think everything is awesome.

Minor nitpick after watching that review is the lack of any paint detailing on the weapons. They should have that brushed metal look just look very plastic.

Just constructive criticisms, still looking forward to displaying the figure with the QS001.

How would one contact him, through Facebook? I think the hair needs to be a little more green to and obviously that missing part of his face painted.

Yeah Facebook, Jacob would be able to resolve all your problems with the hair. Here is his page below. :wink1:

https://www.facebook.com/jacob.rahm...CCCC4T9ZY7uzW-h3SwNhs1ouPhtQis71sWp&tn-str=*F

Only thing is he is very busy, and so it might take him a while to get back to you, after you PM him. He has mentioned to me that he has already been approached by people who want him to do theirs.

I enjoy Justin's reviews but yeah he does tend to think everything is awesome.

Yeah he does, I wish he was more like Dean Knight who tells it how it is, you can still like a figure and point out it's flaws. Justin says it doesn't need rooted hair, it is fine as it is, but the problem is not that hair isn't rooted, its that it isn't sculpted well, it just looks like a lump of clay in that area, doesn't look natural at all.

Minor nitpick after watching that review is the lack of any paint detailing on the weapons. They should have that brushed metal look just look very plastic.

Just constructive criticisms, still looking forward to displaying the figure with the QS001.

Agreed but like you said minor nit pick.

Last edited:
Yeah Facebook, Jacob would be able to resolve all your problems with the hair. Here is his page below. :wink1:

https://www.facebook.com/jacob.rahm...CCCC4T9ZY7uzW-h3SwNhs1ouPhtQis71sWp&tn-str=*F

Only thing is he is very busy, and so it might take him a while to get back to you, after you PM him. He has mentioned to me that he has already been approached by people who want him to do theirs.

Yeah he does, I wish he was more like Dean Knight who tells it how it is, you can still like a figure and point out it's flaws. Justin says it doesn't need rooted hair, it is fine as it is, but the problem is not that hair isn't rooted, its that it isn't sculpted well, it just looks like a lump of clay in that area, doesn't look natural at all.

Agreed but like you said minor nit pick.

Awesome, thanks for the link! He's done some fine work. :)

Great pics. Love the natural lighting, the makeup actually looks a lot better in it. Gives me hope that this will in fact look better in hand.

Thanks! Yea I made sure to take the pics with no outside light source than what was coming through my windows so it looks as close as possible to what I see in hand.

I was wondering since this is probably going to go up in value does any of you know anyone that is ordering multiples just to sell? Maybe around 10 or more of this?

Does anybody know of a good case that will hold this? Walmart has this one for 1/4 figures but it’s 112.00!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/1-4-Scale-Comic-Figurine-Display-Case-20-Tall-All-Glass-Black-Wood-Moulding/363782988

Does anybody know of a good case that will hold this? Walmart has this one for 1/4 figures but it’s 112.00!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/1-4-Scal...-Tall-All-Glass-Black-Wood-Moulding/363782988

Just get a Detolf and modify it. Will cost a whole lot less and you could get 3 Q scales in there! 20181023_182908.jpg

Back