Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/NvqiMAE834g

Watched his review with translated captions on. Here's the gist as I gathered it:

- Overall he's extremely disappointed in the figure because of the head sculpts and likeness.
- Tailoring, stand, accessories are all great. Coat could have been a little longer but nothing major.
- Complains a lot about the face being too narrow and having too pointed of a chin, as well as the hair being too dark and overall not very good looking. No excuse for it to not be better for 1/4 scale.
- Was so hyped that he bought two originally. Already sold one, is thinking about selling this one too.
- Exclusive going for over 1000 euros right now. Says the exclusive is not worth it for the extra head since it doesn't look like Heath Ledger and was not even from a movie scene.
- Apparently he's Belgian, not French?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Watched his review with translated captions on. Here's the gist as I gathered it:

- Overall he's extremely disappointed in the figure because of the head sculpts and likeness.
- Tailoring, stand, accessories are all great. Coat could have been a little longer but nothing major.
- Complains a lot about the face being too narrow and having too pointed of a chin, as well as the hair being too dark and overall not very good looking. No excuse for it to not be better for 1/4 scale.
- Was so hyped that he bought two originally. Already sold one, is thinking about selling this one too.
- Exclusive going for over 1000 euros right now. Says the exclusive is not worth it for the extra head since it doesn't look like Heath Ledger and was not even from a movie scene.

I like this reviewer. Not because I listen to what he says, I don't know what he says. But his video recordings are good and clear and not edited nor cut up too much.

I'm looking at the complete figure as-is out of the box when he pulls it out and I'm just thinking... I'm happy with this.

It looks phenomenal, looks like it's got huge presence. Sure when you zoom into the face the proportions aren't 100%, but when it's zoomed out, and I'm talking about when he goes straight into that pose section, Jesus that's Heath as Joker.

So stoked to get this. For me the video just highlights how great it is. That last pose at the end is great. 96% happy with it.

Watching this video confirms that it is ledger for me and I just can’t wait for the email on when it’s arriving, hopefully by Friday sideshow emails us

Watching this video confirms that it is ledger for me and I just can’t wait for the email on when it’s arriving, hopefully by Friday sideshow emails us
I doubt it will be up Friday. Was released like two weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I think the whole figure looks pretty good in his review! Even the headsculpt looks more realistic! Props to those who have it on preorder looks pretty epic to me..

Took a few pics of mine. Don't see the issue. Looks great in hand to me. Glad to have him in my collection :)

DSC_0321.JPG
DSC_0322.JPG
DSC_0325.JPG
DSC_0337.JPG
DSC_0338.JPG
DSC_0340.JPG

Yeah that looks awesome. Not a real gripe but I’d of preferred the special edition head to have had the full interrogation scene make up applied.
But I’m still glad i ordered the special edition and I can’t wait for sideshow to start shipping these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics. Love the natural lighting, the makeup actually looks a lot better in it. Gives me hope that this will in fact look better in hand.

Yeah, they're legit. I live close to their office and pick all my orders up in person. I've been using Maybang for about six years now for anything Hot Toys-related.

Watching the video I have to pretty much have to agree with everything he said, except that I think the EX pained head looks like Ledger, at least in pics and videos. I just can't see Ledger on the full make up sculpt and I guessing that's mainly because of the head shape. In hand the facial features might shrine through the mob make up sculpt and thus, the likeness might be more noticeable in hand, that was the case with EBs.

Last edited:
Watching the video I have to pretty much have to agree with everything he said, except that I think the EX pained head looks like Ledger, at least in pics and videos. I just can't see Ledger on the full make up sculpt and I guessing that's mainly because of the head shape. In hand the facial features might shrine through the mob make up sculpt and thus, the likeness might be more noticeable in hand, that was the case with EBs.

Are there differences between the two sculpts...other than the paint I mean?

It's still only really the hair that I dislike. Wish they'd have sculpted some strands coming forward over his face and made the green more vibrant.

Yeah, they're legit. I live close to their office and pick all my orders up in person. I've been using Maybang for about six years now for anything Hot Toys-related.
Awesome! I spoke to Peter over the phone when I preordered this Joker figure from him last week and he answered a few questions and assured everything was good. He seems like a good dude and I'm glad I found his store.

Awesome! I spoke to Peter over the phone when I preordered this Joker figure from him last week and he answered a few questions and assured everything was good. He seems like a good dude and I'm glad I found his store.

How much did it cost you? I can't find it in stock anywhere now. Really regret not ordering a second so I could display both looks now.

Back