Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t know if anyone posted this video yet:

Yeah it was posted a few pages back, that's why a lot of people were referring the the review when they were talking about what they did and did not like about the figure. I guessing if you put the EB head on this figure it will end up having a bobble head look, since the HT head is smaller than the EB head. :(

Other than the crappy job on the hair and the coat being a little short I think it's good. The coat colour might be a little more vibrant that the one Ledger wore but I actually prefer it that way.

I think I can rule out buying one of those $900 custom heads but would like to get the two HT heads haired and the EX fully painted. Hopefully that's possible.

Anything is possible but it may be pricey since your adding hair and not just a simple repaint. Shame they couldn't have added bangs on the left side of the head or add a separate part to the hair like the DX11 head, where the hair hangs over part of the face.

Last edited:
Yeah it was posted a few pages back, that's why a lot of people were referring the the review when they were talking about what they did and did not like about the figure. I guessing if you put the EB head on this figure it will end up having a bobble head look, since the HT head is smaller than the EB head. :(

Anything is possible but it may be pricey since your adding hair and not just a simple repaint. Shame they couldn't have added bangs on the left side of the head or add a separate part to the hair like the DX11 head, where the hair hangs over part of the face.

Yes, some hair coming over the face was needed especially on the ex head. It's a shame they can't do decent rooted hair. The rooted hair they gave Wonder Woman is trash.

Yes, some hair coming over the face was needed especially on the ex head.

The way they have done it, just looks strange, its like the way it curls up on the left, looks so unnatural, it looks like its missing a part.

It's a shame they can't do decent rooted hair. The rooted hair they gave Wonder Woman is trash.

I am guessing that's why they have chosen the sculpted hair route now for even their female characters.

Looks like I will be getting...EXACTLY what I pre-ordered two years ago. So I am happy.

To be honest it looks like most the negative comments are from folks who ain’t had any intention of buying it.
I for one can’t wait for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep..one day Hot Toys will hire scientists instead of sculptors and they will figure out a way to cull actual DNA from the actors who played these characters and genetically engineer 1/6 scale unliving tiny human clones of them and stuff them into boxes for display on people's shelves. Until then I will enjoy these very well done figures that are not always 100 percent identical to the characters down to an eye lash but are pretty darn close and look awesome on my shelves.

Well to be fair, if I'm being completely honest some of the people I'm seeing critiquing it quite harshly are either going to purchase a custom or have some form of a custom - which seems to me just blowing hot air out to justify their preferences of paying so much money.

I think those two new photos look stunning. When will the in hand pictures start coming out?

I think it’s more a case of this has very little ledger likeness indeed, same as all other HT TDK jokers.

That coupled with the lacklustre costume.

I’m not pursuing a custom sculpt and/or 1:4 joker.

On the flip side to that comment (which I don’t agree with) is those people praising this are people that have purchased it and trying to convince themselves it’s good/worth it. (Again, not my point of view).

I think it’s more a case of this has very little ledger likeness indeed, same as all other HT TDK jokers.

On the flip side to that comment (which I don’t agree with) is those people praising this are people that have purchased it and trying to convince themselves it’s good/worth it. (Again, not my point of view).

I have a friend whom i gave the DX01 to as a present and he's a big batman die hard fan, he loved the toy and when the toy reached 650 i told him to try and sell it, he didn't because he just thought it was a good figure and he's not in it for reselling it as he keeps his batman collection to enjoy, he agreed it is not completely like ledger, but it is close enough, so for me it is a close enough figure to ledger and i'm happy with the results, hot toys has never been perfect on the sculpt, but it is for me anyways good.

I agree with you to an extent [emoji106]
I wanted this from announcement and it was a day one pre order for me.
I think it looks great and really suits “my” collection.
But I wouldn’t praise it until I actually had it.

Iv ordered several hot toys and cancelled them over the years, when the final figure released & I didn’t like it.

Don’t see the point of buying something I don’t like, but I do see what you are saying.

My only gripe with this figure is it won’t match with my enterbay Batman in scale.
Which in my eyes is far superior to the hot toys version which I got and sold on.

But I can always display them
Separately-adapt & overcome [emoji846]

I have a friend whom i gave the DX01 to as a present and he's a big batman die hard fan, he loved the toy and when the toy reached 650 i told him to try and sell it, he didn't because he just thought it was a good figure and he's not in it for reselling it as he keeps his batman collection to enjoy, he agreed it is not completely like ledger, but it is close enough, so for me it is a close enough figure to ledger and i'm happy with the results, hot toys has never been perfect on the sculpt, but it is for me anyways good.

I genuinely love that and ‘to each his own’.

If people enjoy something and are happy with something then that’s great. It’s all subjective.

The only reason I posted above was because it’s simply not true that people are commenting negatively on this just to justify expensive customs.

:duff

Well, it's in the eye of the beholder, but I think objectively it does have a lot of likeness to Heath. As much critique as Yulli can get for this sculpt, the people who make these aren't frauds and tricksters getting lucky, they're skilled craftsmen, it has a lot of likeness it's just not 100 percent. Also the outfit looks extremely well tailored - not to sound too aggressive in how I say this, but it seems like you're confusing a lacklustre costume with not having a 100 percent match-for-match film authenticity.

Could have chosen better words previously, but I do think some people are just berating it and bigging up the customs, and for some I do think it's because they own or are buying them.

For me, it's like buying a copied and reprinted art work in a general store and paying a reasonable price for it. It's not going to have the best quality, not going to be printed on the best material out there, and you've got the choice to buy an actual piece of the art work from the artist for a considerable amount more, and the colours will be more vibrant and everything will be probably better - well then you can't really compare the two in such fine detail.

Better comparisons would be between this and previous Joker Hot Toys. How can you reasonably compare this to a head sculpt that wouldn't have had any time constraints put on it, without going through any licensing approvals, being able to be individually painted and have rooted hair placed again without any time constraints and able to be done with a lot more care as there are only a few pieces being made.

Just... it's a really dumb comparison in my opinion. As much as I like debate also, it's slightly frustrating seeing people comparing this to so many different customs. I think it's completely fair game to put your opinion across if you don't think it's worth the money or they dropped the ball, just stop bringing customs into it every page - you clearly have no intention for this piece and it's fine (not aimed directly at you Cap'n!)

I just noticed it’s out, I went to buy it off my usual dealer and there asking £850 pounds for it
No chance not a pray

To be honest it looks like most the negative comments are from folks who ain’t had any intention of buying it.
I for one can’t wait for mine

I preordered it and I'm sad. :lol

Not sad enough to cancel my preorder since I just want a Joker to go with my 1/4 Batman.

A lot of the hate as well seems to be from guys with "superior" Jokers than also don't look bang on and sometimes worse.

I just noticed it’s out, I went to buy it off my usual dealer and there asking £850 pounds for it
No chance not a pray

When it comes to Ledger you really have to pre-order. I could never find a DX11 at sensible price on the secondary market. This guy will cost me £400. £100 two years ago, the rest on dispatch. Right now I'm relieved!

Back