Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just for fun other side by side comparison.
a4e76738d642b580edb5959d85a62900.jpg

There are definitely things I love more about the final and then the prototype for sure. But the one thing is the hair still bothers me a bit but just a bit. Other than that I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest thing bothering me is the paint on the eyes. The irises and the eyes are too glossy. I'm loving the tailoring and the sculpt itself. But I'm still not sure in picking this up since he's 1/4 scale and I don't own the 1/4 scale TDKR Batman...

I love how divisive this figure is. I personally think he looks pretty good. Perfect? Nope, but no figure is except for the rarest of cases. I’m excited to have this and QS001 as my Nolanverse Batman representation.

I think like others have mentioned, I might not pre order hot toys anymore. Sooo many of their past releases are softer then my ****! I was truly hoping to see crazy detail in this and it’s just not their for something at this scale. It’s a nice figure other then that and I’m happy for the collectors who need this for their Batman but geez what’s going on with the molds over at hot toys?

I personally think some people are just happy that it finally released and they make themselves see what they want to see due to the excitement. And of course, some do really like it. For me, this doesn't look that much better than the prototype. This is a head sculpt that Hot Toys just simply can't do correctly after a ton of attempts. The tailoring and accessories are excellent and make this figure, not the sculpt. I'll be passing on this.

I take that back. I looked his eyes in all the photos and they’re not PERS.

Hot Toys just cleverly placed the top of pupils partially above the top eyelid so it will give it both looking up and straight forward appearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hair seems to have taken a downgrade from the proto but the face looks much more accurate to Ledger now. I'll take that!

Paint apps a little soft? Yes but the sculpt underneath looks more accurate...at least to me it does. Overall the two sculpts, tailoring of the clothes, ton of accessories I'm very happy.

If someone can mod this with quality rooted hair and maybe more scene specific paint apps it will look pretty amazing I think.

I love it. Rarely do I like the first pics I see of any HT figure but this one, no need to to wait for videos, it’s freaking fantastic. Can’t wait to get him on my shelf. Great job by Hot Toys.

Back