Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping it will get tweaked some more. I have the dx11 and it's a better likeness than this, which is not good. Would be an instant PO if they had nailed it.

I have no idea what is the case with Heath Ledger, but this headsculpt is off, but J.C hong posted one without make up and it's Heath. There is problem with painting i guess, but for me it's a pass, even tho Ive been waiting for it.

edit:

As I sad:

View attachment 354256

There are elements of Heath in the unpainted sculpt but enough areas wrong to throw this off completely.

It just might be one of those cases where it looks weird in some photos but in hand looks excellent, like some older HT figures.

First photos from SDCC make him look like DX01 in 1/4 scale. Hoping it will look better in hand.

It just might be one of those cases where it looks weird in some photos but in hand looks excellent, like some older HT figures.

First photos from SDCC make him look like DX01 in 1/4 scale. Hoping it will look better in hand.

No I don't think so.

Normally con pictures showcase pretty much how stuff looks in hand.

Like how the toy hunter display pics always look better than the HT specs pics.

This needs a complete overhaul. Also appears the coat lining is red?!

Since this has just be revealed for the first time, hopefully they'll try to rework it after hearing all the feedback.

I mean, I don't think nothing will ever touch the Adam Gu one, even the tailoring is out of this world. I can see Heath in the sculpt, 100% with he unpainted version, for me that hair is just killing it, though.

The enterbay joker is horrible but this isn't that much better considering how many years have passed. You think Hot Toys would have knocked it out of the park on this one.

The enterbay joker is horrible but this isn't that much better considering how many years have passed. You think Hot Toys would have knocked it out of the park on this one.

I think the issue is the mouth expression, the hair, and the ears. most jokers have the ears mainly hidden and the hair is a mess right now.

Maybe they will with the final sculpt. It's probably gonna be in production for at least a year before release.

İts only proto guys. It will be better in the future. Believe me were talkin about hot toys, 1/4 scale line is really important for them so dont worry :) the final product will be better.

I think the issue is the mouth expression, the hair, and the ears. most jokers have the ears mainly hidden and the hair is a mess right now.

Do either of you own the Enterbay Joker? It has flaws yes, but all these Photoshop resizing heads ******** is so stupid unless you have something in hand. The Enterbay Joker sculpt in my opinion and I would say most that actually OWN the figure will agree it is the best mass produced Joker Ledger head. It is far from perfect and the jawline is what knocks it most but this HT is missing the soul of the Ledger Joker.

The clothing on the Enterbay Joker is also not bad and at least they got the colors right for the outfit. I am a huge HT fan but got to call balls and strikes fair here, and so far what they have shown is a clear inferior product to Enterbay Joker. That may change in the future but to apologize for this lack of execution is laughable given the number of Jokers they already have released.

I collect 1/6 scale and have a couple premium sideshow statues. Was wondering this 1/4 and bale batman are they statues or figures?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I think this is what they tried going for.

th

It looks like it should be good, but I just don't know why it doesn't look right. It reminds me of that bootleg Joker sculpt that's all over ebay.

U mean this one?

10589663_10204383416364988_906181162_n.jpg

Insanely disappointing considering all the time they had to get his likeness right since the last release. Prime gets the likeness right in one shot, but HT fails after like 10 attempts?

And to think EB came much closer on their first attempt. :lol

That's Adam Gu on Prime1's sculpt. Rumor has it that HT approached him to do Ledger Joker for them and he declined. Prime 1 is 1/2 scale and only 1k units. He knows that if he does more mainstream 1/4 and 1/6 for mass production (who knows how much, but seeing that HT and the fans celebrate the EX Suicide Squad Batman's 3000 units as very limited, then how many could a regular release be), he'd lose most if not all of the clients who pay him $6-7k for a custom sculpt.

Yeah he is quite smart in that way.

Just wait for the 2.0

The tailoring doesn't seem that great for 1/4... maybe it's the futzing.

Honestly the 1/6 looks better overall.

Hopefully they'll improve this for release like their TDK bats.

That's because Kato was not involved in doing the tailoring.

I agree with franpincho. With the amount of people pointing out it's faults, it'll likely get tweaked. Ordering this regardless because it's an awesome set.

Glad to see the shoeblade make a return. :yess: Is that the revolver he gave Harvey in the hospital too?

Even if they tweak it, I highly doubt they will get it to a good likeness level.

Even though this needs work, it looks quite a bit better then enterbay's

U really think so?

edea8b03eb1a76beaac716d78e3e5ea3.jpg

I have no idea what is the case with Heath Ledger, but this headsculpt is off, but J.C hong posted one without make up and it's Heath. There is problem with painting i guess, but for me it's a pass, even tho Ive been waiting for it.

edit:

As I sad:

View attachment 354256

Yeah but even MJ Chois looked like Ledger unpainted.

Jq6mDjA.jpg

And that sculpt sucks.

Ironically, your photoshop shows what is so off about this HT sculpt. The brow shape is wrong as it's angled, when it should be arched, the nose just looks deformed, the lips don't even look accurate and eyes are too small. The only thing that looks accurate is the jaw shape.

if you need a good laugh just look at your enterbay joker

A good laugh really? Then how do you explain the facial accuracy to Primes?

Look at this composition I did with Primes.

mixed.jpg

Everything lines up except the eyes are smaller and brow shape is off. Also the bottom lip protrudes on Primes.

The enterbay joker is horrible but this isn't that much better considering how many years have passed.

The facial likeness on EBs is good, the problem with it is the head shape, its too long and narrow. Here a resculpt where the chin has been reduced and the face has been widen.

$_57hy.JPG

You think Hot Toys would have knocked it out of the park on this one.

Honestly after all their failed attempts why would u think that?

U keep telling yourself that, I can destroy this HT sculpt in a matter of seconds and explain why EBs likeness is way better.

Do either of you own the Enterbay Joker? It has flaws yes, but all these Photoshop resizing heads ******** is so stupid unless you have something in hand.

Well his photoshops are of this HT sculpt, not the EB Joker, so making a statement like he did then posting pics of the HT sculpt photoshopped with the screen shot make absolutely no sense.

The Enterbay Joker sculpt in my opinion and I would say most that actually OWN the figure will agree it is the best mass produced Joker Ledger head. It is far from perfect and the jawline is what knocks it most but this HT is missing the soul of the Ledger Joker.

No it's the head shape and paint job that knocks it the most, the jawline is actually accurate, but because the head is elongated with a long chin, it looks off.

The clothing on the Enterbay Joker is also not bad and at least they got the colors right for the outfit.

IDK man I actually find it rather poor quality. In fact I find the entire figure is of poor quality, it's just that the facial likeness on the sculpt is good.

I am a huge HT fan but got to call balls and strikes fair here, and so far what they have shown is a clear inferior product to Enterbay Joker. That may change in the future but to apologize for this lack of execution is laughable given the number of Jokers they already have released

It sure is.

I looked at it and then I laughed at how a Hot Toys fanboy could think this new offering is better.

Yeah especially when his photoshop showed what was off with the HT sculpt.

Last edited:
Idk i see enterbay joker as someone cosplaying heath joker. They got a body, jaw and hair wrong. Somehow HT just looks better here, i just wish to see a better pics.

Idk i see enterbay joker as someone cosplaying heath joker.

Even with the repaint I posted?

They got a body, jaw and hair wrong. Somehow HT just looks better here, i just wish to see a better pics.

The head shape on the HT is better as it's not skinny and long like the EB, but the facial likeness is horrible, whereas EBs is close. Also what is wrong with the nose on this HT sculpt, its so asymmetrical, the left nostril looks deformed.

Last edited:
regardless how anyone feels about the sculpt. From just an overall quality stand point, I think the HT will be better. Probably won't have the sticky paint issue that EB's had or the 'one leg longer than the other' and it will probably be easier to swap out the hands

Back