Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Looking good
Waiting to finish my display then I'll post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For whatever it's worth, I gave this body (ZC Toys 1 6 Scale Muscular Figure Body Similar to TTM19 for Hot Toys Head Sculpt | eBay) a try, and I love it. I feel like it's in perfect proportion to other figures, and a better representation to Brandon Lee's physique. I chopped the neck off and added just the slightest bit of 'real' hair to the back to make it look a little more filled out. I still have a bit more I'd like to do i.e. add the scar across the nose, tape up the forearms with real electrical tape, tiny tweaks here and there, but I think I'm like a lot of the other collectors when it comes to this figure; I think it looks fantastic with the coat on, but is one of the most abysmal missed opportunities by Hot Toys otherwise because of my fandom for the movie. With the ZC Toys Muscular Body, I finally feel like I have a legitimate Brandon Lee Eric Draven figure...

DSC_0355.jpg
DSC_0356.jpg
DSC_0359.jpg

For whatever it's worth, I gave this body (ZC Toys 1 6 Scale Muscular Figure Body Similar to TTM19 for Hot Toys Head Sculpt | eBay) a try, and I love it. I feel like it's in perfect proportion to other figures, and a better representation to Brandon Lee's physique. I chopped the neck off and added just the slightest bit of 'real' hair to the back to make it look a little more filled out. I still have a bit more I'd like to do i.e. add the scar across the nose, tape up the forearms with real electrical tape, tiny tweaks here and there, but I think I'm like a lot of the other collectors when it comes to this figure; I think it looks fantastic with the coat on, but is one of the most abysmal missed opportunities by Hot Toys otherwise because of my fandom for the movie. With the ZC Toys Muscular Body, I finally feel like I have a legitimate Brandon Lee Eric Draven figure...
View attachment 172172

I don't know, man, that body seems far too swoll/solid for Brandon Lee in The Crow. Not only did he have a lean physique naturally, but he cut weight (including muscle) to be extra skinny for the Crow cause he wanted to look corpse like. He was really skinny in that movie.

I don't know, man, that body seems far too swoll/solid for Brandon Lee in The Crow. Not only did he have a lean physique naturally, but he cut weight (including muscle) to be extra skinny for the Crow cause he wanted to look corpse like. He was really skinny in that movie.

I hear ya. The arms on this body are a little bigger than Brandon's, but only slightly. As a whole, it's very negligible. I think the torso is spot on, and overall is very close in size to the Bruce Lee body, but without the necessity to mod the lower half to get the proper scale. I used an extra Bruce Lee body I have initially, but also ended up having to tailor the clothes quite a bit so that they looked like they fit the way they were supposed to. That's not an issue at all with this body. Everything fits pretty much screen accurate with the slightly bigger body. The head also looks like it's in better scale. Part of that is chopping the neck off and having it sit a little lower, as well as having a better angle on the trapezius muscles leading up to the neck. Ideally, I'd take this body and put Bruce Lee arms on it to have it be (in my opinion) perfect. However, for $30, I think it's as close as you can get. Despite the slightly bigger arms, I think you'd be really happy 'as is' as soon as you had this body outfitted with Eric Draven clothing...

Crow_7.jpg
Crow_13.jpg
DSC_0366.JPG
DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0373.JPG

Man, for some reason I've never pulled the trigger on this guy no matter how many times I see him on the market. Always wanted to put him up with Spawn for my dark, gritty superheroes shelf. Rewatched the movie a few days back. And I MUST have this. Should I know anything? Flaking or something?

Mine is over a year old and all good
Glad I have this figure and something to represent Brandon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back