Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

So... I know i may get beaten up cause of this. I was madly in love with this movie when i first saw it. After like a decade bought a dvd and now when i see it again, i dont feel a punch. The direction is superb and story is fine and again i may suck saying this but the dialog delivery was very poor in the movie. Again, i bought this figure but i am assuming the craze here, may be i need to see it with a fresh mind again.

Just saying ... No hate guys. I bought it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, time can do that to a person's perception of a movie. Each to their own I guess.

I though, still see this a masterpiece of a movie. Brandon is electric in every scene. Even the scenes he wasn't really in at all.

Even with his terrible on-set death, Brandon lee's film still works brilliantly. He had his father's charisma and talent for the arts. It would have been amazing to see just what he would have been capable of.

Its hard to judge the film harshly because filming was shut down. Working with what they had I think they did brilliantly.

I've always been curious how much there was left to film.
They've always given the line that Brandon was basically done shooting but that's just crap. Special features like the 'skull cowboy' show there was more to do but even things that made the finished cut like the black tape on his arms obviously hadn't been filmed yet (left unexplained in the movie even though its in the comic)

I can't wait to display this next to his old man.(DX-04)

Will this be the first true to life father and son team?:(

Will make an awesome but a some-what poignant display.

I can't wait to display this next to his old man.(DX-04)...Will make an awesome but a some-what poignant display.

:exactly: :goodpost:

This is exactly what I would love to do too. Me and many others I suspect. It is fitting that, even if they didn't actually work together in life, they can do so now, and hopefully their most memorable roles.

It seems fitting, both as a display piece and as an ongoing tribute to them.

:exactly: :goodpost:

This is exactly what I would love to do too. Me and many others I suspect. It is fitting that, even if they didn't actually work together in life, they can do so now, and hopefully their most memorable roles.

It seems fitting, both as a display piece and as an ongoing tribute to them.

That's a nice way to put it actually. :duff

There are two soundtracks, BOTH are worth picking up. The score is awesome.
Making a playlist mix of the two is the way to go.

The Cure is one of the BEST bands ever!!! :rock!!
AND NO, it's NOT EMO...:slap

Well, that appears to be a hotly debated subject!

Wiki said:
Emo is a style of rock music characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics. It originated in the mid-1980s hardcore punk movement of Washington, D.C., where it was known as "emotional hardcore" or "emocore" and pioneered by bands such as Rites of Spring and Embrace.

Did The Cure invent Emo?

Cause from what I can tell..Emo seems to have been around for a long time.
When I went to High School..(LONG time ago 80's)
There was always a group of morose, withdrawn teenagres who, no matter how good their life was went aryong wearing black and looking hangdog all the time
Namely Cure Fans
I know they are popular and all but as a (Reallly) Old school Metalhead...I never got the appeal
So..what do You think..has Emo been around since the 80's?
Is The Cure the father of FOB and MCR?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Technically speaking, no. The credit (or blame) depending on how you view the evolution of emo would have to go to Fugazi and Ian Mackaye. I'm sure he feels horrible about the mutated monster he set in motion. I forgive him and hope you will too. Hopefully the guilt isn't preventing him from making a new Fugazi album.

Yet, from a standpoint of common sense, if you were to take the word "emo" and really think hard which bands embraced overly negative emotions, two jump right out at you; The Cure and The Smiths. Both bands had two of the mopiest dudes you'd ever want to drown your sorrows out with.

Emo-Goth:

Older Emo Goth's tend more towards The Cure, Interpol, Depeche Mode, Siouxie and the Banshees, Nirvana and Jimmy Eat World

Emo music is something that is rather ambiguously defined. It can be something that has heavy punk chords and influence such as what we've heard from the Sex Pistols, but it can also be something with soft melodic characteristics like what we've heard from the Cure.

The Cure have been going strong now for over 20 years, writing songs that could make any 16 year old boy break into tears, even the football players. Their catchy guitar riffs and honest, emotional vocals have been mimicked by almost every emo artist to date. Another band from across the pond that has definitely influenced the emo music scene is Depeche Mode. They might be a primarily electronic band, but their moody lyrics and loner style has crept into every facet of the emo scene.

Emo music got its roots from punk rock and the infusion of indie rock. The genre developed in the early 1980’s arguably from such influences as the Cure and Sunny Day Real Estate.

https://www.emo-corner.com/emo-music/

Who knows?

I never really intentionally listened to much of that music. But it fits the mood of The Crow.

Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Some one just included nirvana in the same category... Ooops...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I love how 'emo' can have such negative connotations that fans of it will argue for hours that their particular favourite band is definitely not emo :D

...while at the same time also being enraged if their favourite band cheer up a little. Damn it was funny seeing My Chemical Romance morph into day-glo Grant Morrison inspired comic book heroes and the fan outrage that caused :D

Perfect background music for a photoshoot of this figure when it arrives. :D

mj-laughing.gif

Back