Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i'm sticking with the hair is too short.it was shoulder length all round.and outer lips and lines should be darker..not nit picking just giving my opinion.

That's the only pose I can see the expression working really well with though...

There are some other decent poses in the official pics like these:

935101_10151514682052344_1566152775_n.jpg

66743_10151514682332344_83620181_n.jpg

Eh, it works. It seems like HT angled the head down in quite a few of those shots, making the head appear more squat and getting rid of those cheekbones. But they're there, that OMG pic is proof of it. Likeness looks perfect head-on. Even the makeup is better that way. I remember in the movie how different things like that and the hair looked throughout, depending on how his head was tilted.

Alright.. didn't want to say anything without watching the movie again, since it's been about a year. Watched it.

I'm going to agree with those who say the nitpicks on this are stupid.

I'm all for complaining about things that are off.

For instance, the bullet not being in the hair is bothering me, along with the lack of decent accessories.

But the hair is fine.
And the teeth are fine.
And the expression is fine.

I don't want stupid rooted hair that will never lay right. I want it just as they did it, sculpted, and it's a good length to be accurate and out of the way for posing. In fact, in many shots from the movie, his hair looks shorter than the figures does. The reasons for this are the hair being either wet, or more dry. Anyone who has ever had long hair can attest to how that works, especially on a movie where they drenched him over and over.

The teeth are not horse teeth from the pictures I can see. They are pretty accurate from all accounts. Look at the scenes in the movie when Brandon smiles, laughs, etc. His teeth were not small, and they did show a great deal every time he smiled.

And as for the expression, of course we'd all have liked a neutral sculpt. But we didn't get it. And most of us would prefer a more dynamic sculpt than something boring and only good for one sad/standing pose. The toothy smile is not only an expression from MULTIPLE points and fights in the movie, it's extremely memorable and seared into many of our brains.

Seriously. Be thankful we are getting anything. And feel free to nitpick. But I know the trend, and this is heading to the "I won't buy this because the teeth are too big" route.. which is insane. The figure looks great.

If you don't associate this expression with the film then I'm sorry, but you just don't know the film.

That's a great way to critique someone's argument. We can all have different views of the film. I always find it hilarious when a custom or official figure of some movie comes out and suddenly it's a huge surge of "hardcore diehard" fans that come out no nowhere, all changing their avatars and sigs to match the movie and go on and on about how much of a grail the figure is, showing off their random wikipedia knowledge and spamming pictures, etc...

That's a great way to critique someone's argument. We can all have different views of the film. I always find it hilarious when a custom or official figure of some movie comes out and suddenly it's a huge surge of "hardcore diehard" fans that come out no nowhere, all changing their avatars and sigs to match the movie and go on and on about how much of a grail the figure is, showing off their random wikipedia knowledge and spamming pictures, etc...

It's because your argument is invalid. He makes this expression countless times in the film and is instantly recognisable.

Perhaps it's just fans of the film rejoicing and showing their celebration that a high quality 1/6 is being made but yeh, we could always be over analytical and cynical if you prefer. We can't have an avatar for each of our favourite films all at once now can we?

Giving knowledge and ref pics in a thread to help better a HT figure? Gadzooks the very thought! That's a first eh....

Why does he have the One Ring of Sauron?

:lol

Alright.. didn't want to say anything without watching the movie again, since it's been about a year. Watched it.

I'm going to agree with those who say the nitpicks on this are stupid.

I'm all for complaining about things that are off.

For instance, the bullet not being in the hair is bothering me, along with the lack of decent accessories.

But the hair is fine.
And the teeth are fine.
And the expression is fine.

I don't want stupid rooted hair that will never lay right. I want it just as they did it, sculpted, and it's a good length to be accurate and out of the way for posing. In fact, in many shots from the movie, his hair looks shorter than the figures does. The reasons for this are the hair being either wet, or more dry. Anyone who has ever had long hair can attest to how that works, especially on a movie where they drenched him over and over.

The teeth are not horse teeth from the pictures I can see. They are pretty accurate from all accounts. Look at the scenes in the movie when Brandon smiles, laughs, etc. His teeth were not small, and they did show a great deal every time he smiled.

And as for the expression, of course we'd all have liked a neutral sculpt. But we didn't get it. And most of us would prefer a more dynamic sculpt than something boring and only good for one sad/standing pose. The toothy smile is not only an expression from MULTIPLE points and fights in the movie, it's extremely memorable and seared into many of our brains.

Seriously. Be thankful we are getting anything. And feel free to nitpick. But I know the trend, and this is heading to the "I won't buy this because the teeth are too big" route.. which is insane. The figure looks great.

So say we all. :goodpost:

It's because your argument is invalid. He makes this expression countless times in the film and is instantly recognisable.

Perhaps it's just fans of the film rejoicing and showing their celebration that a high quality 1/6 is being made but yeh, we could always be over analytical and cynical if you prefer. We can't have an avatar for each of our favourite films all at once now can we?

Giving knowledge and ref pics in a thread to help better a HT figure? Gadzooks the very thought! That's a first eh....

And I'm sure he makes the sad or serious expressions countless +1 times in the film too. There's probably plenty of frames of Tony Stark with his eyes closed and screaming out in pain every time he's hurt in the Iron Man movies. Hot Toys should sculpt that face he makes it so often it's a good representation of the character.

And yes you are being overly analytical just not of the figure. This thread is the same if not worse than nearly every Rainman thread.

He does. I did not say he didn't?

I'm just sick already of the whining of the expression choice. Your argument again does not hold up. If you understand the character, better if you've read the GN, then you will see HT have picked a great expression to represent him. Trying not to be condescending, just honest.

If the thread is 'so bad' you don't have to be here ya know. Right?

Last edited:
Monger, i'm sorry, but Snake Eater is right about this. That expression is exactly what a lot of us wanted from a figure like this. I will absolutely say that I am not an expert on this.

But then again, it's one of my favorite films, and i've seen in over 60 times. Including this morning. So I can say with some pretty good authority that you need to go back and watch the movie a few more times.

The first few times I watched the movie, it was on VHS, and you could barely see any of the details we are talking about. But i've got multiple versions of the film, all of which I checked this morning in excitement!

I'm just glad he comes with a Crow.

Seeing this pictures reminded me of when I acidentally watched like half of this movie when I was 11 and couldn't sleep for like three nights. Really a fan of this figure so far though.

Back