Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, another neat spare hand would be one with a bullet hole through it. Really lots of possibilities, but honestly I'm content with what we've got...though I do hope they extend the hair, even if it's just a tiny bit.

I want to make a whole diorama once I get this. Either a roof top or an alleyway :)

7339636_orig.gif

Yeah I'm going to hunt down some of the guns he used in the film. Even though he doesn't come with trigger finger hands, there are a few scenes in the film where he doesn't have the electrical tape on his hands, namely when Funboy shoots Eric's hand...not sure if any of them were during gun fights but at least it wouldn't be horribly inaccurate.

I think HT looked at older pictures of Brandon Lee because there are some shots of him that look a little chubbier. That, combined with the smile and the less-than-accurate make-up are throwing the likeness off.

We basically got this:

brandon_lee_1732482.jpg

brandon-lee-sized.jpg

Instead of this:

brandon-lee.jpg

Brandon_Lee.jpg

It's still Brandon, just not the one from '94. Hoping they'll tweak it a little.

He does not have the tape right up until the bathroom scene.

The reason for it is they cut the scene where he takes a straight razor to his wrists and then binds them up. This was straight from the GN.

Brandon Lee doesn't look Asian enough.

Looks too much like Tom Cruise. Pass.

I think HT looked at older pictures of Brandon Lee because there are some shots of him that look a little chubbier. That, combined with the smile and the less-than-accurate make-up are throwing the likeness off.

We basically got this:

brandon_lee_1732482.jpg

brandon-lee-sized.jpg

Instead of this:

brandon-lee.jpg

Brandon_Lee.jpg

It's still Brandon, just not the one from '94. Hoping they'll tweak it a little.

Good call. Hopefully HT tweak before release.

Rooted hair would have went a long way for this one. Being able to make the hair look messier and fall on the face would add A LOT to the figure. Plus it could be long without hindering articulation. If they were only going to do one expression, this huge Joker smile was a bad choice.

After having just watched the movie I think the expression on the headsculpt is perfect. He has that evil smile most of the time during the movie. It would have been nice if they included another more serious headsculpt but I prefer the one they went with.

He died 93.

Wow... wow... really?
The nit-pickiing on this figure is beyond ridiculous...
Short hair?
Chubby?
Horse teeth?
People just don't know how to enjoy the hobby anymore... pathetic!
:slap

It's perfect in my eyes!

Good call. Hopefully HT tweak before release.

Or give us a second sculpt, his face does have a different shape when the muscles are relaxed.

Having all of this said, the pictures OMG posted from the con look fantastic, much better than the official photos. I'm still thinking there's a possibility HT's photographer just rushed the whole presentation.

He died 93. :wink1:

Touché.

Or give us a second sculpt, his face does have a different shape when the muscles are relaxed.

Having all of this said, the pictures OMG posted from the con look fantastic, much better than the official photos. I'm still thinking there's a possibility HT's photographer just rushed the whole presentation.

Indeed.

As will the toy hunters window display pics. They always look best.

I think the hair is fine. I know some people think the hair looks a bit short, but his hair doesn't always look the same (like the joker in TDK). Also, the hair should be "short" in front and long at the back, but again, it depends on the scene. I like the figure a lot :D

Wow... wow... really?
The nit-pickiing on this figure is beyond ridiculous...
Short hair?
Chubby?
Horse teeth?
People just don't know how to enjoy the hobby anymore... pathetic!
:slap

Don't come to threads if you aren't prepared to read criticism. Most of the people here are really passionate about this license. The teeth and hair length are valid complaints.

Sounds like your idea of enjoying a hobby is getting some KY and taking that $240 right where the sun doesn't shine. No reason to bow down to the company. We should expect very high quality for the prices.

My main problem with this expression is that I just don't associate it with this character, I do it with Joker. Yes Brandon makes a big smile a few times in the movie, but that doesn't mean it is a good expression to choose. I honestly think Hot Toys had the Joker in mind when doing this and probably want to try to get people who own one to get the other. When I think of this character, I imagine a much more serious appearance or a very subtle smile. Hell the makeup smiles already he doesn't need to do it as well.

Almost every pose you do with this expression is going to look awkward, aside from maybe the generic arms raised out while walking pose.

Well, my points have been made. And they could very well be detablable because when I see shots like this...

AnicomL15_zps75f1217c.jpg~original

...the figure looks absolutely flawless. I'm betting it is. And we've got a long road from now until release.

Well, my points have been made. And they could very well be detablable because when I see shots like this...

AnicomL15_zps75f1217c.jpg~original

...the figure looks absolutely flawless. I'm betting it is. And we've got a long road from now until release.

That's the only pose I can see the expression working really well with though...

Back