Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love the figure and can't wait to get it! However, I'm not sure about the boots. Are they accurate to the film? Because they look more like new designer boots, rather old/classic combat boots.

They looks just like these new Steve Madden boots

I always thought he wore old combat boots like these with the round tip, not flat like the photo above.

Even the old NECA figure gave him the old combat boot look with the round tip.

Not sure what to think... :(

Last edited:
1511196_641782602550400_1960593756_n.jpg

1526106_641782789217048_167874393_n.jpg

539120_641782882550372_1441418504_n.jpg

1525737_641782935883700_1664633518_n.jpg

1536437_641783325883661_151344359_n.jpg

Can't get tired of these pictures!!! It will be a long wait until it gets here...

The only thing that kind of bothers me about the figure is that his body looks disproportionate and "custom-y" when the coat's off. And even when it's on, you can tell the tailoring isn't as good as it is on say, the T-800's jacket. Compare the stitching and flimsiness of the lapels for instance.

It's not a huge deal and some OCD futzing should take care of it, but it won't look as good as their other releases straight out of the box.

Damn! I was right, they gave him the wrong boots. The ones in the film have the round tip, unlike the figure :(

I have those boots also in 1/6 scale that was real leather with real laces that I was originally gonna use for my custom crow, but I scrapped it and used it on my Freddy Krueger.
Now I cant find those boots. ung...

Figure looks great. Three nitpicks though.

1) When the coat is off he looks a little too skinny giving the figure a bobble head affect.

2) He seems short. Like his whole body is kinda squished down.

3) No weapons. Come on, not even the sword?

I have those boots also in 1/6 scale that was real leather with real laces that I was originally gonna use for my custom crow, but I scrapped it and used it on my Freddy Krueger.
Now I cant find those boots. ung...

Not so fast. The figure might be accurate. I found this photo and the boots look more like the ones on the figure. They have the flat tip, not round like in the scene with the cat. Now I have a theory :lol They used different boots during the filming. The scene in the photo is Brandon Lee, but the guy in the cat scene and many other scenes in the beginning of the film was a different person. So after Brandon Lee died, they stopped the production of the film, by the time they went back to shooting all the new scenes with a new "actor", they gave him different boots, which might explain why they look different in some scenes. Or maybe, I'm crazy.

Last edited:
I think you're on to something there, from what i know a lot of the apartment scene was done with a replacement actor when they decided to finish the movie after Brandon's death so i bet its a continuity mistake by the film crew going with different/wrong boots.

Not so fast. The figure might be accurate. I found this photo and the boots look more like the ones on the figure. They have the flat tip, not round like in the scene with the cat. Now I have a theory :lol They used different boots during the filming. The scene in the photo is Brandon Lee, but the guy in the cat scene and many other scenes in the beginning of the film was a different person. So after Brandon Lee died, they stopped the production of the film, by the time they went back to shooting all the new scenes with a new "actor", they gave him different boots, which might explain why they look different in some scenes. Or maybe, I'm crazy.

You're absolutely correct.
Brandon never made it to the apartment after his character came back from the grave. Once the character make it to the apartment, that's the body double. That's why you hardly see his face when he was on his way back to the apartment. When he was walking around in the apartment, you see a lot of it in "first person" perspective, and when they pan on him, you can hardly see his face. And the ones that do show his face, that was when they imposed Brandon's face on the double's body.
So the guy who doubled for Brandon are wearing different boots.

The shot where he pats the Gabriel you posted, that's the body double.
You nailed it man, great job.

Figure looks great. Three nitpicks though.

1) When the coat is off he looks a little too skinny giving the figure a bobble head affect.

2) He seems short. Like his whole body is kinda squished down.

3) No weapons. Come on, not even the sword?

ITS against his copy wrights to release for the weapons to be included. I believe on behalf of the family. I Heard long ago...

You're absolutely correct.
Brandon never made it to the apartment after his character came back from the grave. Once the character make it to the apartment, that's the body double. That's why you hardly see his face when he was on his way back to the apartment. When he was walking around in the apartment, you see a lot of it in "first person" perspective, and when they pan on him, you can hardly see his face. And the ones that do show his face, that was when they imposed Brandon's face on the double's body.
So the guy who doubled for Brandon are wearing different boots.

The shot where he pats the Gabriel you posted, that's the body double.
You nailed it man, great job.

I worked on the movie and can tell you this first hand.

There were different versions of the same boots used yes, but not for the reasons you are mentioning.

The primary differences I noticed were the running boots which were modified for better grip and safety. All the boots Brandon wore were the same type of boot, but had different appearance due to whatever alterations were made.

After Brandon was killed and Dream Quest Images was employed to morph Brandon's face into the body double they were given a couple complete costumes for reference. The costume came with a couple different versions of boots, tops and jacket. All outfits were worn by Brandon and each was slightly different depending on use which lended to some obvious discrepancies.

The movie was made on a low budget so continuity sometimes took a back seat. On a side note. When a dream Quest was done with all the reference materials (wardrobe, storyboards, scripts, and photos) they tossed them in the dumpster. I fished them all out, kept one complete outfit and sold off the rest. The outfit is one of my best pieces.

:goodpost:

I worked on the movie and can tell you this first hand.

There were different boots used yes, but not for the reasons you are mentioning.

There were running boots which were modified for better grip and safety. After Brandon was killed and Dream Quest Images was employed to morph Brandon's face into the body double they were given a complete costume for reference. The costume came with a couple different versions of boots, tops and jacket. All outfits were worn by Brandon and each was slightly different depending on use which lended to some obvious discrepancies.

The movie was made on a low budget so continuity sometimes took a back seat. On a side note. When a dream Quest was done with all the reference materials (wardrobe, storyboards, scripts, and photos) they tossed them in the dumpster. I fished them all out, kept one complete outfit and sold off the rest. The outfit is one of my best pieces.

:goodpost:

:goodpost: So are the boots on the figure accurate?

Back