Hot Toys TFA Episode 7 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Force Awakens figures Episode 7?

So excited for new figures for the force awakens [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Instagram: soysith

It's probably just there to make him look like he's kept together with spare parts. LOL@ people worried about aesthetics.

38 year lineage... Plenty of opportunities to have him "kept together with spare parts" that were red in the past.

Not worried about "aesthetics" - worried that Disney have simply done it to make money on the toys - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.

Maybe the robot hand TFA Chewy has is 3PO's, and 3PO uses a leftover red battle droid hand he had from 30 years earlier on Geonosis? It would a be nice homage to such a memorable scene.

38 year lineage... Plenty of opportunities to have him "kept together with spare parts" that were red in the past.

Not worried about "aesthetics" - worried that Disney have simply done it to make money on the toys - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.

They are gonna make plenty of $ on toys without worrying about 3po's arm color. Doesn't take A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO SEE THAT.
I'm sure the board meetings were "Hey logistics is worried about 3po ep7 sales, get on it Johnson. Sir what if we just make his arm red, the nerds will eat it up? Johnson you're a genius!!

Seriously let's not over-think things. Could it be for sales? Sure. Is it? Doubtful.
It just shows randomness and is a change up is all i'm sure.

So, with the Hasbro 6" Stormtrooper figure actually being available at comic con, you'd have to think the 1/6 scale companies would be allowed to show TFA prototypes. Curious if we'll just see the Stormtrooper or some others characters from the trailers.

So, with the Hasbro 6" Stormtrooper figure actually being available at comic con, you'd have to think the 1/6 scale companies would be allowed to show TFA prototypes. Curious if we'll just see the Stormtrooper or some others characters from the trailers.

I believe the first HT TFA shown will be a stormtrooper. Easy to show without giving away the plot.

I believe the first HT TFA shown will be a stormtrooper. Easy to show without giving away the plot.

Question for me is will we see it at SDCC. If HT were planning on any TFA SDCC reveals I would have expected Leia to have been revealed by now.

Me too. I'm also wondering if any TFA figures will be shown at SDCC.

Announcing an Ep. VII Stomrtrooper during SDCC with a holiday 2015 release would be...

269-crazy-black-kid-surprise-birthday.gif

Announcing an Ep. VII Stomrtrooper during SDCC with a holiday 2015 release would be...

269-crazy-black-kid-surprise-birthday.gif

Not sure if these new Duck Troopers will have that effect on many collectors. Why are their weapons color coordinated to their outfits? These Duck Troopers are almost as disappointing as the Rainbow Bright Clones.:monkey4

Not sure if these new Duck Troopers will have that effect on many collectors. Why are their weapons color coordinated to their outfits? These Duck Troopers are almost as disappointing as the Rainbow Bright Clones.:monkey4

Yeah, it's not like any collectors bought any of those clone troopers...wait... :p

Yeah, it's not like any collectors bought any of those clone troopers...wait... :p

Exactly. People can deny it all they want but Star Wars fans will spend. Plus, all these "duck jokes" aside, fans seem very pleased with these designs so far.

Hasbro's printing money with Stormtrooper exclusive, Sideshow wouldn't have any problems.

Exactly. People can deny it all they want but Star Wars fans will spend. Plus, all these "duck jokes" aside, fans seem very pleased with these designs so far.

Hasbro's printing money with Stormtrooper exclusive, Sideshow wouldn't have any problems.

Many fans around here remember the last time so much "new SW" hope was so wrapped up in so much merchandise. Age brings equal measure of wisdom and cynicism.:lol

And there's really nothing to be NOT pleased about TFA designs so far - they're just the old OT designs with a slight tweak... reverse the black/white color scheme of a TIE fighter and give the pilot's helmet one tube, not two. They're less "new" than any of the PT stuff that was OT-inspired. George is kicking himself that he didn't think of chrome-plating a stormie back in the day. Well, Kenner did (along with Blackhole Stormies) but he rejected the idea...

20t012h.jpg

Ep 7 Stormtrooper here!!

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 275

I actually want an ep7 over the older stormie. Just kinda looking forward to some new stuff. (but the movie has to be good first)

Oh, and those flametroopers are gonna sell like a mother****er.

As far as 1/6 figures from TFA, I can see myself interested in Kylo Ren, a new Stormtrooper, Rey (if she's a Skywalker) and possibly (depending on the character design), Snoke.

But more than any of these, I'm absolutely pining for a proper Hot Toys take on an old, bearded Master Luke. That's my sort of 1/6 Holy Grail right now.

And my hope is that HT will be making a ROTJ Jedi Luke in the near future, that I might display the two Jedi Lukes -- young and old -- together, side-by-side. How cool would that be?

Back