Hot Toys Terminator Salvation: Marcus Wright

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we getting two different Marcus figures or is it going to be a Superman Returns 2-1 type of pack?

From the teaser pics we have Marcus in:

t4-01-590x367.jpg

and

t4-23-590x391.jpg

i think i'd rather have the trenchcoat. it might just be me, but it makes the character stand out more as an individual with his trademark coat.

i think i'd rather have the trenchcoat. it might just be me, but it makes the character stand out more as an individual with his trademark coat.

It could very well come with the trench and an extra head w/ no damage, like Harvey/Two-Face.

that's what i'm really hoping for. two heads!!!

As far as i'm concerned every single Hot Toys release should come with 2 heads, always! Material wise it doesn't cost a heck of alot to include a bonus sculpt. If they want to "beat" a time where people are cutting back on collecting I think it makes sense.

Every figure should be a DX release imo.

I find the trenchcoat has more presence and makes for a more interesting character look, the other outfit really only has impact because of half his face being ripped away.

As far as i'm concerned every single Hot Toys release should come with 2 heads, always! Material wise it doesn't cost a heck of alot to include a bonus sculpt. If they want to "beat" a time where people are cutting back on collecting I think it makes sense.

unless its the joker, then it deserves 4,5,6?......different versions.:google :D

In theory, I agree, go all out, however, given the roughly $20-$30 higher cost, I'd rather not. Given what little we know the DX line is about right now, I don't see any reason we can't get a solid standard release figure for most characters, and the savings versus if they were all at DX level, would add up to almost a whole other figure after about 5-6 figures, which HT seems to entice with for me every year.

The whole purpose of the DX Line is to sell the same figure twice( and make more monies ). So releasing everything as a DX would not make any sense. You will never see a first release of a new figure as a DX, they want to keep you coming back for more.

Also only really important characters will get DX version. Characters with name recognition. A figure they could sell to someone whos never heared of Hot Toys but still knows the character. Marcus Wright is brand new, he's not worthy of the investment.

Hi,

Excellent pics and I'm soooo looking forward to seeing this movie and getting these figures.

I agree with a few of the others here that Marcus Wright is going to be BIG and this figure is going to be HOT.

Personally I would like to see it as a DX figure and I'm sure it would be more than worth the investment by HT.

The word out is that Sam IS the lead in this movie and makes the movie more than anyone else.

I was very disappointed with most of the Playmates figures so I was ecstatic when I found out HT were going to be doing T4 figures.

This will be THE movie of the year form me.

Well I'm sure he'll be a badass, but I mean fans are not familiar with him yet. So I don't think Hot Toys would take a risk on a character thats not a sure thing. Maybe after the second movie, if theres higher demand.

From figures.com
I'm pretty sure he'll have two outfits and heads.
On Tommy Richardson's blog he mentions this as an "all-in-one version"

139.jpg

Hot Toys has revealed the above images of the forthcoming Terminator: Salvation - Marcus figure. The 100th entry in the Movie Masterpiece Series, this figure is sure to be a fan-favorite of Terminator fans and 1/6 scale collectors alike.

It's the coolest looking sculpt I've seen from HT, and they've done some awesome stuff thus far.

I just love battle damaged cyborgs. Please do a T2 Arnie, HT. Please?

The whole purpose of the DX Line is to sell the same figure twice( and make more monies ). So releasing everything as a DX would not make any sense. You will never see a first release of a new figure as a DX, they want to keep you coming back for more.

Wholly disagree. I believe if HT have plans for a DX of a character, we will only get the DX.

The Joker was a one off as they wanted to improve what they already did on the V1 and kickstart the new DX line. I can't see HT ^^^^ing us over on a regular basis.

That is the entire reason the DX line exist. Think about it, why would it be necessary to established a brand new line. They could have just released DX Joker without the the 'DX' name as a regular MMS. But people would be like " Dude, I have Joker already, I'm done" So they call it DX , now its a must have.

It doesn't make any sense for them to release the 'Ultimate' version of a figure first, cause then why would you buy the standard version. Their next DX figure is Batman. We ALREADY bought batman, but their selling it to us again, and we will buy.:monkey5

Also DX Joker isn't just for people who want the best one, its also for people who want 'the Joker set'. This piece completes the collection, the grand finale. If you already got the other two, you just HAVE to get the last one. First they feed the bait, then a little more then BAM they drop the premium priced figure, with all the bells and whistles, all the mistakes corrected, its perfect. You can't afford NOT to buy it! MMMWHHAHAHAHHA :emperor

Its a formula, I'm not saying its a scam cause everything they put out is quality imo. Just saying its a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back