Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know that I'd say that's a true statement. A bit too generalized don't you think? Some people could say the same if you don't own anything and everything that has terminator on it, from a toothbrush, to lunch box, boxers, plates, cups etc.

Everyone has different tastes and while some people will collect whatever they like in any scale, others may want to stick with a certain scale for a multitude of reasons. I stick with 1/6 for example because of space restriction.
In a nutshell, P. basically said that 1/6 figures were the only thing worth collecting. That's narrow minded.

And this.
"no, basically i'm just saying that people who like 1/4 have no reason to say what they say:" I take that a little personally. You can collect only 1/6 if that is your preference, but don't tell me that everything else is a waste of time and I shouldn't tout its virtues.

you meant true toy fans? being a terminator fan doesn't lead to collecting toys directly. :lol
anyway, so what? i don't care what you collect, while some 1/4 collectors always do care what and why others collect, as i quoted above.

Though you do tend to be the first to jump in with a negative comment at the first sign of interest expressed in a 1/4 figure. I'm sure that lends to reactionary comments like the one you are referring to.

This line is likely going to be a one off in 1/6 anyway. If anything, I imagine HT would want to do T2 Arnie in 1/4, being the most recognizable Terminator. Depends on the status of the license for that one though.

Alright, before we get too far adrift here, people should be able to collect what they want. There shouldn't be any "right thing" to collect. Nobody should be making generalizations about what is good and what is not. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about a specific 1/6 figure, or 1/4 statue, etc., but saying a whole class of something is not worth the time of day doesn't sit well with me. I apologize P. if your comments were aimed more at others who were being narrow minded. Last time I checked this forum was not OSW.

Don't even bother trying to argue or make sence of P. Waste of time. My response was only to his narrow minded comment.
1/6 or 1/4, figure or statue, whatever floats you're boat. Just hope hot toys will produce more Terminator goodness in 1/4!

I only collect 1/6 mainly because of price and space issues. But I'm all for 1/4 scale collectors getting their Terminator dues. I just doubt that HT will take on another police station Terminator.

I only collect 1/6 mainly because of price and space issues. But I'm all for 1/4 scale collectors getting their Terminator dues. I just doubt that HT will take on another police station Terminator.

Well they didn't really give us the "I'll be back" version. Initially, the 1/6 version was touted as more of the tanker truck version with the police station head as an alternate. Anyway, we never got a clean jacket and shirt to make the "definitive scene" Terminator.

I think that was more a slip up/oversight than anything else. The figure came with the Police station head and hands on, and the figure isn't weathered to the tanker truck scene.

Same, my entire collection is 1/6 figures. I kinda want them all to be in scale with each other

I still want Sarah Connor from the new movie. Even if the movie ends up being a let down, at least she's attractive!

:exactly: I love Emilia I need a 1/6 new Sarah

I hope they show us something soon. I got a good feeling we'll get Emilia. They've made most of the human characters from all of the other Terminator movies so...hopefully they continue the trend.

What Terminator fan wouldn't want a battle damaged old man T-800 on the shelf? Regardless of the flicks quality, Arnold looks awesome.

I'm curious about how HT will sculpt an old man T-800. They love to idealise things so I'm inclined to think it won't be 100% accurate, particularly not if they go with the usual ball-joint head. How do you sculpt a turkey-necked ball-joint head. They didn't do it with Nicholson.

What Terminator fan wouldn't want a battle damaged old man T-800 on the shelf? Regardless of the flicks quality, Arnold looks awesome.

You know there are times when I am able to step back from all the stupidity of Genisys and just realize that there is an actual Terminator movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger coming out that I have yet to see. Sure it'll suck compared to T1 and T2 but...new Terminator movie starring Arnold. That reality alone is guaranteed to get me in a theater on opening weekend.

I'm curious about how HT will sculpt an old man T-800. They love to idealise things so I'm inclined to think it won't be 100% accurate, particularly not if they go with the usual ball-joint head. How do you sculpt a turkey-necked ball-joint head. They didn't do it with Nicholson.

I have no idea. However, I do feel confident that HT will somehow turn his hair...

t-110931102.jpg

...into a fro. Sorta like...

Laugh-Arnold-internetjedi.org_.gif

I wonder how many version they'll make, they can make one with a young and old sculpt

Back