Hot Toys Terminator: Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jai Courtney is so wrong for life in general, let alone this film. Should have been Wilson Bethel. At least he looks like Michael Biehn. When they announced Courtney I thought 'that's the first mistake they've made.'

Jai Courtney is so wrong for life in general, let alone this film. Should have been Wilson Bethel. At least he looks like Michael Biehn. When they announced Courtney I thought 'that's the first mistake they've made.'

He does look like young Biehn, and he was even born in 1984... it's like it was written in the stars.

The whole premise of the film is a bad joke anyway so the casting of Reese makes little difference but yeah, looked him up, good choice, strong resemblance there. Instead they went with someone who looks almost as far from Michael Biehn as it can get within the parameters of caucasian male and they didn't even bother to make him grow his hair.

Last edited:
no, because
1) there are so many unfinished collections in 1/6.
2) the bigger the figure - the bigger the mistakes.
3) HT doesn't know what 1/4 means, they think it's 1/5.
4) 1/4 is a freaky scale looking a lot more like a doll than 1/6.
5) why would somebody need 325 iron mans in 1/4? that would be the only branch produced anyway :D

So basically you're just saying it's not your taste. I personally like them although I only own one of them so far. It's kind of a "only the best of the best" scale for me in which a T1 Terminator would fit nicely. :)

YFB has a penchant for Jyle Reeseny - the HT 'commando run' exclusive no less. :lecture

I expect HT to get everything right. And I do mean everything...

P0IbwYG.gif

no, basically i'm just saying that people who like 1/4 have no reason to say what they say:

True Terminator fans are not narrow minded. Give me 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1/1. Sorry, as much as I like 1/6, I'm not going to be an idiot and pass up something good.

I still want Sarah Connor from the new movie. Even if the movie ends up being a let down, at least she's attractive!

I'm not a big fan of high end 1/4 figures. I've owned a few, mostly Enterbay, and sold them after a few months of ownership. I just wasn't into them and am kind of biased against 1/4 dolls in general.

However, out of the ones I owned, I did end up keeping the Hot Toys QS 001. It is a QUALITY figure. Better than all their 1/6 Batman figs. If Hot Toys put out a nice 1/4 T1 Terminator, I'd buy it. I bet the Arnold likeness would be superb and it certainly is iconic enough to be put in a larger scale format. It's not on any of my wish lists, but I would be hard pressed to say no. Same would go for a QS Keaton Batman or even a Battle Damaged Robo Murphy.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of 1/4 figures either, but I'd most definitely buy a 1/4 T1 Arnold Terminator. I'm sure the likeness and overall detail would be much improved from the 1/6 version as well. I think it will happen eventually, it's only a matter of time. HT knows anything Terminator sells. Didn't we see a preview of his guns a while ago?

True Terminator fans are not narrow minded. Give me 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1/1. Sorry, as much as I like 1/6, I'm not going to be an idiot and pass up something good.
you meant true toy fans? being a terminator fan doesn't lead to collecting toys directly. :lol
anyway, so what? i don't care what you collect, while some 1/4 collectors always do care what and why others collect, as i quoted above.

I don't know that I'd say that's a true statement. A bit too generalized don't you think? Some people could say the same if you don't own anything and everything that has terminator on it, from a toothbrush, to lunch box, boxers, plates, cups etc.

Everyone has different tastes and while some people will collect whatever they like in any scale, others may want to stick with a certain scale for a multitude of reasons. I stick with 1/6 for example because of space restriction.

I'm not a big fan of high end 1/4 figures. I've owned a few, mostly Enterbay, and sold them after a few months of ownership. I just wasn't into them and am kind of biased against 1/4 dolls in general.

However, out of the ones I owned, I did end up keeping the Hot Toys QS 001. It is a QUALITY figure. Better than all their 1/6 Batman figs. If Hot Toys put out a nice 1/4 T1 Terminator, I'd buy it. I bet the Arnold likeness would be superb and it certainly is iconic enough to be put in a larger scale format. It's not on any of my wish lists, but I would be hard pressed to say no. Same would go for a QS Keaton Batman or even a Battle Damaged Robo Murphy.

As impressive as a lot of 1/4 stuff is nowadays (fighting hard to resist preordering the 1/4 Iron Man), years ago I had a few NECA pieces (still have Robocop, in fact) and the problem for me is not cost, or the quality, or anything else. It's the SIZE.

1/4 figures are flat-out no fun to mess around with. I honestly think 1/6 is the largest you can go and still have a figure be fun to pose and repose, set up as part of a display, etc. For me at least, the larger scale is an awkward nightmare by comparison.

Back