1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it, not because it's a bad sculpt, it's not a bad sculpt, it looks like old Arnie.

I hate it because I don't like old Arnie Terminator. It's silly. The movie was silly, this will end up in a bargain bin.

Not a bad looking figure! It looks right, but why does Arnie have so much hair! Anyway, an instant pass, not because the figure is poor, but it lacks the wow factor, and that's more to do with the subject/film. Marty and John Matrix on the other hand where instant pre-orders without even thinking. Website loaded, credit card entered before I even looked at the price. I think that's the same for most of us on here.

Not a bad looking figure! It looks right, but why does Arnie have so much hair! Anyway, an instant pass, not because the figure is poor, but it lacks the wow factor, and that's more to do with the subject/film. Marty and John Matrix on the other hand where instant pre-orders without even thinking. Website loaded, credit card entered before I even looked at the price. I think that's the same for most of us on here.

Agreed on the hair. It looks fantastic, it doesn't look that good in person. It lacks wow factor, but is still a good, basic figure.

Well as much as i can understand some people not liking arnold as an "old" T800, i still think he rocks even as old! I like the part in the trailer with him fighting his younger self too. That would be cool to recreate if HT were to redo the 84' T800.

Alright, all the haters can go to other threads to pointlessly complain about other figures they won't get now, why not just leave the thread to people who want to actually add to a conversation instead of trying to de-rail it?
i really, really don't understand how anybody could hate this figure.
if one doesn't care about that new movie, he doesn't care about this new figure. i spent its price for 8 ninja turtles today, because i care for those memories. i'd spend them on this figure if i cared.
and if one does care for that new movie, his demands line is so.. erm... tolerating that this old guy with poor accessories and guaranteed modern HT human figures quality is a top level figure, because all other variants will be low-end ugly cheap things.

IMG_2593%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

IMG_2577%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

IMG_2592%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

IMG_2589%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

IMG_2628%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

(

:rotfl:wink1:

While i think this is overpriced and lacks accessories, this is a good figure. Likeness can be improved as with most figures. But i like old arnie and this is the terminator i will keep. Every single terminator has had its flaws. Some major too.

While i think this is overpriced and lacks accessories, this is a good figure. Likeness can be improved as with most figures. But i like old arnie and this is the terminator i will keep. Every single terminator has had its flaws. Some major too.

Completely agree, compared to some of the terminator figures of the past, this is nearly spot on.

I also agree with others on here in saying that it looks like someone else depending on the angle... I actually see old John Cena in this one, but I still think it looks great.

IMG_2593%u00252B%u002525E6%u0025258B%u002525B7%u002525E8%u002525B2%u0025259D.jpg

i think the head sculpt is spot on, just needed a few more accessories to make it an instant PO! :panic:

terminator.jpg

Definitely not just you.
NECA Is the first thing that came to mind when I first saw it.......and also every time I open SSF and see it in the banner.:lol

Probably because he's old and worn

I guess so. If I didn't knew it was made by HT, I would have guessed that it was a new NECA figure by the promo/banner photos. Can't put my finger on it but maybe it's the colors and wrinkles?

te2.jpg

Seriously. This is probably HT's worst head sculpt as of late. Nothing in the face looks like Arnold. The mouth area is off. The nose if off. The eyes are off etc. It doesn't even look good with the glasses. I hope it gets an upgrade before release for the people who are buying it.

Have you seen the Keaton Bruce Wayne proto sculpt?? That makes this look photo realistic.

I preordered it because I love Terminator... but damn this was a painful one. Like DOFP Wolverine its a pricey one with no accessories to justify.

Back