Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If every Sarah has that same paint scheme, I'd say it's intent, no way a large production run could consistently miss a spot.

I don't think it was ever noticed until you brought it up. Did you notice the scar on her left shoulder? That was an intentional detail they added.

Yea that is pretty cool, including the scar from when the T-1000 stabbed her from above the elevator.

If every Sarah has that same paint scheme, I'd say it's intent, no way a large production run could consistently miss a spot.

This is true, this detail is quite obvious on the figure.

I think my only gripes with this one, is the hat being a tad large and lack of articulation at the elbow but, does she ever look great next to the T-800.

I pray they make a young John Connor, he would really complete this trio.

I'm hoping this line is a hit enough that they'll take a gamble on John, or that they love T2 as much as they seem and just want to do him anyway.

My main issue with Sarah is the articulation, had they made the arms more posable I'd really have no issue with it. I don't think the likeness is perfect and the large chest bothers me a bit, but, they don't interfere with my ability to enjoy the figure, but the posability issues with the arms does.

I would love to see John too, then I could have this setup on one of my shelves ...........

Terminator20220movie20image20Arnold.jpg

As much as T-800 BD is my most desired figure in this line, I'd say John is my grail, the lack of Connor in any line of T2 figures where he is the mission just feels wrong to me. To date, the only lines to include him were the original Kenner figures and Sideshow's bobbleheads, Sideshow 1/6, McFarlane and NECA have ommitted Connor, though NECA even ommitted Sarah, I'm hoping Hot Toys gives us the first complete line of T2 figures.

10336273_gal.jpg

I am glad Cameron went with a nobody actor but, i think Gabriel Damon who was cast in RoboCop 2 may have been a good fit as well, though i think he would have already been working/finnishing up RoboCop 2 as T2 was in production.

I really don't understand why people don't like John in T2, but it's all good, I have no issues with it and I'd love for HT to do a figure. Once HT moves onto T1 or just from Terminator enough where I can feel safe they're not making him, I'll invest effort into trying to do a custom, but for now, I'm waiting to see if they do it first.

Yea, i liked him.

Cameron stated in the comentary off the T2 Extreme dvd that he didn't want young Connor pointing guns or shooting them or acting aggressive in any way like that, though he was trained to shoot them and learn technical things about weapons growing up. Cameron was fine with having scenes where John just handed ammo over and reloaded weapons.

If people wanted him to be a hard as nails type of emotionless kid, it would not have worked in the movie, thats the Terminator's job.

I remember back in grade 7, skater kids around my neighborhood sported Johns hair style, with the bangs hanging over the one side of their face, definitely not as dumb looking as some of the styles we see on kids today.

Well, I don't think it's that anyone wanted him to be a warrior, it seems like the dissappointment is in his voice cracks and "whining", and apparently a few people don't care for the "my own Terminator" line.

It all works for me, there's nothing about the portrayal that makes me think it's unbelievable for him to behave this way or whatever, seems fitting for a kid going through the life he had up to that point to be a whiny, snotty punk always acting like life's not fair.

Yea, apparently his voice sounds younger/vocals breaking up and older through out the movie because Cameron had him voice over a lot of of the original audio vocals due to his vocals cracking for most of the original recorded vocal work.

Young John Connor is 1000000000x better then young Anakin.

If HT can get to make say Henry Plotter figures, then we can expect young John :nana: I think :nana:

I finally had a chance yesterday after a couple of days of receiving Sarah to take her out of the box, along with my second T-800. I must say these are some bad ass figures. I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I put Sarah's watch that's on her right wrist and placed it under the velcro watchband on her left wrist. As most Terminator fans know, she doesn't wear another watch on her right wrist as Hot Toys has done. Which HT probably put there to cover the right wrist/hand joint seam. Here's a quick simple pic I shot today of Sarah with the T-800 in my Detolf.

T-800andSarah.jpg

I finally had a chance yesterday after a couple of days of receiving Sarah to take her out of the box, along with my second T-800. I must say these are some bad ass figures. I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I put Sarah's watch that's on her right wrist and placed it under the velcro watchband on her left wrist. As most Terminator fans know, she doesn't wear another watch on her right wrist as Hot Toys has done. Which HT probably put there to cover the right wrist/hand joint seam. Here's a quick simple pic I shot today of Sarah with the T-800 in my Detolf.

T-800andSarah.jpg

Wow, dude! Two Arnie's and a Linda. I am officially jealous. Well done.

Great set-up!

Don't forget to position the slide on Sarah's shotgun out. For some reason, HT packaged it with the slide in, probably to save space. But it just looks ackward slid in.

Thanks, Red. I can't believe I totally overlooked that shot gun slide. I'll look into adjusting it when I get back home.

Not to sure what the general consensus about this figure is, haven't really read this thread much at all, so I am not sure what has been said and what hasn't, but I think this is a great figure. Its got something quiet, but imposing. Does that makes sense? Anyway, I dig it. Excellent fig.

Some pix.
SDC13507.jpg

SDC13508.jpg

SDC13509.jpg

SDC13512.jpg

SDC13513.jpg

Yeah, i've not really been too tempted to buy it in the same way I was with the T-800 and T-1000. I ordered them both within a couple of days of them going up.

Back