Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'know the normal Sarah headsculpt would be better suited to the Pescadero scene with the vest, denim jacket etc than it is to the version we have now. Just my opinion.

Maybe it would be worthwhile for all the people who are getting both versions to make a pescadero version from the regular version! Sell the regular clothes for some WONGA!

Last edited:
So the arm articulation isn't all that bad. Sure, you can't pose them with the arms turning in towards the body but there's enough articulation at the shoulder to still achieve many rifle holding poses.

I've really cut back my purchases this year so much of what I've bought have been amazing figures, Blade, T-800, Wolverine, Duke etc, so although Sarah is a nice figure there was always going to be a bit of a drop off in terms of my level of excitement.

Slowly getting back to wanting the T-1000 Sarah as well... So count me as one of the "silly" along with Ski and Maul.

My replacement Sarah arrived today. I'm still a bit let down with the arm articulation, it's a shame no bicep swivel, but still a very nice looking figure.

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

My replacement Sarah arrived today. I'm still a bit let down with the arm articulation, it's a shame no bicep swivel, but still a very nice looking figure.

It's a no longer a shame (now)....

Modding Sarah Connor's Silicone/rubbery arm to restore swivel point

Intro/background
- same internal armature arms as used Sheva Alomar. Great shoulder articulation to compensate for the lack of swivel motion.
- great internal articulated body as first used for Chacha Asai.
- re-sculpt of arms by Yulli.

Characteristics of the silicone Arm
1. Internal armature is cast into the external silicone skin/arm. Because of this, each arm is unique is some way. The thickness of the silicone surrounding the internal armature may vary. This is an important point/especially for the elbows that may poke through/crack the thin skin and for this mod to suceed. So unless you inspect the silicone arms of your figure before purchase it will be a luck of draw.
2. Thicker arms of Sarah very much makes this mod possible on SC's arms and not practical on Sheva's arms.

The Modding
1. The arm is cut through as indicated with the black arrow.
2. Drill out the middle core of the cut segments so that you can insert a steel rod inside. Diameter to drill (slightly smaller than the rod to be inserted) this is to give both swivel resistance and for a snug fit so you arms dont fall off.
3. Metal rod to be inserted is at around 1.5cm. The length of the rod goes from the the first screw left to the cut .... to ... the circular shoulder joint at the right.
4. Glue the rod to the lower more fragile section (upper left of the arrow), the swivel motion is all on the larger upper section (upper right of the arrow).
5. Assemble all as shown in the picture, insert it back to the arm sleeves. Arms as good as new with added swivel motion. The arms have an added range of 80 to 90 degrees before being impeded by the silicone exterior.

saraharm.jpg

Will show pics of the "restored" full figure articulation range later.

Yeah, but at least with Dutch, you can pivot the bicep, Sarah's can't, it's even pointed out in the instructions. I'm happy with the shot gun pose I could get though. I'll probably use that for the steel mill look with the T-1000 version, and then go with something similar to that production shot of her in the desert with the machine gun, everyone's using it but with the limits of the figure and trying to distinguish this from steel mill, it's a nice option.

I'm just glad she's tall and her height matches with the T-800, historically, HT females have been too short relative to the males in the same line.

That's a nice mod option, but I'm not hacking up this figure. I don't understand why HT couldn't have just built it in, especially since these females have weapons to hold and a joint at that spot would be helpful.

I'm just not digging this figure, I think it's one of those where the headsculpt throws the whole figure off. Likeness isn't there, you know who it's supposed to be though so I guess that's all that counts!

Love the last shot maul, Arnie looks epic!

sarah will be joining my super forces team of dutch, rambo 3, and of course t-800 arnie this week.
her likeness is there, i see it, i like it.

Back