Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
April? HT typically takes anywhere from 6-12 months from announcement/prototype pics until the item ships. My money is on late Q2/early Q3 2010 at the soonest.

:confused: What? Try 3-4 months max. DX Batman was the only figure that ever took 6 months to release. There have been very rare cases where a release was delayed but nothing has ever taken longer that the typical 3-4 months.

April? HT typically takes anywhere from 6-12 months from announcement/prototype pics until the item ships. My money is on late Q2/early Q3 2010 at the soonest.

What the hell are you talkin about?? Q3 2010??:lol:lol:lol
When does the mech tech iron man come out, Q3 2013? lol

HT's own marketing says April, which would be HK, probably May for Sideshow, Toys2 and the like.

01151.jpg

4 / 2010 is in the lower left of the image.

Hot Toys is hardly ever 12 months wait, Sideshow's about a 6-12 month window at times, but Hot Toys has gotten pretty fast of late.

Their Marcus Wright was about 4 months with 2 resculpted heads. I don't think there's anything overly complex about this first T2 figure that couldn't have it out on time. Jacket, pants, 2 tshirts :tap (c'mon HT), and a few small, simple accessories. The most out of the oridnary part is the Endo arm.

I'm confident we'll have this by summer.

They may rush it out and we'll get another defective figure!

I want them to take their time with this one and make it perfect. But Q4 is way too long. Even for the American and European shipments.

April wouldn't be rushed, again, Marcus Wright came out in 4 months with 2 resculpts and it's one of the best made figures i own, awesome tailoring, amazing paint job.

Batman is a unique figure and 4 months or whatever it was for him is a rush job as we've seen, but this T-800 is business as usual for HT, standard bits all around, no unique materials like a rubber suit to have issues with, no PERS technology. It's just a standard 1/6 figure.

With regards to the light-up eye, I'm really surprised no one else has mentioned another logical idea:

A second pair of sunglasses with the eye painted on it.

Clearly it's meant to replicate the iconic poster image, so I could see HT just making a special pair of sunglasses. For a light-up to shine that clearly through the lenses, it would have to be obscenely bright, which would look ridiculous without the glasses on the figure.

Whats the body made from? Just basic plastic?

Despite Wolverine came out excellent and that was completely new for Hot Toys. If they can do it with him why not The Terminator.

I would imagine the body is like Wolverines, a rubber layer over the hard plastic torso, but can't tell for sure other than how the arms are. It could be HT just modified the Dutch body, I hope not, to use different shoulder connection for the arms or made these arms to work with the Dutch body. Without a shot of the bare body or official HT word on it, there's no telling except what we can see and read which is that the arms are sculpted hard plastic like Wolverine.

With regards to the light-up eye, I'm really surprised no one else has mentioned another logical idea:

A second pair of sunglasses with the eye painted on it.

Clearly it's meant to replicate the iconic poster image, so I could see HT just making a special pair of sunglasses. For a light-up to shine that clearly through the lenses, it would have to be obscenely bright, which would look ridiculous without the glasses on the figure.

Toy Hunters / Sideshow Exclusive possibility too, would be fitting in a way, Tommy Richardson's first blog tease of the new John Connor was a shot of the Ex. PDA device.

I think it would be a good solution, because 1) it doesn't mean anything about the head is geared for an unnecessary function, and 2) being painted on would ensure that no matter what, the look always mirrors the effect from the poster and you wouldn't have to worry about viewing angle or leaving the light on to get it.

Great new pics! Awesome figure and an instant purchase, but not the best likeness for me.

I think the problem is not the short hair, but just the form on the side. It looks like an egg in some way. It would look better if the line above his ears would be straight. I'm not at home at my pc at the moment, so i draw it with paint :D, but this what i mean with the straight line hair cut:

before:
0102-00315-003b4.jpg

after:
t800hair.png

Just seen T2 again...... I would have to agreee with thrustmaster. the hair on arnie's head near the temple area are slightly longer than those smack on top of his head. So throughout the movie (even if he had different styles or haircut) the longer hair on the side of his head are always combed backwards. So in this way, the hair by the side of head shouldn't seem as spiky like the figure's.

Last edited:
I have been trying to look up as many pictures of Arnie as I can and his eyes are less bright blue possible turquoise and I think the eyebrows are a tad close to the eyes throwing off the likeliness a lil but al that could simply be angles and lighting. No matter it is still amazing piece and I need that Harley.
As for the eyes the pupils are clearly drawn on and even if there is still a light behind I can't see how that lil hole would be able to project that image and as I said it doesn't even look like the red is going through the lens. For a moment I thought maybe its integrated into the glasses but who are we kidding, cant make it all that that small yet or can........ HT???

wow looks great. i see tha everyone is getting rid of their customs on ebay as soon as ht annouce the license. lol

this thing is gonna look cool next to my custom t-800. kind of a pro/am contest...........of course the pros win but the am's have more fun..........:chew..........:lol

Sideshow's T-800 walking up to Hot Toys'.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your headsculpt."

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back