Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Toys holds the DX card close to it's chest. I still think the next DX will be an improvement of one their older figures, e.g Rocky or Rambo. Maybe even Terminator 1

Hot Toys holds the DX card close to it's chest. I still think the next DX will be an improvement of one their older figures, e.g Rocky or Rambo. Maybe even Terminator 1

I'll will be VERY let down if they do make another Rambo and it's a remake figure, they are 1 figure away from having every film represented, if they waste the next figure of Rambo on going backwards, it would be epic failure.

Re: My Terminator appreciation post

I prefer the headsculpts of the SS PF and NECAs 12" to be honest. The SS PF nailed the face and expression and the NECA nailed the overall shape of his head including the hair. Its a great effort and it will be unrivalled in its paint and finish but something is off. The hair is too short and neat making the head seem overly thin at the top.

Nevertheless I won't be boycotting this as I did the Big Chap Alien. Definite purchase and what we're seeing now may not be final anyway.

It definitely comes down to Rambo,Rocky,or the terminator for their next dx figure.

Sideshow's PF expression is great, but, it's great for a more human T-800 after he learns from John, I think the HT figure has a great determined look to it which I think is more fitting for the more mission focused stage in T2 from which this figure is based, at least so we expect from the one shot of accessories we've seen so far.

DX'ing robocop would piss a lot of people off IMO. Don't those things go for $300+? I know HT doesn't think about it that way, but it may be enough to lose some customers if they keep revisiting and improving previous figures long sold out.

They head sculpt look amazing but am i the only one who tink the blue eyes look weird:confused:

Have to see if there really is a light up feature or not, they might have to look different to be both blue unlit and clearly read when lit.

If i'm paying $300+ for a Robocop figure it means i'm a huge fan. If Hot Toys were to revisit the Robocop line in DX form (hense DX) as a fan I wouldn't be pissed at all, I would appreciate anything improved or even overall better likeness.

Just ask the TDK fans how they feel. Most if not all bought the DX versions of Batman and Joker.

What does Hot Toys have to do with the $300 price tag anyway?

06721.jpg
0102-00315-003b4.jpg

Heres a great picture showing how his hair should look.

A Dx Robocop is certainly welcomed by me, I had to sell mine since i needed some cash at the time and was a bit uninterested with the figure mainly because the mouth area looks so dated, its a awesome figure but, a new version with removeable battle damage/clean armor would be cool,new life like headsculpt,antitank gun or whatever it is,glossy chin guard(like we see in RoboCop 2),improved articulation in the arms especially.I would buy it.

06721.jpg
0102-00315-003b4.jpg

Meh, its good enough in my book.Still way better then what SSC gave us with hair too long, almost slicked back greaser style.

If i'm paying $300+ for a Robocop figure it means i'm a huge fan. If Hot Toys were to revisit the Robocop line in DX form (hense DX) as a fan I wouldn't be pissed at all, I would appreciate anything improved or even overall better likeness.

Just ask the TDK fans how they feel. Most if not all bought the DX versions of Batman and Joker.

What does Hot Toys have to do with the $300 price tag anyway?

Nothing, it's not HT's responsibility how rare there stuff becomes and if a few years down the line they release an improved version using new tech they figure out but some people spent insane ammounts on it on the secondary market.

Good example, the Begins costume figure last year, it was years later, they greatly improved from their abilities on the first one, I think the release was justified.

Even with no justification on the TDK DX figures, it's still worth it to some of us to pursue the best looking figure. If I didn't care about Joker and Batman, I might have just been pissed about the whole thing and passed, but they're musts for me because of the importance of the film to me.

If they DX an old Rambo, I'll enjoy it sure, especially Part 2, the weakest of them all, what would dissappoint is not having one from the 4th film at all and 2 from one, but actually obsoleting one wouldn't bother me, it's subpar quality compared to others in the line already bothers me :lol

06721.jpg

Trouble with T2 is, there is no "way his hair should look", Arnie's do looks different at various times in the film.

Most of us love the classic poster style like the photo you posted, but HT's not in the wrong for doing it the way they did.

terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg

A lot of the later scenes in the film also have it more like the HT figure, as cooler as the early biker style looked, it was the least present in the movie.

Here's two more looks it had going on in the movie. Naturally, as the prosthtics crept more into his hair, the added pieces drove what they did, but still, shows there's no single consistent look to him in the film.

arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-2.jpg

956-068.jpg

Yea i think in various scenes throughout the movie, he has more hairstyling product in and other scenes not so much, which throws off the length and style of the hair, i am sure he had a few haircuts throughout the filming of T2 as well.

Is this actually sculpted hair or actual fiber hair?
With sunglasses on I can see the Terminator/Arnie 100% but off it looses a few % so there must be something off with the eyes. I dunnu what it is but might be the bright blue eyes

Ultimately, the hair's execution as far as sculpting ls such a marvel in my eyes, I don't care about the overall style, it's close enough, just getting it to look so realistically spike is like a break through.

Trouble with T2 is, there is no "way his hair should look", Arnie's do looks different at various times in the film.Most of us love the classic poster style like the photo you posted, but HT's not in the wrong for doing it the way they did.A lot of the later scenes in the film also have it more like the HT figure, as cooler as the early biker style looked, it was the least present in the movie.Here's two more looks it had going on in the movie. Naturally, as the prosthtics crept more into his hair, the added pieces drove what they did, but still, shows there's no single consistent look to him in the film.
That's true, In the film his hair was always slightly different in each scene. I just always remember it being slightly longer than in HT photos. Regardless still a fantastic looking figure. Now if only we could get official spec and pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back