Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800!

I just can't see it being in production already, it usually seems like HT gauges production numbers from early interest, sure they did a poll, but that was without a prototype. Unless they guess numbers from the T:S sales, or if they have standard editions sizes for all their lines and we just never know.

I love it! Hope it comes with the endoarm and that HT do not exclusify this to death.

Ooooooh, light-up PERS.

What email said this was a DX T2 T-800?

qtoys said it was a DX, which means to me it's a one off, not a plunge into the T2 line.

Most likely because it resulted from a HT Fan poll. But it also means to me a BD light up head and other goodies.

Not to mention the possibility of a SSC EX.

I just got out of 1/6. But this will be mine. A welcome back is in order?

If you can't wait for April, im selling my T-2 T-800 Arnie Custom. Taking offers and possible trade

It looks fantastic based on that one pic and I didn't expect anything less from HT. Likeness looks great from what I can tell, the build is pretty good - 2 aspects that kick the crap out of the sideshow version...and undoubtedly the clothes will too.

If any T-800 figure from HT was to have PERS it wouldn't be too much of a disaster if it had that wide-eyed thing Joker and Batman have going on as you could cover it with the sunglasses but ideally it would be more squinty. Although I noticed in T1 Arnie does widen his eyes when discharging a weapon. So you could excuse it that way if you wished too.

So glad they've given the exposed endo-arm option. Now I won't need to customise that. It looks amazing even in that small pic. However, since they've gone and done that, and I'm assuming its part of the one figure, I'm feeling like I need to buy 2 of these to display both options simultaneously - and by multibuying the NECA T2s I was intending to avoid doubling up on the expensive HT versions. So much for that!

What a time for T2 fans. Between NECAs (still) excellent figures and now this we're finally getting definitive figures from that film in the 2 best action figure scales and price categories. One hell of a step up from the Kenner toys. It took long enough!

Good man Bezerkerr, the Neca version is astounding, especially for that price tag. Hot toys will have to go a long way if they want to get the body shape of Arnie as spot on as Neca did. It is 100% Arnold as the T-800, end of. It's a figure every T2 fan should happily have in his collection imo.

Back on topic, :rock :rock :rock :rock This is so exciting. My favourite film and dream figure is getting the hot toys treatment. Unbelievably good news!

Wonder when a-dev is going to stumble across this thread :lol

I concur. I think they and the HT figures can live together in harmony on people's shelves especially if you're a Terminator fanatic. Fair enough if you only need one great representation of the T-800 and you have the money buy Hot Toys one but you're not going wrong with NECAs if you're on a budget. An amazing lower-end figure that can capture the iconic poses and IMO may yet have the best headsculpt - its definitely the most accurate attempt at Arnie's headshape and haircut in T2 ever done. His mouth is possibly sculpted to mimic the precise face Arnie makes when firing a gun which may be a bit off-putting for some but its Arnie without a doubt.

Hey, for Terminator fans its all good right now after 18 or so years.

Last edited:

Why do you guys think they would release a DX of a new character First? If they make a DX first no one will buy the standard version. Which is exactly why they're not gonna do that:duh

Because at some point, they have to just do it right once or eventually, people will actually stop buying first runs of their figures and they won't be able to get away with it anymore.

I really doubt this is a DX, i think it would have been in the print from the pic we are seeing.I actually hope it isn't a DX and rather something similar to what we got with Marcus but!, with a lot more accessories.

If this does indeed release a "DX" version it just proves my suspicion that Hot Toys intends on making everything a "DX" release one day. A change in packaging, an up in price and extra goodies. There is a transition taking place imo.

Also, well said A-Dev, couldn't agree more!!!!

The article doesn't even say MMS though, so I wouldn't use the scan as a guage on DX or not.

I think this version is only coming with everything up until the stand off scene at Cyberdyne between T-800 and the police.I think the BD version will have two heads(one with light up eye) and changeable BD arm,other head with minor damage from when they are escaping Cyberdyne,a pretty much bare grenade bandolier and damaged nade launcher.

I think this version is only coming with everything up until the stand off scene at Cyberdyne between T-800 and the police.I think the BD version will have two heads(one with light up eye) and changeable BD arm,other head with minor damage from when they are escaping Cyberdyne.

That's my theory too, the T2 damage is complex enough you couldn't really do it in the same set as the "cleaner" looks before it, and if you do, then it'll be a large, pricey package, but probably more profitable for two sets instead of one big one.

It all makes no difference to me ................. i'll take each and every damn thing they produce .......... and i'd thank them for it too! :)

I'm hoping for this and a BD version... but if this is the DX and is the only representation then I'm good with that. Either way we win.

Makes sense actually that this could be a DX, since he has the shotgun and glasses (black t) WITH the reveal arm (gray t). I would think the extra correct t will be included.

Extra t-shirt, alternate bullet holed jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back