Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what I'm concerned with in terms of being different from Sideshow is, is this going to be Sideshow's figure made better or Sideshow's made better and taken further.

I hope this figure will include a hair down portrait, machine gun, and shotgun to have the ability to make it represent Sarah from Cyberdyne on, which are the more important and prominent scenes of the film, having her geared out to assault Dyson isn't the most interesting, and Sideshow already did that.

This won't have the cheesy plastic SS booties.

Yeah, the gloss on the Sideshow boots is a bit much. If they have a hair down portrait, I'm hoping for sculpted hair, I don't think their doll hair would be right for Sarah, it's too perfect and clean, looks right for female characters where they have a very clean look to them, but Sarah's messy, just hope it doesn't look like Elizabeth Swann's hair :lol

It's a pretty fair image though, you can see almost the whole body. There's a lot you can tell from that photo. I don't see anything looking wrong about it in that photo, just a question of, how much different from the Sideshow figure will this full set be.

If T-800 went up for order in January with an April release target, I'd guess this figure for May/June.

The eyes have it. You can't see the entire face.

True, but I'm confident the eyes will be fine. One thing I like about this sculpt over Trev's is the mouth, at least for the Dyson assassination aspect of the movie. HT's captures that cold, shut off look Linda had for that point, Trev's captures Sarah's overall emotinal state for T2.

Yeah this won't have PERS since it's not a DX however, if it were they could easily make the back of the hair interchangeable so it could be long or braided.

You couldn't really get away with just swapping the backs of the hair, but if you made both hair styles a wig over a bald head, you could swap the whole thing.

sarahconnor.jpg

t2_560.jpg

There's also a third hair option, if you do hair down, do you just do it down, or do you do it sweaty from the mill.

00022186.jpg

Well if you're going to have an interchangeable scalp you might as well go all the way and thrown in PERS as well. That would definitely make this upgrade all the more enticing.

PERS could be really nice if they did the sweaty long hair too, to tilt the eyes up like when she's firing rounds into the T-1000 just before the T-800 comes to save the day.

It's a shame HT cheaped out and is using the standard female TT for the body vs. sculpting a female muscle body for better screen accuracy. For the price they'll end up charging, it should be a new body. :(

I'm curious to see if they get some of the details right. Dark gray tank top, looks greenish, wooden gun handle on the sniper rifle and if they'll include the modded shotgun for FB fun. Makes no sense to include a shotgun if they don't include a long hair sculpt anyway.

I'm still waiting to see the whole shebang, get it, she-bang as in hair? Anyway if there's no long hair head it looks like elvis1976 will be getting a pantload of work. And if they don't I'll simply pick up a few parted out items as I have a Les Repaint and it's pretty awesome.

It's a shame HT cheaped out and is using the standard female TT for the body vs. sculpting a female muscle body for better screen accuracy. For the price they'll end up charging, it should be a new body. :(

This is new from the torso up atleast is it not?, its not the same as Sheva thats for sure.

Surprised the T1000 was not announced next, but glad they have already previewed the next T2 figure!! This line is movin'!

Wow, there I was racing to post this up, and you're already 10 pages in!

SarahConnorteaser.jpg

wooks you're getting old :D

figure looks perfect to me. nothing to criticize. Head looks perfect, body is very well done. but still, i think i wont buy it, when they sell it with their todays price-tag.

and as for the long hair. sure it would look cool, when it would be like in the real pics, but i didn't see no pic until yet where a head with real hair looks good to me. and even if the hair would be sculpted, even that would look weird and you wont move the head that much. it was the logical way to do this version of sarah and i don't think that we'll see another hs with long hair.

i might pass on this, would have loved to see the t1000 first and than a sarah&john combo.

This figure looks great! The expression is really good. I'm curious to see what accessories she comes with.

Still, as it looks now, this is gonna be a pass for me. HT has too many other licenses that have my interest. It's probably only going to be the T-800 from their T2 line, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back