Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping they would go this route... So glad I pre-ordered the Arnie... this one will follow suit for sure.

I am holding out for at least two kyle reese pieces if not at least 1984 ! :rock

I think people are mad that they spent money on the ugly Sideshow one and now HT put out a good one. It's why I never buy the best of something simply because it's the best by default but it still sucks. Because sooner or later someone will do one that is up to standard and I'll have not spent money or wasted shelf space displaying something that looks just OK or in the case of the SS Sarah... really bad!

Yo man but this is a whole other level, the next one.
BTW you can still get those for a normal price as far as i know.

Re: HT Sarah Connor

Oooh, arm skins and sculpted neck. I'm sooo getting one of these bodies for my Ripley in Power-Loader when they get parted out! :rock

WOW! I think she looks great. The body is key! Makes all the difference.

I'm still astounded they made this figure, and so quickly up front in the line.

BIG BONUS: gonna use that body for VASQUEZ too!

Not a bad idea...I was thinking for Ripley in Power-Loader, since the arms don't quite look muscly enough to be Vasquez...

I think people are mad that they spent money on the ugly Sideshow one and now HT put out a good one. It's why I never buy the best of something simply because it's the best by default but it still sucks. Because sooner or later someone will do one that is up to standard and I'll have not spent money or wasted shelf space displaying something that looks just OK or in the case of the SS Sarah... really bad!

but in that thinking doesn't that mean you can't buy any figures or only ones that aren't as good as another similar ?.

Curious to see better pics of the sculpt as this will be the first time that we've had a Trev Grove sculpt and Yulli sculpt of the same character like this.

Well, I think I'm going to have to jump on this one. I'm getting the t-800 and 1000 and I'm hoping they make a furlong Connor. That would be super sweet.

I'd be really surprised if they made a Furlong Connor.

I bet that parted out body becomes as expensive as the whole figure on eBay. Using her for Vasquez and Ripley is an awesome idea.

I love this figure. I'd love to have the option of her in her escape from the hospital gear, but my first choice for display is in full tac. That's ultimate mother of the future badass Sarah.

what's special about her body?

it seems rather basic and unimpressive with limited articulation, specifically the elbow joints.

what's special about her body?

it seems rather basic and unimpressive with limited articulation, specifically the elbow joints.

nice paint job and no joints. Most people prefer the realistic looks and aren't too bothered about the limited articulation .
I think I'm somewhere in between.

but in that thinking doesn't that mean you can't buy any figures or only ones that aren't as good as another similar ?.

Nope, it just means I don't add anything in my collection that isn't up to par or up to today's standards and if I do, I find a way to make it up to today's standards as best I can.

Like the SS bonds are really outdated, have dollish bodies and tailoring, but with HT body's and suits and repaints on their heads to show off their excellent likenesses but hide their really poor paint jobs, if not up to today's standard completely its close.

I have one thing on my shelf that I deem as not anywhere near today's standards. That's SS Princess Liea. And its so bad in my opinion that I'd rather not have a Liea then display it and I didnt even mind it so much when i first got it. But it just looks bad.

I won't put anything on my shelf unless it holds up to par. Quality not quantity.

Its the reason why I don't own any SS Indys... I love Indy but think their 1/6 offerings just suck. I'd rather own none. One day some one is gonna do a decent Indy... for now I do enjoy my Premium Format one.

It's not about the fact that in a years time, I'll be completely honest in saying I thought 1/6 was not even worth collecting until HT revolutionized it.

Nope, it just means I don't add anything in my collection that isn't up to par or up to today's standards and if I do, I find a way to make it up to today's standards as best I can.

Like the SS bonds are really outdated, have dollish bodies and tailoring, but with HT body's and suits and repaints on their heads to show off their excellent likenesses but hide their really poor paint jobs, if not up to today's standard completely its close.

I have one thing on my shelf that I deem as not anywhere near today's standards. That's SS Princess Liea. And its so bad in my opinion that I'd rather not have a Liea then display it and I didnt even mind it so much when i first got it. But it just looks bad.

I won't put anything on my shelf unless it holds up to par. Quality not quantity.

Its the reason why I don't own any SS Indys... I love Indy but think their 1/6 offerings just suck. I'd rather own none. One day some one is gonna do a decent Indy... for now I do enjoy my Premium Format one.

It's not about the fact that in a years time, I'll be completely honest in saying I thought 1/6 was not even worth collecting until HT revolutionized it.

I hear ya man. I so badly want an Indy figure as its one of my all time fav films since I was a kid. Then i had a look at Sideshows stuff and said to myslef, just forget it...wait until hot toys. HOT TOYS DO A INDY !!!! Also alot of people are saying that they wudnt buy an indy cause Sideshow have already done it but thats a load of crap. The minute they see that headsculpt they'll fall over with excitement !!!

Personally am not getting this figure but you still gotta hand it to them for doing one hell of a job. Love the muscle suit covering up the joints. Defo gonna be gettin the Arnold T2 Hot Toys one though. U'd be a massive retard not to. Throw your sideshow Arnold out and show some love to the hot toys one !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back